What's new

What all would MK9's last patch include?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
EVO 2013 has made me very hype for MK again... and all of this talk about a patch makes me want it like never before.

(not to mention SF4 being resurrected AGAIN with USF4... not that it needs it....)

I know one of the first things that come to mind is Nightwolf's F3, right? Should obviously be a low and hits high...

Refresh my memory or link me... what all would it have?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
- take away Cyrax resets :eek:
- minimize or take out Kabal's NDC :eek:

these 2 stuff are serious stuff that are broken and not funny while existing in the game .... :mad:

all the rest of sugestions, let's see what people here bring on ..... :D

-- Cyber Sub-Zero --

Priority changes:

Ice Bombs always freeze.
Except when the opponent has already been caught in an Ice Bomb. Currently, CSZ's Ice Bombs only freeze if the opponent is in a state in which he/she is able to block.

Teleport has the same invincibility properties as Cyrax's Teleport.
No reason to have a Teleport very similar to Cyrax's, yet lacking the safety properties of the Yellow Robot.

Close and Far EX Divekicks (Powerkicks) have complete armor on startup.
In a previous patch, Sub-Zero and Reptile's Enhanced Slides gained armor, while Cyber Sub-Zero recieved nothing. "Price of Divekicks" logic is bullshit: they aren't that good. CSZ currently has no armor at all, with the exception of Cool Down (X-Ray).

Optional / Low-priority changes:

Remove rule: Ice Bombs cannot be launched after an Ice Ball freeze.
Doesn't make sense to keep that rule in, when Cyber Sub-Zero can already circumvent it by cancelling into an Ice Bomb from an U+4, on an aerial opponent after an Ice Ball freeze. Cyrax-esque 90% damage resets are not going to occur by removing that rule.

B+3 has faster startup by ten frames (16 startup frames). Little use for it; easily fuzzy-guardable at 26 frames.

Unban Kratos.

- take away Cyrax resets :eek:
- minimize or take out Kabal's NDC :eek:
Cyrax needs it.

Kabal's NDC pressure is what makes him unique.
His EX Nomad Dash should not be cancel-able, however.

Smoke needs his resets patched out of the game. However this will drop him down to being a mid to mid-low tier character. ~15-18th place or so. I'd like to see some minor improvements on his frame data with his offensive tools, but the return of the day one "air throw --> smoke bomb OTG combos" would be welcome, too. Return of smoke bomb OTG would directly translate to being a damage buff in some situations. This will compensate for his lack of damage output in resets... acceptable I guess.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
kabal -
1 - make his f4 knock down instead of leaving them there for a reset.
2 - fireball damage reduced to 6 %

Cyrax - only 2 items on screen at one time. No more 2 bombs and one net on screen at the same time. This will allow people the chance to avoid the resets, but if they get caught in them --> their fault.

Kenshi - remove armor from the spirt charge

Kung Lao - just buffing other characters will help lol

Buffing - clearly give the other 7 characters lacking armor, armor.

In addition

Noob - 1 enhanced shadow should be -16 not -42 on block or anything but -42 WTF???
2 - all shadows do 7% at all times, no more reduced damage

Kano - 1 speed back up the start up frames of up ball (but leave the recovery the same as it is now)
2 - speed back up knife toss

Sindel - 1 normalize damage output to combs starting with b1, 2
2 - make 4 special cancelable again (even if it means reducing the flight cancel + frames to +13-14 instead of +17)

I have more ideas, but I don't think the high tiers should be destroyed just tweaked like I said.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
*smoke,jax,cyrax resets gone.
*kabal & kenshi normalized
*give sindel her armor cartwheel
*tarkatan buffs
mileena neckbite being made -5 on block and ex having less scaling
baraka's b3/f2/2 being sped up by 2 frames and slighty less recovery on whiff on blade spark be at top of my list for both chars.
* 4 more chars (havik being one of them :))
*improve the netcode if possible

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No more negative on hit pokes. Seriously, who at NRS thought this was a good idea? (and I don't just mean Scorp, there's Rain, Mileena, Ermac, CSZ etc.)

Also, shouldn't the focus be towards an Ultimate MK9 (or whatever it'd be called)? Doesn't change the fact that we'd be stuck with the input bug and a barebones training mode.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Nerf:
-Smoke and Cyrax resets
- Armor off of Lao's delayed 1 teleport
- Cooldown on Kabal's IAGB, no longer able to cancel EX dash.
- Kenshi's EX SC is no longer advantage, regular version is more punishable
- Sonya's cartwheel should be more negative.

Buff:
- Ermac EX tele is safe, his pokes aren't disadvantage on hit.
- Sub does more damage
- Kano's knives have less recovery
-Baraka's spin leads to a full combo
-Advantage is given on NW's grab
-Sindel gets armor on her cartwheel
-Shang's skulls are made faster (cancel advantage is adjusted accordingly) and SS bugs are fixed.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Noob- Safe on block for his shadow tackle and slide, maybe a damage buff
Smoke- (should be patched out of the game imho) remove resets, make smoke bomb punishable, nerf his godlike overhead

Those are the only two characters that affect me, Noob is my main, and smoke is my cousins main. There is a special place in hell for smoke mains

EVERYONE IS CRAZY IF THEY AREN'T SAYING BUFF SCORPION'S POKES!!!! :p lol. But i'd like that for scorpion and also make his b2 safe and hellfire plus on hit :). Then i'd play all scorpion happily.
For sub: give him back everything he had before they nerfed him and make his ice puddle useful.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm also noticing that a lot of people are so riled up about Kenshi that they're letting someone who does the exact same thing as him go unnoticed.

This isn't gonna end well lol.

1man3letters

Buff:
- Ermac EX tele is safe, his pokes aren't disadvantage on hit.
- Sub does more damage
- Kano's knives have less recovery
-Baraka's spin leads to a full combo
-Advantage is given on NW's grab
-Sindel gets armor on her cartwheel
-Shang's skulls are made faster (cancel advantage is adjusted accordingly) and SS bugs are fixed.

on ex maybe like his spin was in mk vs dc but that on normal spin i think that would be a bit much even though the character is in need of some buffing, since its 0 on block and can only be punished by neutral ducking the move would be crazy strong.....but then agin 7 frame combo starter,id take that lol

Jade - Be able to hit confirm something other than a single hit into her overhead smash. like her 1,2 string or something.

Noob - I don't know exactly how it should be done, but his portals need to be a part of his zone game a bit more than they are.

gdf

Noob
Kung Lao - just buffing other characters will help lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the rational outlook on Kung Lao.

People don't seem to understand how much Kung Lao actually works for his victory due to online tunnel vision.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
on ex maybe like his spin was in mk vs dc but that on normal spin i think that would be a bit much even though the character is in need of some buffing, since its 0 on block and can only be punished by neutral ducking the move would be crazy strong.....but then agin 7 frame combo starter,id take that lol
lol yea it would have to be more punishable on whiff or block but still, he needs something.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't know, I kinda like the game the way it is, the only things I don't like are the broken shit, like Input bug and meter drain glitch, and random frame advantage, and P1 advantage, and shit ass online.

But if you had to put one thing in as a character balance, then,

Armor on Ex Pretty Kick. :)

1man3letters

lol yea it would have to be more punishable on whiff or block but still, he needs something.

yea true, well still pretty bad on whiff atm but see what you mean.
ah well if/when patch happens ill still be rocking him either way so doesnt matter to much what they do for me anyways but who doesnt like buffs

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Oh something else for Noob imo anytime the opponent gets caught by a portal whether it be normal or EX the opponent should fall through it slowly just like the Ex portal does, thus giving a little more time to combo off