What's new

What all would MK9's last patch include?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They're impossible to react to and lead to high 30s-40% damage, which is completely fucked.
Maybe let one of them be fairly quick but make the other 22-ish frames so you have at least some defense.

Other than that, the REAL problem with Freddy is his NMS. THAT shit is fucked.
You can wade all the way through his projectiles easily enough, but once you get within any sort of close proximity, OH GUESS WHAT I'M FULL SCREEN AGAIN IN HALF A SECOND GG.
On top of just allowing him to put literally an entire screen between you AGAIN, if he does happen to do it at a close range, it makes EVERYTHING whiff and then you get launched for a combo, which is safe if you do happen to block it.

Get rid of NMS. Period.
I actually forgot about NMS. If you activate it right it makes Sektor's homing missile completely whiff.

People wanted Kenshi banned before this fool? lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Scumbag for nerfing Smoke into the low-mid tier. Nerf the resets, but that character needs buffs to compete without them. The fact that no one even considers this is hilarious. People just see damage, demand nerfs, and look no deeper into the character.
What in the world could he possibly need that he doesn't already have? Without the resets he will essentially be a faster Reptile with a projectile parry.

Edit: AND A TELEPORT!

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I doubt they would be able to do a massive overhaul like adding a buffer window for normals and a better training mode.

Assuming they will only be able to make some small changes I think that fixing the resets in some way and getting rid of the safe, combo starting armor would be a good start. Also, fixing some of the bugs (p1 advantage, can't crouch block after whiffed jump attack, meter drain glitch, etc) would be great.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Alien Substance no adding Kratos to XBOX version so he can be tournament legal? I am disappointed.

My Jade changes:
- overhead staff - +1 on block (0 now), can be done in the air as aerial special
- staffgrab - 17f (19f now), -9 on block (-11 now) so it's not punishable by fast specials (Nightwolf shoulder, JC shadowkick, Baraka blade charge, Kenshi shoulder etc.), does 10% dmg (8% now)
- shadow kick launches slightly higher for a true launch
- straight and high boomerangs 22f start-up (28 now) and 51f and 50f duration respectively (59f and 58f now); or make them cancelable
- low boomerang 22f start-up (26f now), 60f duration (68f now), +1 on hit (-9 now), -11 on block (-21 now)
- flash - negates Kenshi's tele-flurry/sword slashes and Smoke's bomb, 21f delay before reactivation (27f now)
- glow - takes normal damage (+50% now), lasts 120f (92f now), 21f delay before reactivation (27f now)
- 122 - last 2 overhead, -9 on block (-28 now) with pushback (no push-back now)
- 12 - +22 cancel on block (+17 now)
- 2 - 10f start-up (13f now), or make it hit mid (hits high now)
- 23 - +22 cancel on block (+17 now) to have no gap in 23f2
- 3 - 12f start-up (15f now), +24 cancel on block (+19 now) not to have a gap in 342
- 34 - +68 cancel on hit (+58 now) so staff overhead connects
- 342 recovers a little faster on hit so dashing and connecting a shadow kick is possible, 2 hits mid (hits high now) and is -9 on block with pushback (-16 now, without pushback), or make it a true launcher
- 4 - +35 cancel on hit (+26 now) so staff overhead connects
- 4f3 - -5 on block (-7 now) so it's not punishable by Reptile's dash
- b1 - +22 cancel on block (+10 now) to at least have a jailing shadow kick option (everything after b1 on block is interruptable by a poke now)
- b1f1 - -5 on block (-18 now)
- b2 - 15f (18f now), -10 on block (-13 now) and pushback (no push-back now)
- b3 - 15f (17f now), +22 cancel on block (+17 now) to have no gap in b32, 0 on block (-2 now)
- b4 - 15f (17f now)
- f2 - 20f (24f now), 45f duration (53f now), +27 cancel on block (+24 now) not to have a gap in f21, extended vertical hitbox
- f21 - high-low (high-high now)
- u3 - hits mid (hits high now)
- X-ray - let it be -68 on block, but give it overhead properties and extended vertical hitbox so it can anti-air

Also for Shang Tsung: soulsteal to have a little more forward movement so it can avoid cross-ups better on wake-up.
Kitana: reduce air fans damage to 6% from 9%
Kabal: reduce air fire balls and saw damage to 6% from 9%

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Man, this is brutal. Wat would she be left with. This would probably make her one of the worst in the game. She has the worst strings for a rushdown char as is.

Anyway this is the suggestions I posted in the other thread for her, copy pasted here.

-The overhead option off of MS should be -12
-DK should lead to roll animation on block so every character can get their max dmg full combo punish. EX Dk should be -3.
-Cw and Ex Cw should be -6 on block.
- 2 should hit mid
-4 should have a greater cancel adv on block
Not bad... but that roll animation on divekick F UUUU! lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He'll no to the safe b2 overhead, better pokes is fine but he gets a full combo out of that move so why let him be safe from it. If you are going to commit to the overhead or low then you should be prepared to take the punish if you guessed wrong. Otherwise to for the safe overhead kick or mixup 11,1,111 pressure. If scorpions pokes are buffed and the top tiers are nerfed he could potentially become A+ tier in my eyes as he could play a safe traditional footsies game but if he's down big he has the best comeback factor in the game IMO.
he'll??

dude, 90% of the stuff you wrote make them s tier and the other 10% make no sense how is his suggestion bad?

scorpions b2 should be safe

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Remove random advantage on blocked strings (Cage, Liu, everyone lol)
Input bug... gone.

Sub-Zero EX Ice Puddle reset makes a comeback ... that thing almost made me main him.

Cyrax/Smoke resets removed.

Jade
- both 12 and 4 need to combo into overhead staff
- standing 3 has more forward range
- u3 cannot be ducked
- old damage back
- glow avoids all of Kenshi's special moves
- remove double damage taken during ex glow
- ex green kick hits mid??? maybe too much? lol

Kano
- old knives back
- get a damn sound effect on ball startup (why is this silent?) *just me nitpicking

Sindel
- 4 special cancelable again
- armor on ex scream

Cyber Sub-Zero
- teleport to function just like Cyrax, ex faster to make it useful in matches where he struggles to get in
- fix his throw for stick players using 1+3 so you can dash up and throw without getting an unintended bomb

Kenshi
- regular spirit charge punishable on block
- ex spirit charge no advantage on block
- overhead swords need slightly less horizontal range so you can dash out of the way on a read.

Sonya
- cartwheels more negative on block
- ex cartwheel less armor (only on start like Kabal ex nomad dash?)

Kabal
- cannot cancel ex nomad dash
- slight cooldown on instant air gas blasts (lasts until the one on-screen leaves the screen), if another is attempted too soon, it doesn't come out or he does the animation and nothing comes out

Noob
- ex tackle to have less recovery than normal tackle on block (not double)
- ex teleport armor and ground bounce on hit for juggle
- portal hitbox slightly more horizontal range or have suction properties
- shadow tackle and shadow slide have slightly less recovery frames
- and what D. R. said here

Reptile
- fix his hitbox so he can do something about Mileena's telekick to sai like the rest of the cast

Skarlet
- daggers need to do 4% on hit

Mileena
- fix her throw for stick players using 1+3 so you can dash up and throw without getting an unintended telekick
- armor on ex neckbite, not full combo punishable on block

Ermac
- ex teleport to be like Scorpion's, advantage on block

Scorpion
- fix ex spear at point blank so it hits (it whiffs behind opponent sometimes when done while pressured, ie: cage f3)
- adjust normals to be more like other characters advantage on hit, but not so much that he gets free hellfires or 50/50's on them (d4?)

he'll??

dude, 90% of the stuff you wrote make them s tier and the other 10% make no sense how is his suggestion bad?

scorpions b2 should be safe
Okay, first of all he'll is pretty clearly autocorrected from hell on my phone, no need to be a grammar nazi. And if he gets better pokes to where he can poke out of pressure and can frame trap effectively off of a d4 on hit then why should his b2 launcher that leads to a vortex become safe on block as well. If Scorpions pokes remain as they are I could see b2 becoming safe but otherwise he now has good pokes to compete with the rest of the cast and the best comeback mechanic in the game that is now not necessarily punishable anymore? Seems slightly overpowered to me considering he top tiers will have been nerfed as well. And give examples on the 90% of things I said making characters overpowered, I am adjusting my list if I hear an argument against it

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
They should be completely unsafe yeah but if they did this what use would they even have?
Well for example, Sektor should have ex flame (enough advantage to get a jump in pressure at least) rather than ex tele armor.
Ermac should have EX push rather than EX Lift?

I'd personally make it mid and safe rather than an overhead. He'd still have a good enough guessing game provided the other stuff is fixed. Besides, did you not notice Smoke has a faster safe overhead starter that leads to more damage without the reset? lol

This is why focus should come directly from the respective character forums.
Smokes also does not lead to a vortex with either free pressure or another combo attempt linked on at the end. And smoke has no low combo starter to go with his b2 starter. D4 gives good advantage to go for it but if Scorpions pokes were buffed I honestly think he would be able to compete with the higher tier characters. If you make b2 a mid then his overhead kick should probably be speed up as its fuzzy guard able without to much difficulty now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kano
- b+2 starts up in 17 frames.
- f+3 starts up in 16 frames.
- change horizontal roll's notation to b, f + button input.
- whiffed aerial roll recovers like Cyber Sub Zero's whiffed dive kick.
- adjust choke hold to be like Jax's gotcha grab in terms of start up and recovery frame.
- 2 frames less recovery on knife toss.
- up ball has 6 frames of start up but recovers at -16 at all times.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Scumbag for nerfing Smoke into the low-mid tier. Nerf the resets, but that character needs buffs to compete without them. The fact that no one even considers this is hilarious. People just see damage, demand nerfs, and look no deeper into the character.
It's not just "seeing damage". The fact that they do so much damage means that they get to fight sloppy. A Smoke or Cyrax player can be totally outplayed and still pull out a victory because they have the damage resets.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Remove random advantage on blocked strings (Cage, Liu, everyone lol)
Input bug... gone.

Reptile
- fix his hitbox so he can do something about Mileena's ex telekick to sai like the rest of the cast
He can punish ex telekick, it's the normal one he needs help with. :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It's not just "seeing damage". The fact that they do so much damage means that they get to fight sloppy. A Smoke or Cyrax player can be totally outplayed and still pull out a victory because they have the damage resets.
You are not getting my point though. I am agreeing with you that the resets need to go, but the character needs buffs outside of the fixes is what I am saying. It is easy to point out the obvious and call for a nerf. But it is frustrating when you have played a character for more than 2 years straight, see other obvious issues, and have to sit and here see the community see eliminating resets as the only fix the character needs.

AntMan

Banned
You guys think every character forum should have its own topic concerning a possible patch?

Might be a lot of threads, but it'd be more organized and not cluttered into one single topic.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You are not getting my point though. I am agreeing with you that the resets need to go, but the character needs buffs outside of the fixes is what I am saying. It is easy to point out the obvious and call for a nerf. But it is frustrating when you have played a character for more than 2 years straight, see other obvious issues, and have to sit and here see the community see eliminating resets as the only fix the character needs.

Why is Smoke entitled to be top tier? Get normalized.

Smoke needs no buffs; He has excellent tools already.
Nerf Kabal and Kung Lao into reasonable levels and all your complaints will be addressed.

Plop

Noob
Kano needs more than faster knives and upball. I'd like to see a faster b2 and f3. It would also be nice if you couldnt interrupt ALL of his strings.
Also, armor on choke please. The armor on Exball is ok, but it's too easy to fuck it up by holding the block button for more than a millionth of a second by mistake. While we're on the topic of Exball, charge up shouldn't be 45mins long. It's the biggest waste of meter in the whole game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jade
12~Staff Slam needs to link for a full combo (9f punisher)
4~Staff Slam needs to link for a full combo (12f Mid whiff punisher)
U3 Needs to be a mid again.
Glow needs to take regular damage.
Faster projectiles would be amazing but not completely necessary.

Ok I have to say it:

Mileena: Roll beeing low is gonna make her too strong so I don't ask for it.

1. Armor. The obvious EX move to add it is neck bite. That's the most important thing I ask. If that's the only change I get I'm still gonna be satisfied.

2. Neck bite (EX or normal) only 3 frames disadvantage on block, so she has something to use(cancel) after d4 or d3.

3. Maybe make second hit on EX tele an overhead to improve her pressure abilities.

I can live with d1 being the way it is. I'm so used to it, I've learned not to use it, ever. Of course if the patch gives her a better one I'm not saying no obviously. But, armor. I don't know if you get it, but, armor. Armor. Neckbite, armor.