What's new

What all would MK9's last patch include?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Alien Substance I just know you're a big fan of Kratos, so I said jonkingly I'm dissapointed you don't want the new patch to include him in the XBOX version. I knew you wanted him tournament legal, I think. But I do know about exclusive content policies.

Alien Substance I just know you're a big fan of Kratos, so I said jonkingly I'm dissapointed you don't want the new patch to include him in the XBOX version. I knew you wanted him tournament legal, I think. But I do know about exclusive content policies.
Ohhh......okay.
You should know by now that, unless I am joking around, I request for things within the realm of reason and possibility.

We are getting to know each other. Yay!
All of our hopes and dreams because it's never getting patched. :(
Well, that's too bad.

What we can do is to keep supporting the game we love, and continue to level up!

peachyO

Noob
1st: NO ONE gets ANYTHING until my sheeva and sindel get buffed!! and here are those buffs:

sindel:
armor for her EN cartwheel and EN scream.
make her attack 4 cancelable into specials.
normalize her damage off of her b1,2 launcher.
make her 2 attack 8 frames instead of 17, reduce recovery on her fireballs.

sheeva:
increase overall damage from her normals and strings by 2% points, except where noted (i.e. her f3)
attack 1 reduced from 13 frames to 10.
make the last hit of 1b,2,f1 pop up opponents for a juggle so there is actually a point to completing this string.
attack 2 reduced from 12 frames to 9 and given increased range.
b2 reduced from 28 frames to 12.
f3 reduced from 26 frames to 11, increase damage from 5% to 9%.
d4 reduced from 12 frames to 9.
increase telestomp damage to 15%, 19% EN (from 11%, 15%EN), give it priority over NJK, NJP, KL's and baraka's spin, rain's geyser kick, and noob's up clone; either make EN telestomp's final stomp launch opponent into air for a juggle, or give the move armor all the way down.
untamed fury: increase damage to 22%, 28% EN (from 18%, 22% EN), reduce from 25 frames to 21, increase range so it does not whiff on smaller hitbox characters in b&b combos. (212f1 untamed fury, b21+2 untamed fury)
make ground pound cancelable, increase damage from 9%, 16% EN to 12%, 18% EN; armor EN version.

only once these steps have been taken can further patching take place. from that point, the following characters must receive priority attention for buffs:
kano, jade, baraka, stryker

finally, nerfs (minor ones, like the ones that have already been suggested by others previously on this thread) for kabal, kenshi, and sonya. oh, and the elimination of ALL resets, regardless of who they are for. and one last thing: nerf cage's f3 frame trap crap!!!!

that is all.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
LOL at making his D3 6 frames (it's 9 now) being a something "small." Lao has a 7 frame jab and a 6 frame spin. His design does not require a 6 frame D3 that would make that move the fastest D3 in the game with Cyber Sub. Imagine the guessing game on whether you should poke out or not after every 21 on block when he has a 6 frame D3 that would beat all of your moves if he opts to check you with a poke after a block string. Kung Lao doesn't need any buffs. Also, what about his pressure would you consider "gimmicky"? I feel like people just start throwing words around here sometimes...
i just dont like that his pressure is "spin to win" at the moment, spinning should be an option, not the end all be all. And i said 6 frames cuz i thought thats what most people had, but fine, 7 then.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
You are not getting my point though. I am agreeing with you that the resets need to go, but the character needs buffs outside of the fixes is what I am saying. It is easy to point out the obvious and call for a nerf. But it is frustrating when you have played a character for more than 2 years straight, see other obvious issues, and have to sit and here see the community see eliminating resets as the only fix the character needs.
There is nothing wrong with Smoke being middle tier fair characters with Sektor, Liu Kang, Mileena if he ever lose his resets.

He still has a safe Smoke Bomb combo starter that many characters can't punish on block and his gdlk AA standing 2.

I think his only buff needed is armor on EX Teleport so he can't be locked down by Cage; like Mileena needs armor on EX Neckbite.

AntMan

Banned
The only two buffs I would personally love for resetless Smoke are:

1. Make his EX Smoke Away/Toward exactly like Freddy's (invincibility start-up frames, but more recovery toward the end).

2. Last hit of EX Teleport = -3 on block, and leads to untechable hard knockdown on hit.

But I don't think he needs any buffs. Would be nice though. :)