What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Play testing tonight, Sonya gets easy 40% off and uppercut. Uppercut, leg grab. 40%. The guy I was playing with is extremely skilled, and I did it to him five times
How were you landing this? I tried it midscreen, no go... then in the corner like 50x against Sheeva and Jax and it either whiffed or they blocked it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Play testing tonight, Sonya gets easy 40% off and uppercut. Uppercut, leg grab. 40%. The guy I was playing with is extremely skilled, and I did it to him five times
Yeah I'm confused, only place you can combo this is in the corner on certain characters in a really specific scenario and even there it's blockable. Need a little more info on this and if there's a bug where she breaks from recovery it can be addressed.

As for Noob Saibot ending, it'll be taken care of. There are plans to complete as much of the unfinished aspects as possible.

Our player Natcu find some interesting bugs or something like this. From time to time after going to the upper stage some hitboxes or frames are changing - After Reptile's popup his opponent starts to move behind his back (watch video). May be It is all happens after making jab cancelling. May be it is all from removing GJs? As you can see everything working fine on the lower stage. But after going to upper stage - something is changing and starts working different what earlier

Last edited:
Yeah I'm confused, only place you can combo this is in the corner on certain characters in a really specific scenario and even there it's blockable. Need a little more info on this and if there's a bug where she breaks from recovery it can be addressed.

As for Noob Saibot ending, it'll be taken care of. There are plans to complete as much of the unfinished aspects as possible.
I'll try to recreate it as well. Happened against Kabal several times. Thought it only happened standing, but could have been anti air

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'll try to recreate it as well. Happened against Kabal several times. Thought it only happened standing, but could have been anti air
I don't think it's possible to be unblockable. Maybe your opponent just wasn't crouch blocking? Sonya's leg grab is a low, so you have to crouch block it.

Crathen

Death is my business
Been stuck at this when swapping the patched rom , am i somehow compressing the .bin the wrong way?The patched rom is smaller than the original one by like 100 kb

I don't think it's possible to be unblockable. Maybe your opponent just wasn't crouch blocking? Sonya's leg grab is a low, so you have to crouch block it.
Oh snap. Is that a change from vanilla? I'm not sure that should stay in if so… It doesn't really "hit" low, and it happens so fast. I mean I love me some sonya but still.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Oh snap. Is that a change from vanilla? I'm not sure that should stay in if so… It doesn't really "hit" low, and it happens so fast. I mean I love me some sonya but still.
Not actually sure if it was like that in Vanilla, @R.E.O. says it wasn't like that but I thought it was. I think it's fine being a low, gives it more of a command grab feel to it. It definitely is a lot better now though with the removal of Glitch Jabs.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's always been low lol

Been stuck at this when swapping the patched rom , am i somehow compressing the .bin the wrong way?The patched rom is smaller than the original one by like 100 kb

What do you mean "compressing it the wrong way?"

You take umk3.zip, extract the two files you are going to patch, patch them, then put them back in the umk3.zip file. Make a backup first so you don't remove your original file data.

Not actually sure if it was like that in Vanilla, @R.E.O. says it wasn't like that but I thought it was. I think it's fine being a low, gives it more of a command grab feel to it. It definitely is a lot better now though with the removal of Glitch Jabs.
Maybe it should have throw properties... like it gets blocked if holding back and block, regardless if ducking or not. It's so fast and has so much range, making it a low makes it even more dangerous than it already is.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Maybe it should have throw properties... like it gets blocked if holding back and block, regardless if ducking or not. It's so fast and has so much range, making it a low makes it even more dangerous than it already is.
It's always been low lol
Yeah that's what I thought. It just wasn't as noticeable in vanilla. It's very easily blocked and punished, it's a risk/reward move where the reward isn't even that great compared to the risk. It's a good move, but it's not "too good", imo.

It's always been low lol

What do you mean "compressing it the wrong way?"

You take umk3.zip, extract the two files you are going to patch, patch them, then put them back in the umk3.zip file. Make a backup first so you don't remove your original file data.
lol oops. Well, it definitely works against kabal and reads out as combo damage.

It's blockable and Bass is notorious for going for babalities so take that as, he wasn't blocking lol
well true lol. But it whiffs on other characters, it hits kabal. he'll block it sure, but like i said it whiffs on other characters. Tested with Jax and Kabal back to back. Maybe Kabal falls differently

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
well true lol. But it whiffs on other characters, it hits kabal. he'll block it sure, but like i said it whiffs on other characters. Tested with Jax and Kabal back to back. Maybe Kabal falls differently
It's their laying down sprites as it works on Kano and Sheeva also (poor Bass lol) ... Kabal's breathing device on his chest while lying down and Sheeva's chest both increase their sprite size.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyone want to play on MAME 119? Let me know.