What's new

Strategy v1.05 Flash Buffs Discussion

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Zyphox dude d2 looks like it's almost double speed as compared to before the patch...that shit is wild.
By the way, does anybody know if it's possible to do d2 b3 on a standing person? or does it have to be anti air d2?

Zyphox dude d2 looks like it's almost double speed as compared to before the patch...that shit is wild.
By the way, does anybody know if it's possible to do d2 b3 on a standing person? or does it have to be anti air d2?
I think only AA and give you a lot of time, when i tried LK Mb d2 b3 in the corner for a transition almost every time wiffs but not anymore.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Zyphox
I can easily do d2, b3 on a standing person. ;) I practiced a lot the d2, b3 pre patch so now I can tell you I'm not dropping that shit anymore lol.

I'm pretty sure I can do it constantly online. I'll do a video.

So I finally got to try patch out yesterday and play with our new tools. I am almost afraid to say it, but I almost feel over buffed with the foward dash and d2 changes. I really feel commanding with the foward dash, it is fast enough to actually raw dash pressure with. Testing several scenarios for d2 all I can say is it is ridiculous for Flash to have it. It is defininitely faster on both ends, I am wondering if it maybe plus now that the recovery is sped up. I was literally pressing d2 4 times in a row in supermans face just to mess around with it and it was actually hard to punish. I really hadn't noticed what has changed about RMS though. Needless to say I am very happy with the changes.

-side I can't free jump a few characters, but that was just out of laziness anyways.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thank god RMS finally ducks under projectiles! That shit annoyed me so bad. lol

Also, Zyphox ... add me on either PSN: SgtReed24 or XBL: Sgt Reed 24 ... flash is my main, but I'm still very newbish with him... need to see some good strategy haha. Right now, I'm pretty much all d1d2 and fishing for F21 DF1 lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So I finally got to try patch out yesterday and play with our new tools. I am almost afraid to say it, but I almost feel over buffed with the foward dash and d2 changes. I really feel commanding with the foward dash, it is fast enough to actually raw dash pressure with. Testing several scenarios for d2 all I can say is it is ridiculous for Flash to have it. It is defininitely faster on both ends, I am wondering if it maybe plus now that the recovery is sped up. I was literally pressing d2 4 times in a row in supermans face just to mess around with it and it was actually hard to punish. I really hadn't noticed what has changed about RMS though. Needless to say I am very happy with the changes.

-side I can't free jump a few characters, but that was just out of laziness anyways.

Before the RMS buff... if you went into RMS when the opponent threw a projectile, you were hit out of it. Now if you go into RMS when they throw a projectile (as long as you don't start running forward), it's basically like you're neutral ducking and you avoid the projectile.

I thought that was always the case? You can ask anyone I play against, RMS always ducked projectiles in Neutral position.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I thought that was always the case? You can ask anyone I play against, RMS always ducked projectiles in Neutral position.
there have always been some random high projectiles that it didn't crouch under. I think Sinestro's fear blast and Harley Quinn's pistol both could hit it, although maybe only at certain ranges due to weird, inconsistent hitboxes. Now they all go over.

ok great, so it is more consistent. Does it effectively clear Sinestros mb fear blast now? or only at mid distance still.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
so i'm pretty sure that d2 is about +3 on block now. It has almost no recovery. Flash can do repeated d2s faster than repeated d1s. It's not pre-patch nightwing staff d1 or wonderwoman sword d1, but it's not far off, either. Also, it gives a 29% meterless combo on hit, or like 42% meterless with trait instead of 2%.

I bet Flash d2 will be nerfed in the next patch...

i'm new to the game, so can anyone tell me how to properly anti-air with d2? i seem to be getting stuffed a lot, especially by batman j2 and deathstroke j3. people are saying it's a viable anti-air now, but i just don't see it, so perhaps i'm doing something wrong.

Xenrail

Noob
i'm new to the game, so can anyone tell me how to properly anti-air with d2? i seem to be getting stuffed a lot, especially by batman j2 and deathstroke j3. people are saying it's a viable anti-air now, but i just don't see it, so perhaps i'm doing something wrong.
timing and spacing

i guess i'll keep practicing it. it seems the only time i can AA deathstroke with j2 is when he jumps just into my sweep distance with a j3. when should i be aa-ing batman's j2? i can't seem to get a grasp on how my hurtbox behaves with d2

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I think you kind of want batman to be jumping onto your feet while they're in the air. The start up for d2 is pretty fast, so you have to kind of try to stick it out when he is coming d0wn on you. As long as Flash's feet are in the air, you should at least trade with batman, which will stagger you a bit, and pop him way up in the air.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
If you're not confident in Uppercutting jump ins just dash forward past them. It's 10 times easier now

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What do the spoiled brats in this forum want in the next patch? Full screen charge? Aerial charge? Safe charge?

NRS is spoon feeding you fools buffs in every patch, so you may as well request some more.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
What do the spoiled brats in this forum want in the next patch? Full screen charge? Aerial charge? Safe charge?

NRS is spoon feeding you fools buffs in every patch, so you may as well request some more.
Dave don't be a baby.

And yes, safe charge is cool with me. And unblockable super. Armor on sonic pound. Armor on all his normals. Double his advantage on block for all his strings. Have Flash start with an extra life bar. Trait last the entire match. Infinite super meter. 200% damage.

PROBLEM? :cool: