What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Then it didn't patch. The patch comes with instructions. I'm sure it's something simple you missed.
I followed the instructions before, i did again today.
Hmm, so wait..
Should i have unzipped UMK3, put the patch files in there, then zip it back?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I followed the instructions before, i did again today.
Hmm, so wait..
Should i have unzipped UMK3, put the patch files in there, then zip it back?
If you have both a zip and unzipped files, MAME will read one or the other. Most likely the unchanged zip is being read.

sam76

Noob
Can't get this to work i follow the instruction on PDF file i'm sure i patched files correctly
BTW i have 26 files , try it on mame32kpp too

Geddon

Noob
Does anyone burn the roms for this? I picked up umk3 1.2 board and changed it to 1.3. I’m curious about this version. Is it just a 2 rom swap like 1.3?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does anyone burn the roms for this? I picked up umk3 1.2 board and changed it to 1.3. I’m curious about this version. Is it just a 2 rom swap like 1.3?
Currently it is a 6-rom switch as it has the graphics for Human Smoke and Noob Saibot portraits on the select screen.

A new version will release before Summer Jam with more changes, some reverts, and a lot of fixes. Currently it is at version 2.0.041. No notes yet.
Nice updates, anyone have any vids of late on this version?
It was played at the end of Get It In Ohio 2018. Showing the new Jax combo and gameplay by @dubson

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Revision 2.0.042 is out! This is what we will play at Summer Jam along with v1.3 and Ultimate Cup!

Last release was nearly 3 years ago!

sam76

Noob
i updated to 2.0.042 i put MAME and all MK games in my USB Flash , i try it today in my office but refuse to start due to a different H.D path
i knew i can fix this by re-apply files individually again but i hate it that way , what is the proper way to save Rom as 2.0.042 ?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i updated to 2.0.042 i put MAME and all MK games in my USB Flash , i try it today in my office but refuse to start due to a different H.D path
i knew i can fix this by re-apply files individually again but i hate it that way , what is the proper way to save Rom as 2.0.042 ?
Take them out of the zip, patch them, put them back in the zip.

Some versions of MAME need to be set up to play games that don't match the original game hash.

sam76

Noob
Konqrr i already did this method and play the game fine have NO problem with that : )
My point is when you put it into a USB Flash for some reasons , formatted PC or Working office it won't work out of USB , due to locating path changed , so i must locate Roms folder again in Mame Option > Directories to avoid getting Error Right ?

BTW my old umk3te.rom has um312u54 , um312u63 appears to be created in 2015. the rest of files 118, 119 ,120 and 121 which updated in 2001 !

i'm all set or something wrong ?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I see... just set a new directory. Maybe you have to delete the normal directory so it sees the USB?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What is the preferred version of mamehub? I downloaded 4.0 but it wants to connect to some server to download and create an .exe but it gets hung up in the process and wont connect to the server.

Should I be using 3.0?