What's new

Strategy v1.05 Flash Buffs Discussion

Xenrail

Noob
The Flash
  • The speed of The Flash’s Forward Dash has been increased.
  • Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position.
Rejoice flash players. Flash has received some small changes. RMS now seems like a more viable tool to deal with zoners and flash's forward dash has been brought up to speed!
Discuss

LEGEND

YES!
We'll really have to wait and see what this means. Could be a minimal difference or it could be huge

Redk9

Noob
His walkspeed is good enough, no need for an increased forward dash speed. They still didn't address the biggest problem which are his broken "mids"

Xenrail

Noob
For one, the particulars weren't very explicit.

+Though Flash's running man stance will now possess the crouching property upon activation, it does not include the "running" phase.
+The negligence in the hidden recovery delay in Flash's backdash still makes him slower in comparison to other character backdashes.

Xenrail

Noob
Considering what they did to Bane's, it will most likely be huge.
Let's hope so. Nearly everyone else in the cast had a better forward dash

His walkspeed is good enough, no need for an increased forward dash speed. They still didn't address the biggest problem which are his broken "mids"
Walkspeed =/= Dash. Flash has speed dodge with enough recovery frames to keep him in place while opposing zoners could be charging up a new projectile -- it didn't really deter them from using it (aside from interactables). A buff to Flash's dash will help with his pressure and alleviate some zoning pressure (if still timed right, so this isn't a braindead change). I'd be happy just to see his f21 mid fixed at this point really

Xenrail

Noob
Will his dash recover faster or will he just move during the dash faster...
patch notes are very vague. It's worded exactly the same way Bane's is, so whatever they did to bane they're going to apply the same lines of code to Flash most likely.

since character specific dash frame data isn't included in the menu, we'll just have to eyeball it.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
patch notes are very vague. It's worded exactly the same way Bane's is, so whatever they did to bane they're going to apply the same lines of code to Flash most likely.
If he had aquamans dash recovery or green arrows he will be alot better

EGGXI

Scary Bat
For one, the particulars weren't very explicit.

+Though Flash's running man stance will now possess the crouching property upon activation, it does not include the "running" phase.
+The negligence in the hidden recovery delay in Flash's backdash still makes him slower in comparison to other character backdashes.
I think having the running phase as 'duck' would be OP against most zoners. I mean I would love it if that was the case, but it might be a bit too good...

Xenrail

Noob
I think having the running phase as 'duck' would be OP against most zoners. I mean I would love it if that was the case, but it might be a bit too good...
you're joking right? lol. in the scenario that you're not i will explain.

All this does is places flash in a "crouching" position to where he needs more lines of input to get out of. (ff, bb cancel). If the crouching property was added to the run then i might see where you're coming from.

So instead of just pressing down to "crouch." Flash has an option to dd2, to where he's in a vulnerable state (no auto block) and still gets hit by mids WITH only one result -- to run right into you.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
This is awesome, minor or not as it may seem, i'm glad NRS is giving Flash more attention. This character already rapes when in the right hands, especially after our lightning charge buff that some of you still think wasn't a big deal. The crouch state of running man stance may be gimmicky, but it's still cool. I'm liking the forward dash thing, can't wait to play around with it. This might be awesome considering Flash can forward dash UNDER certain projectiles. So Flash coming at you even FASTER now is pretty killer.

Xenrail

Noob
This is awesome, minor or not as it may seem, i'm glad NRS is giving Flash more attention. This character already rapes when in the right hands, especially after our lightning charge buff that some of you still think wasn't a big deal. The crouch state of running man stance may be gimmicky, but it's still cool. I'm liking the forward dash thing, can't wait to play around with it. This might be awesome considering Flash can forward dash UNDER certain projectiles. So Flash coming at you even FASTER now is pretty killer.
the buff to his forward dash is the most significant change here. It's gonna help him a lot with people trying to gain distance to play their spam game

EGGXI

Scary Bat
If the crouching property was added to the run then i might see where you're coming from.
That's what I meant, should have been clearer, the ability to get in/move forward all while remaining low is what I was getting at, but agree about the rest of it... it's not an extreme game-changer as is.

Xenrail

Noob
I also want to point out that every character's d2 is getting an improvement (as listed in general gameplay fixes). There is word going around that every character will now have a reliable anti air. Since we haven't been able to test out these d2 changes and see what actually changed (hit advantage, hit box, startup etc) it is all conjecture, but have hope -- Flash might finally have a real answer to the ridiculous jump spam.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I don't see the RMS change being useful at all. To my understanding is it instead of being hit by mids and low attacks that now you can only behit by lows? Like maybe shazam's projectile would whiff now?

The dash is nice but there are still holes in other places when characters like black Adam is still a powerhouse. Superman as well.

Everyone's putting huge hope into the D2 buff. As am I.

Xenrail

Noob
I don't see the RMS change being useful at all. To my understanding is it instead of being hit by mids and low attacks that now you can only behit by lows? Like maybe shazam's projectile would whiff now?

The dash is nice but there are still holes in other places when characters like black Adam is still a powerhouse. Superman as well.

Everyone's putting huge hope into the D2 buff. As am I.
It can avoid highs. Mids and low will hit all stages of a running man stance

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
It can avoid highs. Mids and low will hit all stages of a running man stance

Ah so never mind. Then what exactly changed because it sounds just like the current one.

By the way how can you be sure it won't avoid mids? Mids don't work in multiple ways like high mids and low mids right? Because if not, I believe flash should be able to avoid deathstroke's gunshot spam.

And if that's the case then best believe that RMS cancels are going to rock. Being able to 0F (instant, there's nothing in the game faster) cancel into a crouch that avoids higher attacks could mean taking advantage of huge holes in combos. This also means that the frame advantage from RMS could also prove useful.

But then again it might not work like this at all and we might as well forget about it because I'm just dreaming, of course!