What's new

Video/Tutorial [UPDATED w/ PART 2] REO and Tom Brady respond to the "overreacting to Deathstroke"

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Are you crazy? DS fucks up superman. Superman wouldn't be able to get off the ground once DS players actually instant air gun.
True. But Superman can counter this with air dashes canceled to heat vision and d3's and easily close the distance between him and DS. And once he is in, he ll stay in. Dmg out put is on Superman's favor, now that DS has been nerfed. DS's zoning is good, but not that good.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
as condescending as they are being, i completely agree with them. Instead of trying to find ways around these things, people cry for nerfs before even learning the game. It is a really unattractive attitude for people trying to get into the game because it gives them another reason to say "NRS is at it again!" with out any of these OP claims even being verified through time and tournament results. I played the game for an hour yesterday for the first time and ran across a few deathstrokes online and you know what i did? i walked and ducked under shots till i got mid range, there i punish him with what i please, and this is with luthor and cyborg.

LEARN it first then COMPLAIN

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
God i love you for posting his video, Im just a guy but....I want your baby!!.

But seriously this is a prime example of people that do not know their options available to them and not knowing what their character has to offer them.

f%#k off you people who want instant gratification. LEARN.YOUR.SHIT
EVERYONE knows lex charge punishes point blank range

That's not the issue thus the video is pointless

Noob
Just as a heads up. I got a chance to watch REO and Dark Rob testing some stuff yesterday with Deathstroke vs. Lex

First, forgive me, I do no know all the move names yet...

The results? Lex was able to dash between both crazy spam zoning and well timed zoning. It took approximately 2 dashes to get in far enough from full screen to punish DS with Lex's charge move setting up the J3 ambiguous crossup. After 3 full repetitions with this I could say with certainty that DS's zoning, EVEN AT FULL SCREEN, was not a problem for a Lex player WHO USES HIS BRAIN and blocks/dashes correctly.

Next was the sword flip move. I've seen multiple times that it's safe on block... NOPE! Maybe online, but offline Lex was able to full combo punish this move EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

coolwhip

Noob
as condescending as they are being, i completely agree with them. Instead of trying to find ways around these things, people cry for nerfs before even learning the game. It is a really unattractive attitude for people trying to get into the game because it gives them another reason to say "NRS is at it again!" with out any of these OP claims even being verified through time and tournament results. I played the game for an hour yesterday for the first time and ran across a few deathstrokes online and you know what i did? i walked and ducked under shots till i got mid range, there i punish him with what i please, and this is with luthor and cyborg.

LEARN it first then COMPLAIN
I agree with all of this, and would have been completely fine with the video if they mentioned this and left it at that. But they picked one character, and showed how to punish Deathstroke with one move from a certain distance that isn't even full screen, and acted like it's supposed to mean something.

Pig Of The Hut

Tom Brady REO Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. You two are some of the only top players looking at this game the way it should be looked at...a week one game. I thank you for the video and the knowledge you have bestowed upon us.
What exactly did they show?

At sweep range a 6f punisher works?

This is not the DS issue

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I agree with all of this, and would have been completely fine with the video if they mentioned this and left it at that. But they picked one character, and showed how to punish Deathstroke with one move from a certain distance that isn't even full screen, and acted like it's supposed to mean something.
ah i understand where you're coming from with this then. Ill be uploading my findings on TYM over the next few weeks. Deathstroke will be broken down.

Pig Of The Hut

Just as a heads up. I got a chance to watch REO and Dark Rob testing some stuff yesterday with Deathstroke vs. Lex

First, forgive me, I do no know all the move names yet...

The results? Lex was able to dash between both crazy spam zoning and well timed zoning. It took approximately 2 dashes to get in far enough from full screen to punish DS with Lex's charge move setting up the J3 ambiguous crossup. After 3 full repetitions with this I could say with certainty that DS's zoning, EVEN AT FULL SCREEN, was not a problem for a Lex player WHO USES HIS BRAIN and blocks/dashes correctly.

Next was the sword flip move. I've seen multiple times that it's safe on block... NOPE! Maybe online, but offline Lex was able to full combo punish this move EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
"Uses his brain"

I swear u guys are all turning into some condescending fucks

I hope said players never lose to a DS

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The point is that IS punishable. Did you honestly expect them to make a video and show every character and go through every special move to see if it punishes? Come on, how be we do some lab work of our own for once. This goes to everyone, stop relying on everyone else to find the answers for you and go find them yourself. You know that something can be done about this now, so figure out what it is that you specifically can do and do it.

Pig Of The Hut

Wasn't Lex Luthor supposed to not be able to do anything at all against DS? No matter where at? The point of the video wasn't to hold your hand and take you through what you need to do step by step. It was to show you that there are answers, so find them.
Everyone knows a bf2 punishes it , so no that's not the issue

It was walk speed/dash ratio compared to zoning recovery of instant air guns at head level

No one said a damn thing about "I can't punish guns at point blank range w a 6f starter"

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

It was walk speed/dash ratio compared to zoning recovery of instant air guns at head level

No one said a damn thing about "I can't punish guns at point blank range w a 6f starter"
So then YOU hit the lab and find out what does it. I don't see where any of you people are coming from on this. Deathstroke is clearly punishable, so punish him.

Pig Of The Hut

So then YOU hit the lab and find out what does it. I don't see where any of you people are coming from on this. Deathstroke is clearly punishable, so punish him.
Think you're missing the point but whatever

Clearly u make DS free

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm fine

Just sick of this condescending bullshit from known players, top players and etc

Just more fuel for the fire
I'm not trying to condescend man, and if it comes off that way I apologize. But I really think you are just being a real prisoner of the moment about DS. Nothing more, nothing less. It's still week 1 man, we need to push through this and see what we can find out before we go jumping to conclusions about anything. If six months from now Deathstroke is still at tournaments fucking people up with just gunshots and spinny sword thingys then I will gladly say I was wrong and that maybe then there needs to be something done about it. I just haven't really seen enough to say, "OMG BRING ME MY NERF BAT!"

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

You REALLY shouldnt cry about deathstroke, look at Cyborg. Like I said before, Deathstroke is a fish compared to Cyborg for zoning.

Also, even online I dont see Deathstroke being anywhere near as bad as what you're saying, spinny sword thing is full combo punishable, gunshots require careful movement to get around, not the MK style rambo your way in and give no fucks style of movement. Think Tom Brady Sub Zero style movement, careful.

This isn't MK.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
and armor and the little orbs that shoot projectiles. people not thinking about their options and too worried about the other guys options
Lex and Green Arrow DON'T have options versus a SKILLED Cablestroke. I don't mean to online games, much less the scrubs. I'm talking about fights at a high level. The GA' player need to pray to some intergalactic deity descend from the space and make the DS player make some mistakes or bad reads, just so he has a chance.

funny part?

REO and Tom can body everyone that is posting in this thread right now.
Yeah, they can. And can also come here with a totally pointless video and go as the discoverers of the land. Seriously, I respect them both as players, but this video is a total disrespect to the community.

I have no trouble against him using my mains [Aquaman and Catwoman], but many people here have and this video doesn't show anything.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Deathstroke really isn't a problem. I mean if you can make a read (which I suppose most of us should considering this is a forum tailored around tournament play) then you can get in. Guns are incredibly unsafe on whiff, and that gives you enough time to close a chunk of distance. If we make 1 or 2 more, he(deathstroke) has either backed himself into a corner, or is moving up to anticipate a jump in or dash in. From there it is any man's game

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Yeah, they can. And can also come here with a totally pointless video and go as the discoverers of the land. Seriously, I respect them both as players, but this video is a total disrespect to the community.

I have no trouble against him using my mains [Aquaman and Catwoman], but many people here have and this video doesn't show anything.
They get something that most of the community doesn't...it's not their fault. How are they being disrespectful? When they have been proven to be right most of the time.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Deathstroke really isn't a problem. I mean if you can make a read (which I suppose most of us should considering this is a forum tailored around tournament play) then you can get in. Guns are incredibly unsafe on whiff, and that gives you enough time to close a chunk of distance. If we make 1 or 2 more, he(deathstroke) has either backed himself into a corner, or is moving up to anticipate a jump in or dash in. From there it is any man's game
Deathstroke can backdash after any guns as you try to gain space it takes. Yes, a backdash distance is smaller than a forward dash, but still significant. And when you get close he uses a homing move. It isn't so easy to fight against him like they are trying to make it look, all the guys talk as if only scrubs uses him.

Crathen

Death is my business
Deathstroke can backdash after any guns as you try to gain space it takes. Yes, a backdash distance is smaller than a forward dash, but still significant. And when you get close he uses a homing move. It isn't so easy to fight against him like they are trying to make it look, all the guys talk as if only scrubs uses him.
You want to add that backdashes also have more recovery frames while a good part of forward dashes have faster recovery #justsayin'