What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think we need to get a living mame/mamehub tutorial/setup thread going for the various ways to play this online, along with a TYM UMK3:TE player list/matchmaking thread. It would be so much easier if there was one agreed upon program/online method to use that is relatively simple to set up.
Agreed. We need to all test RetroArch, too. It uses GGPO-style rollback. Not sure how well it holds up, though.

In the meantime, wanna play a few?

B W1zZ

Noob
Agreed. We need to all test RetroArch, too. It uses GGPO-style rollback. Not sure how well it holds up, though.

In the meantime, wanna play a few?
Sure, I got mamehub 3.0 and mameppk 119 set up...but I don't have p2p set up for it yet.

THTB

Sure, I got mamehub 3.0 and mameppk 119 set up...but I don't have p2p set up for it yet.
MAMEHub sounds fine. I haven't tried it on a wired connection yet, which may fix the last bit of my issues (lag spikes).

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@Konqrr was the window on HSmoke's spear, hk lp, jk~spear changed at all? Flipping between versions I am hitting this all the time in the Juggernaut hack and missing it a lot in TE. Maybe it is more difficult on different characters?

Also, thx to @THTB and @9.95 for helping me out

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Konqrr was the window on HSmoke's spear, hk lp, jk~spear changed at all? Flipping between versions I am hitting this all the time in the Juggernaut hack and missing it a lot in TE. Maybe it is more difficult on different characters?

Also, thx to @THTB and @9.95 for helping me out
No, not changed

THTB

I told you that WHEN people get it to work, it's the best! If you can't get it working, then PPK 119 p2p is the next best thing.
It really sucks that it's hard to get working for some people. Because it really does work well.

Also, male ninja roundhouses feel strangely weak. I can't roundhouse jump-ins consistently for whatever reason, but that may be the slight delay.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

@3:33 when Smoke gets stomped out, Kitana jumps in, with the falling animation. Not sure if that's a bug or not.
That's a 2v2 bug, one of the bugs that explosive combat should fix. But the 2v2 bugs is why 2v2 isn't the tournament standard, but it's the best way to practice and it's more fun.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
New bug found -- Stryker Riot Gun no longer has a disable timer lol (found by justframe juggler on YouTube)

RiBBz22

Is there a practice mode planned, or a way to simulate one? I used moe30w's cheat file previously for this on the juggernaut hack, but I am not sure how to get a cheat file to work when mamehub is running the ROM.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is there a practice mode planned, or a way to simulate one? I used moe30w's cheat file previously for this on the juggernaut hack, but I am not sure how to get a cheat file to work when mamehub is running the ROM.
not sure, but don't use mamehub to practice... Use ppk119 with cheats.

RiBBz22

not sure, but don't use mamehub to practice... Use ppk119 with cheats.
Do you or does anyone have a cheat file that works for ppk? I am using the one I use on the normal version of mame and I can select from all the options but they are not actually working.

faststax

Noob
also correct me if i am wrong but i think sindel corner infinite is still possible? if not now easier than before because of decrease of flight startup delay? i can not do it very well since i do not practice it. this should be removed because i have played against a few people on PSN who can do corner infinite on controller even with like 100ms lag.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@Konqrr I have no experience with programing but u either a) know the hacker or b) it may be you and if it is good shit heh but I say this based on other responses. Anyway here's my inquiry.

Being mkac on steam is still on shitty gsmes for windows live and not stream works is their anyway to patch umk for mkac or do we have to hope it goes to stream works for any patches due to gfwl being ass imo on pc that is.on regard to mods.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Jade returnarang glitch. not broken i think but seems bugged.
Good shit... that is funny.
also correct me if i am wrong but i think sindel corner infinite is still possible? if not now easier than before because of decrease of flight startup delay? i can not do it very well since i do not practice it. this should be removed because i have played against a few people on PSN who can do corner infinite on controller even with like 100ms lag.
Sindel's Flight has a hit limit attached to it now so the infinite is no longer possible, just a few volleys.
@Konqrr I have no experience with programing but u either a) know the hacker or b) it may be you and if it is good shit heh but I say this based on other responses. Anyway here's my inquiry.

Being mkac on steam is still on shitty gsmes for windows live and not stream works is their anyway to patch umk for mkac or do we have to hope it goes to stream works for any patches due to gfwl being ass imo on pc that is.on regard to mods.
I know the hacker, yes.

@dreemernj said that he successfully patched MKAK on PC with the UMK2 hack, so it definitely is possible. Whether you can play it online is another story though.