What's new

UPDATE: Kombat Kast #8 — Friday April 12, 3:00 PM CST — D’Vorah, Kitana, and Cetrion

SubZeroIce

Runway
Spawn(high probability), Rain(high probability), Mileena(high probability) and (Insert Horror film protagonist Here).

The sheer number of requests for Rain and Mileena on Twitter means tons of $.
Spawn has millions of die hard fans and it's safe to say we are getting him, on top of that they are making spawn MK toys right now.
Any horror film protagonist would net WB/NRS millions in purchases from fans and those following popular treads. It's worth noting that there are several movies coming out during MK11 namely IT 2, Terminator and several others which would match up with MK11s timeline.
They don't do DLC repeats, Rain is not in.

Spawn should be in though.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Spawn(high probability), Rain(high probability), Mileena(high probability) and (Insert Horror film protagonist Here).

The sheer number of requests for Rain and Mileena on Twitter means tons of $.
Spawn has millions of die hard fans and it's safe to say we are getting him, on top of that they are making spawn MK toys right now.
Any horror film protagonist would net WB/NRS millions in purchases from fans and those following popular treads. It's worth noting that there are several movies coming out during MK11 namely IT 2, Terminator and several others which would match up with MK11s timeline.
I see.
I don't really care about guests because I won't probably install them. Rain and Mileena are good options. I hope they confirm Shinnok tho.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Do you have a direct quote of NRS saying this? I can't find credible source. But I personally think they will do whatever gets them the most money.
There is no actual source on this. Ed Boon said re: MKX that he wouldn't repeat Rain as DLC because he had just been DLC in the previous game. But the idea that there are no repeats ever isn't something they've ever said.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I see.
I don't really care about guests because I won't probably install them. Rain and Mileena are good options. I hope they confirm Shinnok tho.
I don't care about guests either. I did like Predator and would love Spawn but other than that I have no interest in guests. I'm not against them either, just indifferent.
But I would absolutely buy them no matter because I'm going to lab up the matchups and test them out to find broke shit that needs balanced.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
D'Vorah, Cetrion, and Kitana? Well that's... at least Kitana gives a reason to watch it.

Was really hoping for Shao Kahn this week. Makes sense that they'd save the pre-order bonus for the week before to try to advertise pre-ordering again just before the game drops.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
D'Vorah, Cetrion, and Kitana? Well that's... at least Kitana gives a reason to watch it.

Was really hoping for Shao Kahn this week. Makes sense that they'd save the pre-order bonus for the week before to try to advertise pre-ordering again just before the game drops.
There would be [internet] riots if they showed off a DLC character before showing the full base roster.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
If Frost ends up being unlockable for the surprise factor like CSZ (keep in mind that in the scenes we've seen her in in trailers, she's pretty much wearing a drape to obscure her identity), then obviously they wouldn't reveal her/show her in the kombat kast. In that case, players who pre-order'd have Shao Kahn before her, whether or not he's DLC.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Do you have a direct quote of NRS saying this? I can't find credible source. But I personally think they will do whatever gets them the most money.
I know someone who's worked on the game and they said that there's no repeats and that's an NRS rule or whatever. Another unconfirmed rule is that they don't put Base roster from previous game as DLC, as Ed Boon has mentioned considering doing a Fighter Pack 0.

Time will tell. I wouldn't be opposed to them repeating DLC down the line but not repeating 8 MK characters isn't the most trying task. MK12 will probably have some repeats.

LawAbidingCitizen

I know someone who's worked on the game and they said that there's no repeats and that's an NRS rule or whatever. Another unconfirmed rule is that they don't put Base roster from previous game as DLC, as Ed Boon has mentioned considering doing a Fighter Pack 0.

Time will tell. I wouldn't be opposed to them repeating DLC down the line but not repeating 8 MK characters isn't the most trying task. MK12 will probably have some repeats.
Why would someone keep a rule because it's a rule even if it lost them millions?

I only hope to see Frost bald, they already fucked up skarlet with that horrible hair for unfounded complaints from kids who doesnt like short hair women.

I can see in the new frost the "cyber macabre doll" archetype, idk how to call it, but im sure that i see enough characters with those characteristics to call it an archetype.
Examples i can figurize right now only two: - Dark Necrofear and Nebula from marvel.
I prefer a demi-cyborg than a full cyborg, and i prefer she bald than a ridiculous ice hair than imo looked so bad in both MKA and MKX.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Since they have to breakdown the already announced chars, they have two weeks to do so. This week for the 3 of them, and next week BEFORE launch the rest. I bet the unannounced one is Frost.

I only hope to see Frost bald, they already fucked up skarlet with that horrible hair for unfounded complaints from kids who doesnt like short hair women.

I can see in the new frost the "cyber macabre doll" archetype, idk how to call it, but im sure that i see enough characters with those characteristics to call it an archetype.
Examples i can figurize right now only two: - Dark Necrofear and Nebula from marvel.
I prefer a demi-cyborg than a full cyborg, and i prefer she bald than a ridiculous ice hair than imo looked so bad in both MKA and MKX.
Your hope is in vain. I hope they make her short-haired. I don't mind them, as long as they're sexy and cute. Not fancying seeing them bald.

LawAbidingCitizen

I hope to see both hair styles in customization. That way everyone can make the charachter fit thier style.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
so cybers ninjas don't count? did we forget that smoke was a whole DLC character and rain got peanuts?
Human Smoke / Enenra was not a DLC character. Triborg was and Triborg had Smoke's moves. They aren't the same character and definitely not the same personality.

Rain can keep collecting peanuts for all I care.

We don't need that bubble blowin' baby.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Call me krazy, but after Boon's last few tweets I honestly think Rain is in the game. He tries so hard to make it seem like he didn't make it that I think he actually made it lol.

Either way, I already have a few potential mains and this game already has me hyped beyond what I thought possible and its only 13 days away!
He did the same in MKX, dont hold your breath.