What's new

Guide - Venomous Venomous General Discussion Thread

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
I still don't understand how to punish with her through. when something has push back and you can't get 212. Do you just f112stab? Or run 11b2, into ender or choice
Punishment depends on the variation.
SQ - f11xxEXdf1 JiP 212xxdb1 f34 b12xxgrab = 41%
Venomous - I just go for the vortex 9/10 times. F11xxDf1 than either f22 or d4

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Optimal punished for venomous.
212 f34 b12 down grab for damage,
212 f34 212xxbd1 for Oki, can be tech
212 f34 212xxdb4 for poison ticks
212 f34 212xxdf1 for stand up
11b2 also works well for a punisher
11b2 f44xxdf1 or
11b2 f44xxdb4

Optimal punished for venomous.
212 f34 b12 down grab for damage,
212 f34 212xxbd1 for Oki, can be tech
212 f34 212xxdb4 for poison ticks
212 f34 212xxdf1 for stand up
11b2 also works well for a punisher
11b2 f44xxdf1 or
11b2 f44xxdb4
Spreading a bit of false info here, optimal punish for venomous for raw damage is

212, F44, F22xxdb4 meterless 32-34%

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I've been looking at the spray. It seems like popular belief that if you let the spray go the full time ,you lose the free mix up. I checked it and you get the same advantage from a full spray.

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
It doesn't seem very unsafe... I find it almost neutral and even more in online.

I think it's far from -10 or -15 as it was said in that thread before.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I have Cassie set to reversal nut punch which is 14 frames and I can't block so its at least -15

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I know it's unsafe on block. I'm talking about on hit. I see dvorah players hitting F22 spray and stopping immediately and going into the mixup, when you can let the spray go the full damage, and the hit advantage actually stays the same.
Oh, yes. On HIT there is no reason to stop. On block it is full combo punishable.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I know it's unsafe on block. I'm talking about on hit. I see dvorah players hitting F22 spray and stopping immediately and going into the mixup, when you can let the spray go the full damage, and the hit advantage actually stays the same.
Oh sorry about that I had thought you guys were talking about block

although on block doing a full spray builds just under a full bar of super, and whetehr you let it drop or hold for full the advantage opponent gains is the same, all in all if they block its worth the hold for the meter build not to mention some people get caught out by the last couple of ticks and thus you gain advantage again

shes such a beast

i love winning with her without going abopve a 5 hit combo, then getting told ur a noob cos you dont do 22 hit combos at mid scren like the salty kung jin u just beat out with pokes and spray XD

looooove it

Loogaroo

Noob
To me there's no reason to stop ever.

People will be learning pretty soon how to punish it even if you trick up the timing. So, if you got it blocked, at least get guaranteed chip damage and meter.

You should only release it soon if they're out of range, which happens quite a lot after a midscreen combo, for example.

That doesnt even work offline. How do you do it? F22 doesnt connect after F44.
No, it does, though it's a bit tight on the timing until you get the feel for it.

And is there an organized list of tech for venomous? There seems to be one for every other character and all variations I've cared to check for. There seems to be a nice list for swarm queen as well. Not for venomous though? Or am I just not seeing it somewhere?

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
No, it does, though it's a bit tight on the timing until you get the feel for it.

And is there an organized list of tech for venomous? There seems to be one for every other character and all variations I've cared to check for. There seems to be a nice list for swarm queen as well. Not for venomous though? Or am I just not seeing it somewhere?
Unfortunately no one cares about this variation... so I guess not.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

What exactly do you want to know?

What exactly do you want to know?
Well before I got into playing her sq variation I thought maybe she had some unique tech, but after putting some time into both, I suppose there really isn't much super unique shit that you would need to do.. Just use the omni as much as possible. I would like to know some legit optomized confirms everyone uses tho. Sq is so brain dead with her easy ass confirms to 30+% with no meter mid screen, I can't just stick with that one variation or I'll get sloppy.
So good confirms?
Or maybe not necessarily high initial percent combos, but ones that will stack some serious poison?

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well before I got into playing her sq variation I thought maybe she had some unique tech, but after putting some time into both, I suppose there really isn't much super unique shit that you would need to do.. Just use the omni as much as possible. I would like to know some legit optomized confirms everyone uses tho. Sq is so brain dead with her easy ass confirms to 30+% with no meter mid screen, I can't just stick with that one variation or I'll get sloppy.
So good confirms?
Or maybe not necessarily high initial percent combos, but ones that will stack some serious poison?
f22 and b1 combos are easy confirms to you?

Jealous AF.