What's new

Guide - Venomous Venomous General Discussion Thread

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
It seem s as though they mixed up the data for EX and regular df1. Regular is -20 and EX is +25. Not the other way around.
That would make sense, the EX doesn't do enough extra damage to justify it alone, so the frames are an added bonus. Shit, I didn't actually notice this, that might be a problem.....I planned on labbing it up tonight, I'll play around and see if I can come up with something

Drunken Llama

Some Random
I was able to punish the EX DF1 with Katana's 14 frame F4, but not her 18 frame F2. Assuming the data on those are correct. Either way it isn't + on block. It seems about the same as the normal version.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So was her bug burst(df1) being punishable already known? Because that really killed my hype for this variation. How are you guys getting around this?

@HellblazerHawkman
@RunwayMafia
@proto3296
@CuteTricks
That frame data seems all kinds of fucked. The extended has the same frame data for meter burned and non. I'd say maybe you could extend it if they blocked a string, but who knows if that's even right (says it's +1)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just to make sure I'm not crazy, is her standing reset only in Swarm Queen? Or can we do that off a DB1. I'm kind of a noob still with all dat terminology

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just to make sure I'm not crazy, is her standing reset only in Swarm Queen? Or can we do that off a DB1. I'm kind of a noob still with all dat terminology
That isnt a standing reset, thats a meaty attack that beats non meter burned wakeups. We can do that but we have to use a bar of meter so its a bit risky. On the bright side this is the only variation with a legit standing reset in df1.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Has anyone else noticed that when you throw in venomous variation it also adds small poison damage as well? Giving her more ways to eat away at the opponents health without really doing to much.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So was her bug burst(df1) being punishable already known? Because that really killed my hype for this variation. How are you guys getting around this?

@HellblazerHawkman
@RunwayMafia
@proto3296
@CuteTricks

I think this happens with the frame data on moves that you can extend by holding the button.

I have only been using the bug burst in combos for Restand, or to Kill wake ups in the corner.

It also has decent chip so I will hold it for the full length if I have a good amount of poison ticks built up and I think it will chip them close to death.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Was playing around with some of her strings last night and F42 is a nifty lil string that can help against zoning

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Oh man, this is my variation to go to for just DOT poking overhead/low mixups. It's very nice for a beginner like me where I can rely on very strong footsies and easy combos to get the job done. It just feels good knowing that I'm always doing extra damage with all of my swiping pokes and specials. Fun character!

TheSpore

Oh man, this is my variation to go to for just DOT poking overhead/low mixups. It's very nice for a beginner like me where I can rely on very strong footsies and easy combos to get the job done. It just feels good knowing that I'm always doing extra damage with all of my swiping pokes and specials. Fun character!
Yeh that why I picked her up as well so I can better my spacing and neutral game

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
Was playing around with some of her strings last night and F42 is a nifty lil string that can help against zoning
Yeah, I discovered that move last night. You can combo out of it if you're at the right range. Nothing too fancy, usually just 113 for hard knockdown, 11xxdf1 for standing reset, or even an u2 if your timing is good.

TheSpore

Yeah, I discovered that move last night. You can combo out of it if you're at the right range. Nothing too fancy, usually just 113 for hard knockdown, 11xxdf1 for standing reset, or even an u2 if your timing is good.
I been trying to repeat and get it down, was somehow I managed to link D3, D$, DB4 after the string, the timing is hell but somehow I did it

Malec

Noob
if you could cancel her bug like the other 2 variations, I would totally play venomous. Kinda sad it dosent work :/ Imo this is the only think this variation realy lacks

TheSpore

if you could cancel her bug like the other 2 variations, I would totally play venomous. Kinda sad it dosent work :/ Imo this is the only think this variation realy lacks
I get you its a trade off, for a standing reset and the ability to stop nearly ever wake up options they have

Malec

Noob
is the venom chip damage able to finish someone of, or do you have to land the final blow or last block hit?