What's new

What all would MK9's last patch include?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just some thoughts off the top of my head for Kabal:
- Buzzsaw has less pushback on block, but -8 on block to prevent pressure checks being EX dashed. I don't think it should be punishable.
- F4 splats
- EX dash no longer cancellable
- EX Buzzsaw can be used for a standing reset instead, ala vanilla MK3
- Lesser advantage from some NDC'd strings.
- IAGB is a gray area because I feel like we'd only be nerfing it on the basis that he doesn't need it, and all that ideology has ever done is prevent some other problem from being addressed. Maybe give it a proximity limit between the ground and his airbone hurtbox?

AntMan

Banned
Smoke - Remove resets. Last hit of EX Teleport on block should leave him at 0 (note: this move can be interrupted like Scorp's in anticipation) for new pressure options. Finally, EX Smoke Towards/Away should have invincibility start-up frames on wake up.

Kabal - more recovery on iagbs. EX Nomad Dash should not be cancelable. Make his overhead tornado slam mid, or remove all pushback from it and buzzsaw, as well as make both slightly more punishable on block.

Edit: Sonya - Mili Stance F+1 should be 0. MS 1+3 should be -9. Kartwheel and EX version should be -20. On block, obviously.

Kenshi - Spirit Charge and EX variant should NOT pushback. EX Spirit Charge should be 0 on block. Regular Spirit Charge should have more recovery frames so he can't instantly throw one after another.

Cyrax - Remove resets. Derp.

Johnny Cage - If all the top characters are nerfed, then he will need fixing too. Otherwise, Cage will become the new Kabal (along with Lao). I just don't know what should be fixed. His tools aren't the problem. It's his overall design. Kung Lao, on one hand, has many weaknesses that can be exploited--he's incredibly good, but balanced. Cage, on the other hand, has only one weakness: his bad MUs. But if those MUs are no longer a problem, what is stopping this character from dominating?

All Vita costumes including the DLC ones
Sony has NRS by the balls in some sort of agreement/contract thing with "PSV-exclusive content when porting", if I remember correctly.
Cyrax - Remove resets. Derp.

Johnny Cage - If all the top characters are nerfed, then he will need fixing too. Otherwise, Cage will become the new Kabal (along with Lao). I just don't know what should be fixed. His tools aren't the problem. It's his overall design. Kung Lao, on one hand, has many weaknesses that can be exploited--he's incredibly good, but balanced. Cage, on the other hand, has only one weakness: his bad MUs. But if those MUs are no longer a problem, what is stopping this character from dominating?
Cyrax needs it! :p

Maybe removing the armor on his Eclipse Kick is all I could do away with, or reducing the hit advantage by 11 frames?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I think this patch should really focus on the Sindel's, Jade's, Stryker's, Noob's, and other "lower tier" characters. All I can say is this:

Jade:
She needs her Kitana-esque damage back. Pre patch she could do I believe around 42-45% meter-less off of B1/3. For a character that is high execution, combo wise, this is a no brainer. Why was this taken from her?

She needs her U3 to be mid again...again, WHY?

And I personally think she should be able to flash through Kenshi's specials...I know that may seem ridiculous but it's the only thing that would even REMOTELY make that match tolerable and fair for the Jade.

Sindel:
4 needs to be special cancelable again.
THIS BITCH NEEDS ARMOR. If Kenshi (a zoner) can have armor for weeks why can't Sindel? If she is granted armor it needs to be on Scream. If not scream then on cartwheel or her fireball or hair whip...at least something to get people off of her.

This patch is the only hope for the low tier...and if the low tier get buffed, this game will be exciting again and top 8's can finally be diverse.

Error

DF2+R2
Kano
Faster Knives
Choke hits mid, 0 on block (if it isn't already)
tighten the gaps in his strings
I think it'd be interesting if his air ball had less recovery on whiff.

I changed the Kung Lao and Johnny Cage nerfs I previously had after some feedback. Tell me what you think.

Kabal: Buzzsaw can be reflected and has a slightly different animation so things like Sektor's teleport can hit it on a read, but it still comes out behind him. Iagb has less meter building. 2 ndc has less advantage. Optional-(EX Nomad Dash no longer cancellable). Higher midscreen damage to compensate.
Kenshi:Spirit Charge is not punishable but leaves Kenshi in block stun to where every character can get pressure off of a regular blocked spirit charge if they react quickly enough.
Cyrax: Loses resets
Kung Lao: Loses super armor on ex teleport grab whiff
Reptile: ex dash no longer interruptible and has the same block stun as every other character on Mileena's telekick. However his regular dash is now more punishable on block so I can actually punish it online lol
Sonya: ex cartwheel punishable on block, regular cartwheel keeps the same properties.
Smoke: loses resets but ex smoke away/ torwards have a hit of armor (I'm open to suggestions on how to keep smoke good after taking out resets)
Jax: f413 hits mid on all characters but becomes -2 on block always, (could also remove corner resets but give Gina launching midscreen combo starter outside of ground pound)
Ermac: enhanced teleplay gains a hit of armor and enhanced teleport is safe on block but is still minus (-6)
Sindel: gains armor on ex cartwheel
Raiden: Gaps in his strings become uninterruptible.
Cyber Sub Zero: better pokes and bombs freeze every time (while avoiding allowing for resets hopefully)
Sheeva: faster pokes, ground pound is cancellable and ex ground pound has a hit of armor and launches (ex version is not cancellable)
Nightwolf: f3 becomes a low and gains an overhead combo starter. Not a vortex like Scorpions but still a good guessing game
Scorpion: better pokes
Sub zero: gets back his old 22
Kano: strings uninterruptible, upball is more punishable on block but his overhead and low starters become faster
Johnny Cage: f3 minus 2 on block
Noob Saibot: shadow uppercut has a smaller hitbox and is full combo punishable if ducked similar to Nightwolfs charge, enhanced shadow uppercut has armor though. Increased damage on midscreen combos maybe.
Freddy Kreuger: I'm not really sure but his zoning needs to be toned down a little, maybe less pushback on projectiles or make his teleport slower?
Jade: 12 combos into staff slam.
Baraka: 2 becomes faster, maybe 15-16 frames but I'm not sure.
Quan Chi: loses rune trap, 1 becomes 8 or 9 frames and u3 becomes 20 frames.
Stryker: more mid hitting combo starters
No changes for Rain, Liu Kang, Sektor, Scarlett, and Shang Tsung (maybe ground skull becomes +1)

Obviously some characters I don't really know how to change but i feel that would lead to a very balanced game

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Sonya - Mili Stance F+1 should be -6. MS 1+3 should be -6. Kartwheel and EX version should be -15. On block, obviously.

?
Man, this is brutal. Wat would she be left with. This would probably make her one of the worst in the game. She has the worst strings for a rushdown char as is.

Anyway this is the suggestions I posted in the other thread for her, copy pasted here.

-The overhead option off of MS should be -12
-DK should lead to roll animation on block so every character can get their max dmg full combo punish. EX Dk should be -3.
-Cw and Ex Cw should be -6 on block.
- 2 should hit mid
-4 should have a greater cancel adv on block

Scorpion

Safe b2 overhead
Pokes not negative (d3)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
He'll no to the safe b2 overhead, better pokes is fine but he gets a full combo out of that move so why let him be safe from it. If you are going to commit to the overhead or low then you should be prepared to take the punish if you guessed wrong. Otherwise to for the safe overhead kick or mixup 11,1,111 pressure. If scorpions pokes are buffed and the top tiers are nerfed he could potentially become A+ tier in my eyes as he could play a safe traditional footsies game but if he's down big he has the best comeback factor in the game IMO.

One does not simply remove Cyrax's resets. In the Net~things~EX Bomb~close bomb~Net reset, the opponent is technically able to block after the second Net, but the Bomb explodes before the opponent can do anything.

By the way: Johnny Cage's nerfs, fuck!
Removing it would work as: not allowing bomb usage for a certain amount of time after a successful string.

Such as Kabal's Buzzsaw cooldown.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Smoke needs his resets patched out of the game. However this will drop him down to being a mid to mid-low tier character. ~15-18th place or so. I'd like to see some minor improvements on his frame data with his offensive tools, but the return of the day one "air throw --> smoke bomb OTG combos" would be welcome, too. Return of smoke bomb OTG would directly translate to being a damage buff in some situations. This will compensate for his lack of damage output in resets... acceptable I guess.
I agree 100%

They should not have touched smoke to begin with. He was fine the way he was. All they did with the patch was make him stronger.

Removing it would work as: not allowing bomb usage for a certain amount of time.

Such as Kabal's Buzzsaw cooldown.
He needs it.
Alrighty then.
I agree 100%

They should not have touched smoke to begin with. He was fine the way he was. All they did with the patch was make him stronger.
-- NetherRealm Studios --​

Tried to nerf Smoke by removing his Smoke Cloud OTG;

Indirectly buffs Smoke to top 10 because of an unintentional reset coming out of the nerf.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Cyber Sub Zero: any of these will be a win.

D4 to 12 frames with +12 on hit
D1 6 frames, +1 on hit
D3 +10 on crouch hit
B22 should combo ice ball
D24 should combo into dive kicks
Ex dive kicks should allow safe jump on hit
better recovery and start up on ice ball
Ice bombs should always freeze
Ice bombs should freeze the feet of the opponent instead pop up animation.
Better recovery on ice bombs.
Allow bombs after ice ball combos
Swap triple ice bomb for sticky bomb - same as Cyrax
Swap teleport animation for MKvsDC subzero teleport (animation already in game, as his tag out)
X-ray to allow follow up combo
B312 should be a pop up string
Change throw to drop the opponent closer, it ends his up close game currently.
Armour on ex-slide - take away side switch, leave hard knock down.