What's new

Guide - Venomous Venomous General Discussion Thread

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Swarm Queen is the queen of pressure and Venomous is for those who love to poke. The damage in SQ is nice, but the bug canceling frame traps, stagger strings, and mixups, are far too good to pass up.

Hey idk if im supposed to post this here i just started using this site but I made a string which with ticks does 40% dmg.

JIP1>212>ExDB1>NJ1>F22>DB4

This is for venomous btw you can check the percentages from the poison but i believe it came out to 39.9%dmg

Last edited:

Tharr

Nyaaaah~
I feel Venomous is a bit too unsafe tbh. Her only safe strings on block do <3% chip. The f2,2,4 is unsafe(and f2,2 even moreso), and she has no mixups(b1 is super unsafe).

Also, I feel the vortex is not really that great, if you go low and get blocked, you get a full punish; unless you poke low then combo high, then yeah sure I guess(note that d4 is not safe vs Lao's Cyclone).

And finally, her best meterless punish is 27% + .3% tics to my knowledge, although you don't really need her meter for much else so that's fair enough.

Oh and as said above, Spray/Burst are both unsafe and you can't cancel much into them.

Despite all those flaws, her footsies game is great, she has good reach on njP and I really enjoy playing her.

qspec

Noob
Yeah, I agree with Tharr... I think.

Is giving up what you get in SQ worth the poison? I don't think it probably is.

I'd be quite curious to know how much damage our poison adds per match or round, because in order for it to equal what you give up in SQ, it will have to deal more damage than SQ is going to get per punish (since SQ also has safety built in whereas Venom doesn't)... and I just don't think it does.

qspec

Noob
Double Post... sorry :(

As much as it pains me to contribute to the nonsense that is MKX's OSs (I really, really hate them), these could be useful since they get us safely (ish) into DB4 which is pure sex for Venomous:

1)
F22 > DB4 > F4

What it does:
F22 > DB4 on hit which gives us our sexy as hell super that is a huge and painful -15.
F224 on block which is a still not amazing -7, but it is less punishable (avoided a lot of mashed specials, but still ate mashed jabs).

You'll have to practice the timing (hint: there's a tiny gap between the last two moves), but as I understand it, the F flushes the DB4 and gives us simply 4 on block (as the input window on hit is sooner than it is on block).

2)
F11 > DB4F

What it does:
F11 on block (-0 frames) and F11 > DB4 on hit.

F11 is a phenomenal neutral tool (fast, covers ground, safe), but there is nothing we can really safely do from it. F112 is -9 and canceling it into a super is unsafe since they are either safe with punishable start-up time (pool) or super unsafe (everything else). The timing can be tight, but I think it is more than doable with lab time.

Malec

Noob
Venomous with bug cancels would be ridiculous if you consider how much chip she does in venomous.
I dont think it would be ridiculous, it just would bring venomous in line with SQ.

I think bug spray should be safe on block, at least her normal non hold version.

Last edited:

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Call me an ass, but bf1 needs to be looked at. As soon as I get one bar I go for f112xxdf1 sure you can punish it, but if you finish the full animation of df1 you're rewarded a bar, so I break the punishment. You decide if chip for a breaker is worth the trade.

Malec

Noob
Call me an ass, but bf1 needs to be looked at. As soon as I get one bar I go for f112xxdf1 sure you can punish it, but if you finish the full animation of df1 you're rewarded a bar, so I break the punishment. You decide if chip for a breaker is worth the trade.
you said it yourself you can punish it and a breaker takes 2 bars, not one, so I dont see a problem there

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Hey D'vorah Venemous players. I'd like to join you. Reading this thread has been helpful and you're really communicating well. Could I Talk to any D mains personally?

IAmSimba

Noob
When i first saw D'vorah, My main variation i wanted to use was in fact Venomous
But Swarm Queen has sooo many different options, its crazy
Idk what i wanna choose yet lol

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Messing around with combos today and since there really isn't a dedicated combo thread (if there is, shoot me), I'll post here:

This is around 45%:

Use 11b2, d1, f44~bug spray for a restand and 20%, or 11b2, d1, f22~db4 for more damage and venom.
Is there a trick to hitting the F22? I can not for the life of me catch it,