What's new

Upgraded. Most. Broken. Character. For all MK11. History. Delete her. Please. NRS. Please

Jacqui is by far the Most overrated Character in MK11. No mixups, punishable on just about everything, Slow recovery times, Low damage. She's worse than what she was in MKX and she was Mid tier at best in MKX. I don't see how people think she'e even remotely viable

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Aawty (Erron Black) is fighting Jueks (Jacqui) on stream right now and applying a variety of anti-aerial attacks and strategies. The score is even at 9:9 at this moment. There is also a series of Sonic Fox (Joker) fighting Deoxy's (Jacqui) and doing very well. The series is on Sonic Fox's YouTube channel.

Nobody is denying Jacqui's various strengths and advantages, but it appears to me that players who are actively searching for answers to the problem instead of creating hyperbolic and over-dramatic threads about deleting the character from the game are the ones who are succeeding.
Biohazard also beat 3 Jacqui's on stream a week ago (2-3 variations including Upgraded). People are crying so much that they're missing the MU information being given right in front of them.

I honestly hope upgraded Jacqui gets hakai'ed in the next patch. I dislike upgraded unga bunga playstyle and whether she's balanced or not she needs to go.

P.S: If you're getting mopped on a daily now, you'll continue to do so after a potential Jacqui nerf. The one who were tier whoring her are going to switch to the next top tier and you're going to have to keep crying until MK12 comes out. Cheers

It is astonishing to me that even a game, that was supposed to be a game.....was swallowed by competitiveness, that, you can't criticize a flaw of the game because you sound like a "loser". This is a fucking game holy shit. I swear man....how many tournaments the "git gud" people in this thread won?

This rule you apply to life. Life is unfair and fucking crazy....not a game that you bought...holy fuck. They can change it!
The char is bullshit.....simple as that....why on hell justify that with "git gud go to training mode"....

Gojira Prime

Zoner Green Lantern for Injustice 3.
Aawty (Erron Black) is fighting Jueks (Jacqui) on stream right now and applying a variety of anti-aerial attacks and strategies. The score is even at 9:9 at this moment. There is also a series of Sonic Fox (Joker) fighting Deoxy's (Jacqui) and doing very well. The series is on Sonic Fox's YouTube channel.

Nobody is denying Jacqui's various strengths and advantages, but it appears to me that players who are actively searching for answers to the problem instead of creating hyperbolic and over-dramatic threads about deleting the character from the game are the ones who are succeeding.
Meh why spend hours labing how to fighting it when I can spend 20 minutes learning how to do it. But I will never play a boring stale ass character like her.

“Balanced” or not, the variation is dumb. Ridiculous pressure, 5 way mix up, completely breaks neutral. How can you give a character who’s weakness is vulnerability to zoning, a move where they jump full screen and negate all zoning and spacing whatsoever. Upgraded doesn’t belong in a game like this. No other character has this kind of unchallenged movement and risk/reward ratio. Idk about deleting the whole variation but it needs to be toned down. JC was never this bad and ppl cried over him, wonder why I don’t see the same

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It is astonishing to me that even a game, that was supposed to be a game.....was swallowed by competitiveness, that, you can't criticize a flaw of the game because you sound like a "loser". This is a fucking game holy shit. I swear man....how many tournaments the "git gud" people in this thread won?
Nobody in this thread has called or implied that anyone is a "loser". The suggestion is to learn the match up by testing and playing instead of complaining.

As far as criticism is concerned, this game receives nothing but criticism. You are more than welcome to criticize the game in one of Cherny's ten threads that he has created and the four more that he will create next week.

Meh why spend hours labing how to fighting it when I can spend 20 minutes learning how to do it. But I will never play a boring stale ass character like her.
You do not need to play Jacqui to beat Jacqui. I provided evidence of players with similar skill levels (i.e., Jueks vs. Aawty and Sonic Fox vs. Deoxys) going even with each other.

The community is going through another phase. First Liu Kang, then Johnny Cage, and now Jacqui. NRS will "normalize" something by a couple of frames for the sake of damage control and the community will move on to complain about another top tier character.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
The only stupid characters in the game are Outtake Johnny, Geras and probably Liu Kang (hope nobody nerfs him). Jaqui’s fine the way she is. Git gud.
Sorry mack, this is the literally one time where throwing Cage into the mix doesn't automatically divert attention.
Upgraded is brokeasf, Outtake is just top tier.

The community is going through another phase. First Liu Kang, then Johnny Cage, and now Jacqui. NRS will "normalize" something by a couple of frames for the sake of damage control and the community will move on to complain about another top tier character.
The difference between Johnny, Liu and Jacqui is that Liu and a Johnny were obnoxious in their own way and played their game a little too well. Jacqui on the other hand is oppressive to almost every member of the cast and can’t truly be stopped from enforcing her game plan which HAS to be respected. No zoning, no movement, no nothing because Jacqui is flying at you from half screen

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The difference between Johnny, Liu and Jacqui is that Liu and a Johnny were obnoxious in their own way and played their game a little too well. Jacqui on the other hand is oppressive to almost every member of the cast and can’t truly be stopped from enforcing her game plan which HAS to be respected. No zoning, no movement, no nothing because Jacqui is flying at you from half screen
#1 She can be stopped, as is evidenced in literally every tournament stream since Upgraded was released.

And #2 movement is still critically important, as if you're only jumping in predictably then better players will blow you up for it. Not only is Bionic Bounce anti-airable, but the Air Blast Cancel is also unsafe if you just block it. So there are two points where you're able to punish. As evidenced by Biohazard and pretty much everybody else who's played against Jueks, Rio or Deoxys in tournament in the last couple months.

Thus the better Upgraded players pick their moments carefully. But they are still being blown up by people who know the MU.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Completely agree. For this reason among many others I can't take MK 11 seriously as I'd like. How the hell do you keep this broken bitch as she is but don't buff characters like Raiden, Skarlet etc? I don't know one person on here who genuinely enjoys playing against upgraded tbh. I doubt they will nerf her though because she's "Jacqui". Also, to the dude who said "she's the most overrated"? ha...more like overpowered.

In which major Mortal Kombat 11 tournament did six or seven of the top 8 use Upgraded Jacqui?
The question should be: How many low / mid tiers beat upgraded Jaqui?

When you talk about high level players, they already filtered the BS in the game, and they are counter acting the BS with another BS, equal or even more BS.

Man, with all my respect (I heard you talking in some podcasts and I really respect you), I see this all the time: You making confuse statements blending good players and the game.

The thing is....I really would like to goto the lab to improve my combos, my set ups, and practice footsies and learn some matchups. I really detest going there to check and confirm that the D2 CB that I received in the face after Frosts dive bomb was because that shit is safe. How....the heck....a shit like that is.....safe. Who thought that?

[
#1 She can be stopped, as is evidenced in literally every tournament stream since Upgraded was released.

And #2 movement is still critically important, as if you're only jumping in predictably then better players will blow you up for it. Not only is Bionic Bounce anti-airable, but the Air Blast Cancel is also unsafe if you just block it. So there are two points where you're able to punish. As evidenced by Biohazard and pretty much everybody else who's played against Jueks, Rio or Deoxys in tournament in the last couple months.

Thus the better Upgraded players pick their moments carefully. But they are still being blown up by people who know the MU.
Its obviously not unbeatable but it’s still too strong. There’s only one way to counter play it and it’s not FUN. 5 way mix off a low crushing 9f mid. You’re on defense the whole time. If quick fireballs on Johnny and a mid string on Geras needs a nerf then so does Jacqui. I’m actually surprised ppl are defending that nonsense. No matter how good your neutral is, no matter how good your spacing is. If u can’t AA those shrapnel blasts consistently then you lose that MU. And it shouldn’t be that way

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
[

Its obviously not unbeatable but it’s still too strong. There’s only one way to counter play it and it’s not FUN. 5 way mix off a low crushing 9f mid. You’re on defense the whole time. If quick fireballs on Johnny and a mid string on Geras needs a nerf then so does Jacqui. I’m actually surprised ppl are defending that nonsense. No matter how good your neutral is, no matter how good your spacing is. If u can’t AA those shrapnel blasts consistently then you lose that MU. And it shouldn’t be that way
That's because they love MK 11 and don't care about the flaws in the game so they see nothing wrong with it or those people use those characters and want them to remain busted or op. We saw the same thing with Scorpion players after the teleport nerf claiming "he sucks" after that. God forbid anyone uses a more honest character in this game.