What's new

Strategy Was it good for you? - Mileena general discussion

To create hype and then explain after the tournament. Me and pig will make a in depth tech video explaining it but not post it here on tym, since it's obviously not wanted.

It was just that all of the "OMG i have new tech but gunna show it" threads were stupid. It's not that we don't want it, we just didnt want a thread talking about it without showing it. It's stupid.

I don't know why you are taking this personally.

Is Mileena's 234 a block string? I'm not even sure if those are the write moves, but he did something with 2, and 2 kicks. I would investigate myself but I don't have a ps3 available as of right now.
If anyone can help, I'm more interest in how to rush down with Mileena.

It was just that all of the "OMG i have new tech but gunna show it" threads were stupid. It's not that we don't want it, we just didnt want a thread talking about it without showing it. It's stupid.

I don't know why you are taking this personally.
Ha, no, me and dancock are bitchy to each other, it's normal attitude.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
It's not that we don't want the new tech...
Pig of the Hut actually told me what the complete new tech is, and I have to say...it's all in my guide, and additionally it's not game changing and only works on players inexperienced with the Mileena match up.

DetroitBalln313 was the only player to actually bring new, unspoken of tech to the tournament (at least, unspoken of that I knew about).

There doesn't even need to be a video explaining it, because it's Mileena 101.
But if you guys want to make a Mileena 101 video, I'll certainly add it into my guide and give you credit.

Pig of the Hut actually told me what the complete new tech is, and I have to say...it's all in my guide, and additionally it's not game changing and only works on players inexperienced with the Mileena match up.

DetroitBalln313 was the only player to actually bring new, unspoken of tech to the tournament (at least, unspoken of that I knew about).

But if you guys want to make a Mileena 101 video, I'll certainly add it into my guide and give you credit.
Yeah, we will make a video. the b2 is nice, but thats not it.

it's the 2,3,4 with extreme variations. regardless, 2,3 has a lot of possible variations that up mileenas close game. with low hits and medium hits coming to them as well. We will make an in depth detail on ways to incorporate them. I lol'ed at the mileenas using B2, thinking that was the tech.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
When I fight against Mileenas it feels like she can do whatever she wants since she has so many useful tools.

Would you Mileena players say that her strength is that she can punish really well and can't be punished as hard herself?

Her roll, even though it looks like a blocked teleport can't be punished like one since it has no cooldown time upon landing
Her telekicks are hard for people unversed in the matchup to punish.
Her projectile is one of the best and can be done in the air.

It wasn't until I learned how to properly punish her that I felt like I could have some breathing room

Yeah, we will make a video. the b2 is nice, but thats not it.

it's the 2,3,4 with extreme variations. regardless, 2,3 has a lot of possible variations that up mileenas close game. with low hits and medium hits coming to them as well. We will make an in depth detail on ways to incorporate them. I lol'ed at the mileenas using B2, thinking that was the tech.
I just mentioned if 2,3,4, is good and no one answered >.>

DanCock

Cock Master!!
To create hype and then explain after the tournament. Me and pig will make a in depth tech video explaining it but not post it here , since it's obviously not wanted.
now dont be like that. there were 15 different threads all over the site in each forum mocking and trolling the next one. i used a universal quote for all the ones i merged and closed that night..

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

insert sad face

now dont be like that. there were 15 different threads all over the site in each forum mocking and trolling the next one. i used a universal quote for all the ones i merged and closed that night..
Lol you bought it too -____-

I'm just joking around and being a bitch to you. lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Hey buddy i didnt say that was the complete tech and if i did its because i wanted to focus on my next match and no be hounded about it lol

Mr Mileena and I will explain w video.

B2 is guaranteed only w certain combos

And your guide doesnt contain all the chip strings associated w the tech.

Sit tight, ill post videos w examples when pool videos are posted as well as what mr mil and i come up w .

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I know, I know, I'm supposed to list every single form of 234, 23, 34, 42, 112, F2, F32+1, etc. mention when the best times to go for a grab are to mix the opponent up, etc. etc/etc.
But still not mention the player can duck block punish the EX Telekick, and crouch under 2 for a free uppercut or D4~whatever safe special they have.

My bad for not letting the player do the double duh for me.
Hahaha.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I know, I know, I'm supposed to list every single form of 234, 23, 34, 42, 112, F2, F32+1, etc. mention when the best times to go for a grab are to mix the opponent up, etc. etc/etc.
But still not mention the player can duck block punish the EX Telekick, and crouch under 2 for a free uppercut or D4~whatever safe special they have.

Hahaha.
train your opponent then Yea do me a favor, duck b1 4 ex tele

aj1701

Noob
Her roll, even though it looks like a blocked teleport can't be punished like one since it has no cooldown time upon landing
Her telekicks are hard for people unversed in the matchup to punish.
Kitana can punish blocked rolls with a b2 combo. I've been doing one for 30%, I'm sure the better Kitanas can do more. I need to work on my timing for punishing teleport kicks, but I think unversed people have a hard time punishing anything.

She does have a lot of mix ups and you need to be quick to block them, but I think that if you do in fact block them you can punish at least a little bit. Even a blocked U3 can at least be punished with a 2~cutter by Kitana. So ya, I think her strength is a lot of mixups and tools, but if you're patient and quick enough you can punish everything, and some stuff really hard.

Hahaha.
Who says we wont do 2,3, ex roll? duck blocking = ex roll hit.
Who says we will start it up with 2 next time? what about 3, roll?
youll eat a combo if you crouch.

This has a lot of variables, and stop acting like you are the only person who can find stuff out with Mileena.

Pig and I have worked on this tech WITHOUT reading your guide.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION] That's a shame if I acted that way, and I apologize if I did...but this stuff is already in my guide, and it wasn't even discovered by me to begin with. I was told about it by XXZ, and he didn't tell me he found it specifically either.

If you fight Mileena often, you know to stand block her block strings until she either completes a string without cancelling into a special, or until the first hit of Telekick, then duck block, and see if it was an EX Telekick or not, then punish.
Very simple.
If you cut any of her strings short in order to repeat them, then the opponent has enough time to D1 you out of any normals or special move startups (special moves that weren't cancelled into that is).

She doesn't have a good high/low mixup game IMHO, as it's so easy to fuzzy guard her lows.
Even B3~EX roll ball is simple to fuzzy guard. : (

[MENTION=588]Mr. Mileena[/MENTION] That's a shame if I acted that way, and I apologize if I did...but this stuff is already in my guide, and it wasn't even discovered by me to begin with. I was told about it by XXZ, and he didn't tell me he found it specifically either.

If you fight Mileena often, you know to stand block her block strings until she either completes a string without cancelling into a special, or until the first hit of Telekick, then duck block, and see if it was an EX Telekick or not, then punish.
Very simple.
If you cut any of her strings short in order to repeat them, then the opponent has enough time to D1 you out of any normals or special move startups (special moves that weren't cancelled into that is).

She doesn't have a good high/low mixup game IMHO, as it's so easy to fuzzy guard her lows.
Even B3~EX roll ball is simple to fuzzy guard. : (
It's easier said than done.
I've been doing this since day 3 or 4 of MK9.

It's just being strengthened.

Remember in toms tier list videos.

"Ex tele traps that almost nobody knows about" yeah, me and pig are working on set ups where no matter how you block it, it's a frame trap.
Yes, some options can be punished, but like I said, it's easier said than done. trying to poke after 2,3, is a risk, what if she does a roll(which I wouldn't do), but what if she ends it in 4? you eat the 4, and Mileena is in perfect position for a d+4 due to pushback and minimal stagger.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Tom was full of it when he said that. All EX Telekick traps are shut down as soon as she does the EX telekick, gets duck blocked on the second hit of it, and eats the D1~combo punish.
Unless there's an EX Telekick trap that punishes duck blocking the second hit of EX Telekick...

I don't know why anyone would try to poke out at 23, I mean 234 flows very noticeably, and no one is going to poke unless there's a longer than normal delay, in which case pokes will work.
23 cancels into specials instantly, so they'll be blocked. If you do 234, that will be blocked, and there's enough time to see if the opponent cancels their 4 into a roll or what have you, and if they don't cancel, then poke.

Mileena isn't the toughest cement to crack here.
I'm also certainly not knocking making a video about this stuff, but it is mostly intended for use after an EX telekick, which is extremely easy to stand block the first hit, duck block the second, and D1~Combo punish.

Tom was full of it when he said that. All EX Telekick traps are shut down as soon as she does the EX telekick, gets duck blocked on the second hit of it, and eats the D1~combo punish.
Unless there's an EX Telekick trap that punishes duck blocking the second hit of EX Telekick...

I don't know why anyone would try to poke out at 23, I mean 234 flows very noticeably, and no one is going to poke unless there's a longer than normal delay, in which case pokes will work.
23 cancels into specials instantly, so they'll be blocked. If you do 234, that will be blocked, and there's enough time to see if the opponent cancels their 4 into a roll or what have you, and if they don't cancel, then poke.

Mileena isn't the toughest cement to crack here.
I'm also certainly not knocking making a video about this stuff, but it is mostly intended for use after an EX telekick, which is extremely easy to stand block the first hit, duck block the second, and D1~Combo punish.
k..

You know, it'd be good to note in the video it can also be done after blocked jump kick~air sai.
All the stuff your saying is theory fighting at its finest, what your saying is all completely situational, and would require flawless reads, just accept that they thought of something you overlooked, and the tech must of done something, look where pig finished

Death

Noob
Yeah when i faced Tom Bradys cage last weekend i tried doing the ex telekick traps but he always D+1 combo into a nut punish. I had to resort to a footsie/smart gameplay to win. Im very curious to what mr mil and pig are working on. A solid frame trap is something i need lol.