What's new

Upgraded. Most. Broken. Character. For all MK11. History. Delete her. Please. NRS. Please

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Its obviously not unbeatable but it’s still too strong. There’s only one way to counter play it and it’s not FUN. 5 way mix off a low crushing 9f mid.
There's no "low crush" mechanic in MK11. Either your poke has the frames to hit, or the attack you're poking against goes active first and hits you.

And the mix is unsafe, which is the point. If you simply block after f31, oh/low is really the only mixup, with the low not being a combo starter.

I don't mind people not liking the character, but let's at least be accurate in the descriptions we make.

There's no "low crush" mechanic in MK11. Either your poke has the frames to hit, or the attack you're poking against goes active first and hits you.

And the mix is unsafe, which is the point. If you simply block after f31, oh/low is really the only mixup, with the low not being a combo starter.

I don't mind people not liking the character, but let's at least be accurate in the descriptions we make.
What about the rest of what I said? Only one way to counter play, on defense the whole time, 5 way mix is still 5 way mix even if one of the options are unsafe. What other character has 5 way mix? What losing MU does this character have? Jacqui can enforce her game plan from anywhere on the screen and the only way to challenge is to weather the storm and find an opening once there is a break in the offense. This sounds okay to you lol? Ppl had their pitchforks ready when it came to Outtake and this shit is way worse no matter how you spin it. “Git gud” is always an option but damn, why does this have to be such an uphill battle. Why do you NEED to extensively lap this character in order to have a chance at winning. That’s not good character design, nerf this bitch

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The question should be: How many low / mid tiers beat upgraded Jaqui?
How many low or mid tier characters beat top tier characters in fighting games in general? Not that I am familiar with Jacqui's match up chart, but very few, I would presume.

As Crimson Shadow has already pointed out, BioHazard defeated a couple of the best Jacqui players in an online tournament a couple of weeks ago, and Kano is universally regarded as a mid tier character. To paraphrase BioHazard's Tweet, if you put in the work and effort, you can win.

By the way, Jueks has just lost 20:5 to Dragon's Cetrion on stream with the "most broken Mortal Kombat 11 character in history that needs to be deleted".

There are two people in this forum - those who play the game and provide constructive feedback and those who do nothing but criticize the game, which includes making baseless assertions that are not based on reality. So unfortunately while I appreciate your respect, you belong in the latter category.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.

This isn't entirely true. There's no actual low crush mechanic, but hit and hurt boxes being tailored to the model allow for some wonky situations where the animation can cause a low poke to whiff and get punished.

In the case of Jacqui's f3, the way she kicks changes the shape of her lower hurt box, which can cause some attacks to whiff. Mostly pokes or sweeps from max distance that don't have a high enough hurtbox to impact her leg, and aren't spaced or ranged enough to hit her back leg. It's a once in a blue moon situation that doesn't seem like a problem until it happens to you. And even then, weird overneath stuff happens, just gotta deal with it.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Jacqui is fine. You need to level up. People play her because she's fun not because she's broken. At least she requires execution. People like to complain instead of labbing. She doesn't even have a projectile.
It's pretty obvious and safe to say she could be toned down some, when literally everyone has issues fighting against that variation of Jacqui.
Also she has a projectile in every variation, they just don't reach full screen.

Thingy

Retired account
I’m not understanding why it’s such a point of contention to say that Jacqui is overpowered.
I think some of it comes from the despair and exaggeration from those who feel she is overpowered. I am on board with nerfing her, but there are a lot of people being overly dramatic about her.

One thing I will say, I really hate the example of using dudes who literally play Mortal Kombat as much as someone works a full time job. Not everyone has that much time, effort, patience and even talent to reach the level of top players. Dragon, Sonic, Biohazard, etc...they are not the average player. Of course they can develop strategies and react to things the average player can not. A good Jacqui does not hit the same against Dragon as it would be for me, who only plays every few days for an hour or two.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
I’d rather they try to raise up the lower tiers than this game of whack-a-mole we’re playing with the top tiers so far. But if Kang and Geras had to get their mid strings adjusted... I don’t see how Jacqui has gotten away with keeping her 9f safe adv mid -2ob stagger hit confirmable leads to massive dmg really really fucking good string.

But she’s not remotely the most broken character ever. You ever get hit by a 80+% bnb before? MK9 players have.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Biohazard also beat 3 Jacqui's on stream a week ago (2-3 variations including Upgraded). People are crying so much that they're missing the MU information being given right in front of them.
This is such a poor argument and I hate when people do shit like this

I’m in no way saying jacqui is broken or whatever the case may be, but the fact that Bio beat some jacqui players doesn’t automatically mean she’s not broken

Kabal was broken af in MK9 and he was beaten plenty of times
Same case with MMH in I1
Tanya and Alien
Deadshot

Those characters were prime examples of top tier/broken and yet they’ve still been beaten at high-level play. So if Jacqui is busted, that doesn’t mean she’s unbeatable. It just showed that Bio outplayed them

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

I’m in no way saying jacqui is broken or whatever the case may be, but the fact that Bio beat some jacqui players doesn’t automatically mean she’s not broken

Same case with MMH in I1
Tanya and Alien
Deadshot

Those characters were prime examples of top tier/broken and yet they’ve still been beaten at high-level play. So if Jacqui is busted, that doesn’t mean she’s unbeatable. It just showed that Bio outplayed them
I'm curious if there's more to relate by comparison here like for example yes Kabal was no doubt #1 but there were characters that completely shut down others in 8-2, 9-1 or worse MUs like Kenshi, Cage, Sonya, Lao. Jacqui may not be #1 but perhaps some of the frustration is because she shares this quality with some of the characters i mentioned (or forgot to mention )

What do you think? I know you LOVED fighting the Kenshi MU as much as all Kitana mains did :p

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

Same case with MMH in I1
Tanya and Alien
Deadshot

I think what you're not getting is that Dave and I aren't just speaking to tiers; we're talking about people who literally don't know the matchup, and are crying before even learning it.

I have no problem with someone who knows the matchup well discussing why it's easy or hard.

I said this in the other thread, but if you didn't actually know how to fight MK9 Kabal -- meaning that if you didn't understand how NDC pressure works, or how to get through zoning -- you have no right to assess how bad you think a MU is just because you heard he was impossible to beat. Learn the MU first, and then you have a platform to complain.

So specifically with Upgraded, I'm seeing people who don't know how to contest/punish Bounce and Air Blast Cancel complain that it's virtually unblockable and the character should be completely removed from the game. Meanwhile people who are actually taking the time to learn how Upgraded works are beating the best representatives of that variation repeatedly.

So the point is, if you're going to cry bloody murder about a MU, at least learn how to play it first. And if people are countering it successfully, learn from that, and then use that to assess how strong the character really is.

If you can't agree with that, I don't know what to say.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think what you're not getting is that Dave and I aren't just speaking to tiers; we're talking about people who literally don't know the matchup, and are crying before even learning it.

I have no problem with someone who knows the matchup well discussing why it's easy or hard.

I said this in the other thread, but if you didn't actually know how to fight MK9 Kabal -- meaning that if you didn't understand how NDC pressure works, or how to get through zoning -- you have no right to assess how bad you think a MU is just because you heard he was impossible to beat. Learn the MU first, and then you have a platform to complain.

So specifically with Upgraded, I'm seeing people don't know how to contest/punish Bounce and Air Blast Cancel complain that it's virtually unblockable and the character should be completely removed from the game. Meanwhile people who are actually taking the time to learn how Upgraded works are beating the best representatives of that variation repeatedly.

So the point is, if you're going to cry bloody murder about a MU, at least learn how to play it first. And if people are countering it successfully, learn from that, and then use that to assess how strong the character really is.

If you can't agree with that, I don't know what to say.
and im sure jueks or whatever + those 2-3 jacquis knew the cetrion/kano matchup respectively.

FYI, jacqui is extremely stupid and definitely the best char

source: have grinded the matchup since day 2 of the v3 patch, when noone in the US had any clue of how dumb she was.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
and im sure jueks or whatever + those 2-3 jacquis knew the cetrion/kano matchup respectively.

FYI, jacqui is extremely stupid and definitely the best char

source: have grinded the matchup since day 2 of the v3 patch, when noone in the US had any clue of how dumb she was.
Cetrion and Kano mains clearly aren't the only ones who can deal with the MU.

But if Biohazard, for example, wants to complain, he has a platform to do it since he clearly knows the MU. That's my point. Win or lose, he's playing it for what it's supposed to be. That goes for anyone else beating Upgraded players.

Who beat Jueks last week? He didn't make Top 8.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

Same case with MMH in I1
Tanya and Alien
Deadshot

Jaqui isn’t even remotely close to being that broken

Wigy

There it is...

how is there no low crushing in mk11.

There most definitely is moves that crush lows, its dependent on the hitboxes etc of each one but that statement isnt true.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3

I thought the Hop attacks Crush low attacks?
This isn't a smart-ass comment I'm generally curious about this

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I thought the Hop attacks Crush low attacks?
This isn't a smart-ass comment I'm generally curious about this
He's talking about a mid, not a hop that literally jumps over the lows and raises the character's entire model/hurtbox out of that area.

'Crush' in fighting games usually describes something that would normally be vunerable to a hitbox from a particular attack, but either doesn't have a hurtbox where it normally would, or is specifically flagged to have priority over certain attacks.

DeftMonk

Noob
If you’re ok to play with a guy in Russia using wifi then be my guest, otherwise shut it. This whole community knows exactly how shitty you know this game. You’re worse than LTG to be honest.
I’m in China bro I’ll play you.
Like khaotik said, just because at the highest lvl some pro beat the char does not mean shes balanced. I just saw a tournament in Pakistan where some gigas beat a leroy(pre nerf). For those of you that don’t play tekken, gigas is ass tier and Leroy was extremely busted.

I don’t believe jacqui is broke, but if you think she is a great example of balance then you might want to consider why do you not hear people saying ,”x char isn’t broke bro just go lab it out scrub” about anyone else? Stupid people were saying the same shit about Leroy (obviously jacqui isn’t that busted but imo she could use being toned down).

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’m in China bro I’ll play you.
Like khaotik said, just because at the highest lvl some pro beat the char does not mean shes balanced. I just saw a tournament in Pakistan where some gigas beat a leroy(pre nerf). For those of you that don’t play tekken, gigas is ass tier and Leroy was extremely busted.

I don’t believe jacqui is broke, but if you think she is a great example of balance then you might want to consider why do you not hear people saying ,”x char isn’t broke bro just go lab it out scrub” about anyone else? Stupid people were saying the same shit about Leroy (obviously jacqui isn’t that busted but imo she could use being toned down).
If you don’t think that she’s busted then why the hell would you text that lol. We’re talking about NRS who doesn’t know the definition of the word “balance”. No way in hell was Leroy balanced and I saw that tourney as well on MMN’s channel, to be honest that Leroy wasn’t that great or didn’t know the match up.