What's new

UPDATE: Kombat Kast #8 — Friday April 12, 3:00 PM CST — D’Vorah, Kitana, and Cetrion

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
we really dont have dagger or axe thrower in the game and i think she can fit that mold.
Sub-Zero has axes and daggers. (His axe is literally his gear piece and he has a move where he shoots daggers) They absolutely can not have her doing the same shit as Sub-Zero. People will flip.

I'm hearing Frost will have missiles. But idk if that's true or not.

I'm also gonna assume she'll have a traditional ground freeze (think Sub has a ground freeze, but it's not the usual one he does.) and probably the clone since Sub doesn't have one I don't think. Since they're making her a cyborg they could do whatever with her tbh. As long as she's different than Sub-Zero idc.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Sub-Zero has axes and daggers. (His axe is literally his gear piece and he has a move where he shoots daggers) They absolutely can not have her doing the same shit as Sub-Zero. People will flip.

I'm hearing Frost will have missiles. But idk if that's true or not.

I'm also gonna assume she'll have a traditional ground freeze (think Sub has a ground freeze, but it's not the usual one he does.) and probably the clone since Sub doesn't have one I don't think. Since they're making her a cyborg they could do whatever with her tbh. As long as she's different than Sub-Zero idc.
oh yea... That makes sense too..

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It's a female Kombat Kast next so I expect Frost, D'Vorah, Kitana.

But I can always hope for Mileena as the curve ball.

Can we talk about Erron Blacks poison vial toss which was explained as "Reptiles Acid" on stream? I know some will automatically dismiss Reptile since it's one of Erron Blacks moves. But let's remember that they did similar things like modifiers in mkx and we still got those characters.

xXRagingFlameXx

But let's remember that they did similar things like modifiers in mkx and we still got those characters.
I mean, there's a difference between a modifier and a character straight up using another character's tool lol.

"Hey, Kitana's using Jade's staff. But, let's not dismiss Jade!"

Nah Reptile's out. If they just said 'Acid' then, maybe. But they specifically said Reptile's Acid and Erron tosses that shit on the ground just like Reptile would. Not only that, but Erron uses it in his fatality. Reptile's def not in.

Lokheit

Noob
I mean, there's a difference between a modifier and a character straight up using another character's tool lol.

"Hey, Kitana's using Jade's staff. But, let's not dismiss Jade!"

Nah Reptile's out. If they just said 'Acid' then, maybe. But they specifically said Reptile's Acid and Erron tosses that shit on the ground just like Reptile would. Not only that, but Erron uses it in his fatality. Reptile's def not in.
I mean it could be acid from outworldian reptiles, not Reptile the zaterran character.

LawAbidingCitizen

Erron tosses that shit on the ground just like Reptile would.
What MK are you referring to? I remember a vomit one but nothing to do with a vial being tossed?

I'm hoping Reptile is in, I don't think it's likely but I don't think that was anything near a deconfirmation. But opinions are like assholes and everyone has one.

Cetrion will still be shown on a Kombat Kast, regardless of Gameinformer's breakdown. Hooray for redundancies, yeah.
Guessing Dvorah, Cetrion and Kitana for next week. Frost I assume they will not reveal before launch or will be in the last week alongside Shao Kahn. Hopefully the whole Kombat Pack 1 lineup is announced (just their 3D models, of course) sometime around then as well because I'm still not sold on the premium paybump.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
i feel like frost will be meant as a surprise character in game since she's not been promo'd at all, the only time we've seen her In-game was story where she was robed and you couldn't actually tell it was her
But... Isn’t that the case with every character before they’re revealed...?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Cetrion will still be shown on a Kombat Kast, regardless of Gameinformer's breakdown. Hooray for redundancies, yeah.
Guessing Dvorah, Cetrion and Kitana for next week. Frost I assume they will not reveal before launch or will be in the last week alongside Shao Kahn. Hopefully the whole Kombat Pack 1 lineup is announced (just their 3D models, of course) sometime around then as well because I'm still not sold on the premium paybump.
Hmmmmm interesting..... so maybe they’ll show D’Vorah and a bit more of Cetrion, plus Kitana? Probably save Frost for last.

xXRagingFlameXx

What MK are you referring to? I remember a vomit one but nothing to do with a vial being tossed?

I'm hoping Reptile is in, I don't think it's likely but I don't think that was anything near a deconfirmation. But opinions are like assholes and everyone has one.
No, the effects are the same, the start up is different. The puddle stays on the ground all the same and does DOT damage all the same. The green acid puddle on the ground is Reptile's staple move. They easily could have just had Erron throw the caltrops, but nope. He throws bright green acid. They also say "Reptile's Acid."

Reptile's chances are slim already and you really should not get your hopes up bro. Just like Ermac. Just like Mileena.

Is there some sort of odd chance he could be unlockable? Barely, but sure. Although it'd be absolutely ridiculous to have 2 characters tossing out acid puddles with Erron VS. Reptile. Same effects, colors and all. Big yikes and Reptile's chances lower to a solid 10% on a good day because of it.

The closest thing to Reptile we're getting is the poor sucker Baraka impales in his intro.

I want Mileena in more than anything, are we gonna get her? Probably not. I accepted it. So should you.

Unless they're unlockables. don't bet on anybody from MKX getting into MK11 through DLC. So, prep yourself for disappointment if you expect to see Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Takeda, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Goro in a Kombat Pack anytime soon.

LawAbidingCitizen

if you expect to see Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Takeda, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Goro in a Kombat Pack anytime soon.
Despite your opinion I still think Mileena and Reptile has a place in DLC or possibly as Unlockable. I have more confidence in Mileena though than reptile.

Personally I want Smoke more than Reptile and Cyrax/Sektor but I'm willing to take Cyber Frost instead.

We have 12 DLC and most are returning characters one of them being Shang Tsung which many believed to not be in. I just don't see them leaving out Mileena this time around because most of the other returning characters are not as popular as her and one of the classic Ninja's.

xXRagingFlameXx

Despite your opinion I still think Mileena and Reptile has a place in DLC or possibly as Unlockable. I have more confidence in Mileena though than reptile.

Personally I want Smoke more than Reptile and Cyrax/Sektor but I'm willing to take Cyber Frost instead.

We have 12 DLC and most are returning characters one of them being Shang Tsung which many believed to not be in. I just don't see them leaving out Mileena this time around because most of the other returning characters are not as popular as her and one of the classic Ninja's.
I mean, I think if we get ANY ninjas as DLC it's going to be Smoke. He was like...the only one not playable in MKX.

What I'd like to see.

KP1: Shang Tsung, Sindel, Nightwolf, Human Smoke, Guest #1, Guest #2 (The MK characters all being trilogy characters)
KP2: Fujin, Sareena, Havik, Reiko, Guest #3, Guest #4 (The MK characters all being 3D era. You could switch out Sareena for any 3D era female tbh. I don't care too much. Same for Reiko. Only chose him cause Shao Kahn's here.)

Yes they’d more than one
They're all extinct tho

It'll probably (and hopefully) be Kitana and Frost. It would make sense to have both of the blue female ninjas in one Kombat Kast, right? I look forward to Kitana, as she's my favorite MK character, and Frost, since she's been long-absent, and I want to see what NRS does for her.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

We have no idea if we have 12 DLC. We've been promised 6 and after that perhaps there'll be a second set -- but I think 10 total is more likely than 12, if that's the case.

Everyone thought Shang Tsung would be in this game, so I'm not sure what you're saying there.

I sincerely doubt anyone who was in MKX will be DLC in MK11. They would catch so much shit for it. Mileena is the only one I could possibly see, purely because they could do it in a second round of DLC as a 'by popular demand' thing like Triborg.

Reptile is definitely out. They gave Erron not only a move inspired by him and named after him, but a fatality (acid melts your face off!) that is one of Reptile's signatures.