What's new

Strategy v1.05 Flash Buffs Discussion

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Zyphox LEGEND AYSAMO Xenrail
What this means is that................ its harder to keep the flash out.
I've been practicing a trick, blocking peoples projectiles, following up with RMS, run cancel into B22 footsie range.

Against ares this was a tough task. Now, i can just simply duck him.
This will be huge especially a forward dash buff.

Flash already is a grounded character, has no need to jump yes????
we just got an anti air. This is a super buff!! If his D2 is good. You guys should already know it.. This buff is literally insane and is a big as hell thing even though its a universal buff know that this should not affect flashes game play because a good flash will barely jump!!!!
RISE!!!
#FlashTop5

Agreed they just buffed a sick character which is ok since I main him and because he is supposed to be OP in DC universe anyways.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The RMS isn't a low hitbox already ? I mean, they have to talk about the RMS + forward because if not it won't change shit unless I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that flash's strings supposed to be mid instead of high is not a mistake from the Flash moves but from the data. I guess this is the way they wanted Flash to be.

Eddy Wang main the flash you sun of the beach ! He now has a red dash buff ! :D

About the d2 buff, I guess the patch will give it better priority but Flash will still get his diagonal weird hitbox. However, his d2 also make Flash's hitbox smaller so this is 50/50.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
although I can't think of which ones they are now, there are definitely some high projectiles while hit flash while he is in neutral RMS. Even if you can't run under them still, it's definitely better to be able to running man crouch under them and then run forward during recovery and stop than it is to just duck and then try to walk/dash.

I really hope the improved dash speed is a faster recovery.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The RMS isn't a low hitbox already ? I mean, they have to talk about the RMS + forward because if not it won't change shit unless I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that flash's strings supposed to be mid instead of high is not a mistake from the Flash moves but from the data. I guess this is the way they wanted Flash to be.

Eddy Wang main the flash you sun of the beach ! He now has a red dash buff ! :D

About the d2 buff, I guess the patch will give it better priority but Flash will still get his diagonal weird hitbox. However, his d2 also make Flash's hitbox smaller so this is 50/50.
I didn't main Skarlet because of red dash (though she being red also helped) I did because her meta game overall allowed very intelligent setups.

I main flash, besides of not be posting around much, and i'm eager to see how this buffs will benefit his game from this point on. And you guys will finally see me posting more and researching further for him.

i feel like buffing rms wasn't really necessary if they're giving him a forward dash buff. the flash can easily get in on characters by just dashing, walking, and blocking. what he really needed was a backdash buff, because the recovery on that is atrocious and unnecessary.

hecta

Noob
I guess the d2 changes are universal but I'm testing Flash' right now, and it's really good
combined with his low profile while d2. Also even if Flash trades with the jumping attack, the enemy still gets ejected into the air high enough to combo.

While I welcome this change, which should have been there from day 1, this changes the game drastically in my opinion.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
yeah, this dash is really, really fast now, and it basically seems to have almost no recovery. Too bad the fastest man alive is only the fastest man alive when he is moving forward...

Yeah but that forward dash is crazy.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Really gonna hate the fact that everyone is going to want to pick him up now

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
This dash buff has screwed up my timing for sonic pound trait combos -______-
I felt like my timing was off too, but then again, I hadn't played the game in like a week. Honestly, I would think that it'd make them easier in the long run, since you're going to have more time to do the first lightning kick after the dash.

Can anybody comment on what actually changed about d2? Is the hitbox bigger? does it have more active frames? are Flash's legs protected from air attacks?

BCE

Noob
flash d2 is now awesome, flash dash is something almost broken *.* his RMS activation moment is now how it was suposed to be, but his F21 still is high and his LC + MB still is high in the MB hit, come on NRS, you are almost there to make flash a perfect char

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
flash d2 is now awesome, flash dash is something almost broken *.* his RMS activation moment is now how it was suposed to be, but his F21 still is high and his LC + MB still is high in the MB hit, come on NRS, you are almost there to make flash a perfect char
all you need it f2LK it being interruptable doesn't matter you should always be going for damage especially when you get 50+% everytime you land a combo. I see too many flashes to d1d2 then in b22 or something just go for the damage take your 61% into a hard knockdown. LC needed someone weakness i suppose or you could just spam it all day to get in

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I feel like the dash buff is really significant for Flash, since once he gets a knock down it's going to be very hard for anybody to get away from him. I haven't tested, but I would guess that after blocking really laggy projectiles (like black adam lightning or black magic, or sinestro boulder), flash might be able to dash twice and basically be standing right next to them for nearly full screen, rather than spending meter on MB lightning charge to try and punish.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
its is not spam all day because it needs meter and flash can create meter easely
I mean if MB LC wasn't punishable it would be almost as bad as scorps old tele, you could just randoly throw it out for no reason and be +3 meter in this game builds ridiculously fast too so it would be dumb. I feel it should only be used to check backdashes and to punish projectiles or whiffs but with this dash buff you might not need it for backdashes

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
honestly, I don't think it'd be too much to ask if MB lightning charge was always +3 on block. Superman still has f23 breath for free, and is still at neutral after it, and it builds meter for him.

Sure, Flash has 50/50s up close, but he can't get anything off of his +3 except for d1d2 (which is only +1 and pushes back and everybody who's IQ is above room temperature should know not to mash against Flash when he is at plus frames after MB charge anyway). I don't even think that d1d2 is guaranteed after MB lightning charge, since i'm pretty sure it can still be backdashed away from. I realize that you could read the backdash and punish it, but still. You just spent a meter (which for Flash is not easy to get) just so you could try and make a read.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
honestly, I don't think it'd be too much to ask if MB lightning charge was always +3 on block. Superman still has f23 breath for free, and is still at neutral after it, and it builds meter for him.

Sure, Flash has 50/50s up close, but he can't get anything off of his +3 except for d1d2 (which is only +1 and pushes back and everybody who's IQ is above room temperature should know not to mash against Flash when he is at plus frames after MB charge anyway). I don't even think that d1d2 is guaranteed after MB lightning charge, since i'm pretty sure it can still be backdashed away from. I realize that you could read the backdash and punish it, but still. You just spent a meter (which for Flash is not easy to get) just so you could try and make a read.
True that's why i don;t think it should be used that much just for the +3. If they know they can;t mash the d1 string you can just go into f2 and after this buff if they try to backdash and you read it you get a full combo

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
True that's why i don;t think it should be used that much just for the +3. If they know they can;t mash the d1 string you can just go into f2 and after this buff if they try to backdash and you read it you get a full combo
the +3 is basically meaningless, aside from the fact that it keeps people with 6f d1s from stopping our pressure immediately. It basically just forces them to respect our 7f low, which like you said, lets us go to f2 afterward instead.

For what it's worth, I use it against people who do dumb things like try to walk away from Flash from around mid screen, just so I can get the nearly 4% chip damage and be right next to them again, so long as I have the meter to spare.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Flash is godlike now.

He will get some dirt like knockdown, dash, f3 or d1d2 resets juste like GL. His ground pound MB combos without trait are now viable, even online (42%).

And as said before, 2 dashes and you cross fullscreen x)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the +3 is basically meaningless, aside from the fact that it keeps people with 6f d1s from stopping our pressure immediately. It basically just forces them to respect our 7f low, which like you said, lets us go to f2 afterward instead.

For what it's worth, I use it against people who do dumb things like try to walk away from Flash from around mid screen, just so I can get the nearly 4% chip damage and be right next to them again, so long as I have the meter to spare.

+3 is not meaningless.

it means that flash is in 50/50 town

poke? 60%
backdash? 60%

guess wrong and they poke = theyre at adv
guess wrong and they backdash = backing themselves in a corner.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Has anyone tried his uppercut yet it's like 7-8 frames now lol and the hitbox decent
I was able to anti air Ares' j2 with it a few times. It still says 12f in the menus, but I think it used to be 14, so either way, it's still faster. Flash has to get hit really deep to get knocked out of it. I pretty much always managed to at least trade.