What's new

USA vs Canada vs UK Fatal 8 Results! ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro League Season 3 Finals

Why are you even fighting over this lol?

Great tournament great experience, it was about time I did something at Esl :p

All the players here are good company too
Hey hey lol if I see condescending illogical statements of any kind, I have to say SOMETHING haha. Anyways great job at esl man, atleast most of us here can acknowledge a great player when we see one. You are going to Evo right?

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
He used Alien against Dragon...
I can see just how desperately hard you're trying to defend him, it's cute.
Yeah my bad. I watched CB and Reo's cast back to back so i got my facts mixed, but my point still stands. Anyone with good knowledge can see the difference in his performances between CB and ESL. Clearly there was a huge drop in CB that he didn't even make top 3, So what happened? Off day? maybe. Lost his skills? His record says otherwise. Got out played? possible. Sandbagged because there is vastly superior tournament finals upcoming? More likely.

Hell, just go watch his match with Stabs when he takes his hat off, you think he's not taking it seriously?
If he didn't care about CB, then he wouldn't have went. Now stop being a moron.
If you're sandbagging you need to sell it. Everyone knows that sonic's spec ops cassy destroys any imposter player (same as his kitana did to all lao players before) so why do you think he picked gunslinger? cuz he wanted to win or wanted to struggle? =)

My problem with your post is that you're downplaying Foxy's accomplishment, as if we live in some cartoon world where the only thing that matters is the championship. Combo Breaker was a huge deal with a 10k pot bonus. It's not as big as the ESL, but Sonic didn't not try. Good players beat good players.
NA tournament with a local title and 10K pot money VS World wide tournament with 200K prize money and world's champion title. surely you can do the math. Am not down playing foxy, y'all foxy fanboys are downplaying sonicfox. None of you is even addressing my point.

Yes, Foxy is the lord of cheese. Yeah kudos to him for making it that far with b12 b12 b12 run grab on block and a single 35% combo on a hit confirm. Yeah gr8 m8 super skillzzz, sooo fun to watch.
Problem is..It's difficult trying to expose Foxy without tarnishing the good and better players who lost to him Like Scar, Hayatai and Dragon but it has to be said.

You will always find a foxy grampa in the FGC or TCG or what have you , that one guy who instead of working hard to gain skill he works hard to exploit the game for something that will give everyone fundamental issues and stick to it until they balance the game or he gets out played.

Logically speaking, if you are only approaching with one exploit and it's working 90% of the time then how can you improve? How can you even come close to sonicfox's level? Jesus Christ i can't believe there were actually people setting there and wondering who would win that grand finals.

Even Foxy didn't expect he'd make it that far and hes actually happy that he did, why wouldn't he? easy money, good for him really. But let's get real here, He is no were near sonicfox's level. That is all i've been trying to say and all i got in response is irrelevant crap. He got 2 matches on sonic when he started playing more aggressive, made remarkable hard reads, you know, like a real FGC player, but it didn't take long before he retreated back to his comfort zone and the rest was an easy win for sonicfox.

how to be free forever on tym with these simple steps:

1. call foxy a loser and fool

2. saying nobody cares about majors and money

3. getting mad because your "facts" get outweighted by everyone

4. calling all these people emotional since you realize there is no way anyone will take you serious anymore

5.???

6. profit
1. He is
2. Money was irrelevant in your shitty argument and still is, ESL > CB. both facts.
3. When?
4. Argument absent facts and logic = pure emotion.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah my bad. I watched CB and Reo's cast back to back so i got my facts mixed, but my point still stands. Anyone with good knowledge can see the difference in his performances between CB and ESL. Clearly there was a huge drop in CB that he didn't even make top 3, So what happened? Off day? maybe. Lost his skills? His record says otherwise. Got out played? possible. Sandbagged because there is vastly superior tournament finals upcoming? More likely.

If you're sandbagging you need to sell it. Everyone knows that sonic's spec ops cassy destroys any imposter player (same as his kitana did to all lao players before) so why do you think he picked gunslinger? cuz he wanted to win or wanted to struggle? =)

NA tournament with a local title and 10K pot money VS World wide tournament with 200K prize money and world's champion title. surely you can do the math. Am not down playing foxy, y'all foxy fanboys are downplaying sonicfox. None of you is even addressing my point.

Yes, Foxy is the lord of cheese. Yeah kudos to him for making it that far with b12 b12 b12 run grab on block and a single 35% combo on a hit confirm. Yeah gr8 m8 super skillzzz, sooo fun to watch.
Problem is..It's difficult trying to expose Foxy without tarnishing the good and better players who lost to him Like Scar, Hayatai and Dragon but it has to be said.

You will always find a foxy grampa in the FGC or TCG or what have you , that one guy who instead of working hard to gain skill he works hard to exploit the game for something that will give everyone fundamental issues and stick to it until they balance the game or he gets out played.

Logically speaking, if you are only approaching with one exploit and it's working 90% of the time then how can you improve? How can you even come close to sonicfox's level? Jesus Christ i can't believe there were actually people setting there and wondering who would win that grand finals.

Even Foxy didn't expect he'd make it that far and hes actually happy that he did, why wouldn't he? easy money, good for him really. But let's get real here, He is no were near sonicfox's level. That is all i've been trying to say and all i got in response is irrelevant crap. He got 2 matches on sonic when he started playing more aggressive, made remarkable hard reads, you know, like a real FGC player, but it didn't take long before he retreated back to his comfort zone and the rest was an easy win for sonicfox.

1. He is
2. Money was irrelevant in your shitty argument and still is, ESL > CB. both facts.
3. When?
Excellent shit post.
Greatly uninformed, would read again. :)

Darth-Nero

I think when you reach the point when even foxy calls your post shitty and uninformed you should probably just stop.
He wouldn't respond to a shit post, He's in damage control. If you'd take a moment off of his dick you'd reach that simple conclusion on your own.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Hey hey lol if I see condescending illogical statements of any kind, I have to say SOMETHING haha. Anyways great job at esl man, atleast most of us here can acknowledge a great player when we see one. You are going to Evo right?
Well of course he is, trip sponsored by dreamhack

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Surely you wouldn't elaborate on anything, you wouldn't risk an escalation to a FT10 with sonicfox for when am proven right. :)
Are you implying that we don't ever play?
You're just fanboying/hating, it's whatever, you can be that way if you want, but implying that there is this insurmountable skill gap between the 2 of us is just retarded.

You're trying to cause drama over nothing, it's just kinda sad to live that vicariously, and at the same time be so hostile just for the sake of it.

But it's whatever, I'm $45k richer for being 'second rate'. Ayyyyyy!

But yeah, it definitely is shit posting, no good debate to be had, nothing to gain.

And to everybody not being a dick, thank you for the support, I tried :p

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
You're just fanboying/hating, it's whatever, you can be that way if you want, but implying that there is this insurmountable skill gap between the 2 of us is just (soap bar in my mouth).

You're trying to cause drama over nothing, it's just kinda sad to live that vicariously, and at the same time be so hostile just for the sake of it.

But it's whatever, I'm $45k richer for being 'second rate'. Ayyyyyy

Are you going to CEO?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

1. He is
3. When?
Not trying to suck Foxy's dick here, but implying he doesn't make some amazing reads and doesn't play extremely well overall is hogwash. You can watch back his matches and see exactly what he's trying to do. During the finals, he seemed to catch Sonicfox off-guard somewhat often with how random he sometimes was (Sonic getting a taste of his own medicine). That randomness in itself was some yomi layer stuff, with Foxy knowing that Sonic would press buttons after he would block B12, with Foxy doing B12~roll accordingly.

DDutchguy

So top 8 was:
2 Alien
1 Mileena
1 Kano
1 Sub-Zero
2 Takeda
1 Sonya
Seems pretty MKX to me lol
I mean it's a tournament, of course people will use top tiers. Although I only watch MKX competitively, I can't imagine other fighting games being very different.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
@Darth-Nero - I'm sorry, your ignorance is just too much for me. It's clear that you won't see things from any perspective other than your biased one, so this is a waste of time.

hisoka

Noob
@Darth-Nero u made a joke out of yourself right now! Whilst you talk nonsense here somebody got 45k a payed trip to the usa got to hang out with friends over seas and just have a good time.
But its so funny how protect sonic where he would be the first dude to tell you to shut up and the last guy on this earth to play a set with you. Whilst foxy plays everyone. I guess i cant talk to you on a same level so let me tune it down for you.
I get it you is 12 years old and you had your first erection by lookig at the janitors tits. You gonna have to deal with two things now in your life. 1st u are probably gay and into janitors 2nd ur parents must be siblings.

Darth-Nero

You're just fanboying/hating, it's whatever, you can be that way if you want, but implying that there is this insurmountable skill gap between the 2 of us is just (soap bar in my mouth).

But it's whatever, I'm $45k richer for being 'second rate'. Ayyyyyy!

But yeah, it definitely is shit posting, no good debate to be had, nothing to gain.

No am implying that you are a coward who knows exactly that what am saying is true but you wont admit it. When was the last time you defeated SonicFox in a tournament? If you are as close as you claim to his skill level things would be going back and forth right? He even mopped you in that Reo podcast post CB and he wasn’t even trying, And all you got is “muh foight monay” argument Now who’s shit posting?

Oh now you don’t like Drama,huh? You made a whole stink about DragonFire being broken even though only one player was doing work with him, Then claimed Mileena is fine cuz you’re the only one doing work with her. You clamed Alien is braindead and his players doesn’t need skill to win (we all know whom you meant by that) and said pretty much the same thing about CT Kano players all because you’re a pacifist who doesn’t like drama,huh? Sure thing Jimbo ;)

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, But when you compare yourself to sonicfox just remember your history of failures against him.

Not trying to suck Foxy's dick here, but implying he doesn't make some amazing reads and doesn't play extremely well overall is hogwash. You can watch back his matches and see exactly what he's trying to do. During the finals, he seemed to catch Sonicfox off-guard somewhat often with how random he sometimes was (Sonic getting a taste of his own medicine). That randomness in itself was some yomi layer stuff, with Foxy knowing that Sonic would press buttons after he would block B12, with Foxy doing B12~roll accordingly.
I know you’re not Ddutch, And I acknowledged what Foxy did (Which wasn’t randomness btw, read the last paragraph on my post you quoted) But if Foxy stepped out of Mileena and Sonic out of Alien, the magnitude of the skill gap will be much less subtle.

DDutchguy

No am implying that you are a coward who knows exactly that what am saying is true but you wont admit it. When was the last time you defeated SonicFox in a tournament? If you are as close as you claim to his skill level things would be going back and forth right? He even mopped you in that Reo podcast post CB and he wasn’t even trying, And all you got is “muh foight monay” argument Now who’s shit posting?

Oh now you don’t like Drama,huh? You made a whole stink about DragonFire being broken even though only one player was doing work with him, Then claimed Mileena is fine cuz you’re the only one doing work with her. You clamed Alien is braindead and his players doesn’t need skill to win (we all know whom you meant by that) and said pretty much the same thing about CT Kano players all because you’re a pacifist who doesn’t like drama,huh? Sure thing Jimbo ;)

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, But when you compare yourself to sonicfox just remember your history of failures against him.

I know you’re not Ddutch, And I acknowledged what Foxy did (Which wasn’t randomness btw, read the last paragraph on my post you quoted) But if Foxy stepped out of Mileena and Sonic out of Alien, the magnitude of the skill gap will be much less subtle.
Must've missed that part, sorry.

You seem to really have some beef with Foxy. The dude has proven how good he is by making it to the #2 spot in ESL season 3, mopping EU ESL season 2 and 3 and giving practically every major player a hard time. I won't be talking about this much more, but Foxy is most definitely at Sonic's level. He hasn't proven this by beating Sonic often, but by beating everyone else often.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If it made sense and was practical for you, I'd gladly let you stay at my place while at this event but of course I live in Pa (18-20 hr drive from Orlando), so it's not... lol. I just think it's awesome how involved you are/have become in the US competitive scene.

Lol, I guess when you use direct quotes to prove someone wrong, they don't respond. Anyways, ceo/Evo should be really interesting. The way esl finals went, it seems like everyone is gonna be ready to play against alien even more so

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Come to CEO and money match my Kung Lao for $1000? :)

If I'm so bad you should have no problem accepting. I haven't played him in months :)

Last edited: