What's new

UMK3 Tier list discussion

Kaiba

Noob
But if you rush Sektor how can he launch his missiles (smart or regular)? Same with the tele-uppercut. All it takes is one auto pop up combo by Classic Sub. I played Sektor players at a mall here in Dallas before the machine was taken away. Some were really good players but couldn't take down my Classic Sub.

The Only Advantage C Sub has Over him is The 44%+ Autocombo. 1 Trick Pony. Sektor Can Mix it up alot more, and have a variety or Strategy's. I bet you took down people like crazy at your local mall, cause it was the first time they played you. Thats what 1 Trick Ponies are designed to do. Try That at a Big Tourny like EVO or on XBL.

Kaiba

Noob
Actually they were "regulars" who were there weekly. As far as the 44% base juggle goes, he has much stronger juggles. He has various strategic moves. Example, Sektor tries a tele-uppercut at the start of a match. Sub can block, then freeze Sektor in air, then go for a JK, Ground Freeze, SUJK, 4 hit popup, JK. It won't read out the first JK but its around 60% damage. The slide can be added for looks.

You've yet to say another strategy other than "Attack for big damage" Sub Can't do shit if Sektors Got him Pinned with Smart missiles.

Same way anyone else deals with Rub Jabs, Wait untill the Run is gone then move, Sneak in a Tele-uppercut, Start Rub Jabbing first, Throw them, Ducking lk, ect ect.

I've barely come across any good enough C.Subs to take on my Sektor. I've recently figured out how to exploit the robot hitbox vs the ice puddle, which I believe the people who created the list are probably aware of. If a C Sub rushes me, I can easily get the two hit kick combo in, and start the smart missles. Tele uppercut is a big advantage versus C Sub as well.

Kaiba

Noob
The tele-uppercut is only good after an air collision. Its pretty hard to get a telecut OTG. CSZ is more of a ground character. As easy it is for Sektor to start the smart missiles, CSZ can go into his relauncher. Even if you get one smart missile out, then what? If CSZ makes a collision pretty close to the time Sektor's smart missile connects, Sektor cannot do anything else until he recovers too.

Kaiba

Noob
Sektor's smart missile is his only real stategy since the "dumb" missile and tele-cuts only work when the opponet is in air. In close enough situations, CSZ slide can connet when Sektor missile is thrown. If a JK, tele-cut strat is tried, the JK blocked then CSZ thorws his Ground Freeze. Likewise if the tele-cut is tried, Sub can cause damage. For Sektor to really beat CSZ, is if he can get CSZ airborne.

Kaiba

Noob
I'm a typical broke college student for now. Hopefully I can get one soon with summertime comming up. My sis-in-law is suppost to get me a decent job.

Right now my only online option is SNES9X with another Mac computer since Mac can only play Mac.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I added a few new videos for some characters, Jax, Kitana, Kano, Ermac and Sonya. Showing some advanced counters and neat stuff you don't see people don't use.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So far as I know, no one recorded any matches and also there are a couple matches that never happened. It was basically a test run, I'm not too worried about it, things should go better next time and we'll get it all done in one night.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Added new combos set ups and scenarios for Cyrax, Mileena, Classic Sub, Unmasked, Sub, Scorpion, Jade, Nightwolf, Reptile, Stryker, Sindel and Sektor in the character guides section.

Side note for Dreemer, for some reason if I add videos, and go back to edit them, say, change a part of the Title, it'll make both the videos the exact same thing, Title, embed link, etc. I then have to delete both videos and re-add them, else they will just keep linking up to eachother.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Added info on Cyrax's infinites in his guide, and will be adding new videos soon for Shang Tsung, Sheeva, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Robot Smoke, Human Smoke, and Kabal.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I added videos for Sheeva, Shang Tsung, Kung Lao, and Kabal. Some of you Kabal players will step up a notch with this update.