What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Ok, so @justfr@me that is normal behavior because the timer for Shang to morphback wore off when the Spear hit. This is how it is supposed to work. If you morphed into Scorpion and did a spear, you would not morph back. No bug here.

As for the DP @tehdrewsus, that is caused from the freeze being the second hit, not the spear. There is no DP in that combo from the spear being the first hit, so you could morph into Sheeva and get 52%.
So is a naked freeze into a 6 hit combo less damage than a non frozen 6 hit?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So is a naked freeze into a 6 hit combo less damage than a non frozen 6 hit?
Naked freeze has no DP, if freeze is the second hit, it has DP.

This is to give the player an option... corner carry with less damage after an air freeze or full damage with minimal corner carry.

IE: aaFreeze, aaHPHP, JK, Slide = 36%
or aaFreeze, aaHP~Freeze, aaHPHP, JK, Slide = 27% with corner carry

Ok, so @justfr@me that is normal behavior because the timer for Shang to morphback wore off when the Spear hit. This is how it is supposed to work. If you morphed into Scorpion and did a spear, you would not morph back. No bug here.
ok but why smoke can t do this!? or sindel's scream?

ArmageddonUMK

Hipster Spectral Player
So I have been wanting to try this forever, and with the new patch I feel it's time I actually do it. Only problem is I'm not quite sure how/where to download the game and apply the hack and patch. I assume I use MAME, but if someone could give me a step by step way to play this, that would be much appreciated.

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
So I have been wanting to try this forever, and with the new patch I feel it's time I actually do it. Only problem is I'm not quite sure how/where to download the game and apply the hack and patch. I assume I use MAME, but if someone could give me a step by step way to play this, that would be much appreciated.
There's already a step-by-step guide included in the download. If you need any additional help, you can just PM me. As for emulators, you should use MAME Plus instead. MAME doesn't seem to work with this for me.

klala

Noob
Is this the new TE beta or something you did yourself? Those air throws are pretty cool.
This is my creation. I started on the SNES, and I am now delving in Arcade. In the channel have a video of my first hack of Cyrax in SNES with the same animation of air throw.

Reactions: nwo

Dank_Sinatra

Comfortably Numb
Ran 20-30 matches with @Ziggy, locally.

I absolutely love the changes made. The game feels faster and more responsive. Ziggy and I were amazed at how much faster the game played without much of the startup/recovery that dominates much of vanilla.

Thanks for putting the time into it, well worth the wait.

I can finally main with Stryker :)

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Looking forward to revisiting this. I've actually gotten a new computer since the last release! I know CPU horsepower isn't that big a deal with a 20+ year old game, but the video card on my old laptop gave me serious problems with these games for some reason. So now I should be in much better shape.

What's the preferred emulator at this point for online stuff?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Thanks, I know MAME, I guess I should have asked which client instead of which emulator. MAMEhub, a particular numbered version of Kaillera, etc?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Thanks @nwo!

Quick question, sorry if this has been addressed already:

It is possible to make both HK and LK deliver a knee starter after a jump-in punch? This has always struck me as arbitrary behavior in vanilla, since either HK or LK can be used to start a knee combo without the jump-in.

Or is there some specific strategic value to the LK behavior? If so then better not to mess with it obviously.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thanks @nwo!

Quick question, sorry if this has been addressed already:

It is possible to make both HK and LK deliver a knee starter after a jump-in punch? This has always struck me as arbitrary behavior in vanilla, since either HK or LK can be used to start a knee combo without the jump-in.

Or is there some specific strategic value to the LK behavior? If so then better not to mess with it obviously.
I'm sure it can be done, but you are the only one who's ever asked about it AFAIK and it doesn't really give anything new. Plus people are used to HK as it's been that way forever.