What's new

Umk3 fixes?

I wouldn't remove any specials or combos, but I would increase or decrease the damage % of some of them. The risk of using a slow or limited special could be rewarded with a higher damage percentage. The slower and more limited characters would do more damage on average and it would make them more viable.

The speed of some of the specials would need to be increased, because no matter how much damage you give a single special, it won't hit if the opponent can avoid it everytime. Sheeva's Stomp, Shang's Ground Eruption and Classic Sub Z's Freezes would be a few of the first ones I would work on with speed, damage or both.

Some combos could also do with a few extra percentages in damage, but you would have to fix the infinites and turn them into normal 1 cycle juggles in order for those to be fair as well. I am not sure how you could remove/change infinites without changing the core dynamics of the UMK3 we know today.

I enjoy playing UMK3 because of the way it is now, glitches and infinites included and if you changed anything essential, like removing or replacing specials for example, then it just wouldn't be the same game.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
LOL, if they do the things ur talking about it will ruin the game entirely. Ermac would be #1 merely cuz of damage alone. I don't think you really know what you're talking about man, especially if u have a hard time fighting NightWolf. He can be annoying, but he's very beatable offline by numerous tactics and characters....otherwise he'd be winning tournaments. I think you have played online a little too long, cuz alot of people whore NightWolf and abuse lag-tactics with him since online it's like he's on steroids. The only thing this game needs to balance it is start up frames on Kabals Spin, remove all forms of punch-blocking and give Human-Smoke normal walk speed. Other than that, it's fine.

Teleports? LMAO R u serious dude? U realize blocked Teleports yield the highest damage counter-combos in the entire game? ONE blocked Teleport and Ermac takes 82%. ONE blocked Teleport and Lao, Stryker and Reptile can kill you w/ the infinites. Even KITANA can do 43%-65% from blocking a Teleport. Turtling DOES kind of ruin the game, but all these little pussies do it anyway so why NOT return the favor? Plus teleports are needed to escape alot of the bullshit rushdown pressure when u can barely fucking move, especially cuz the other person doesn't even have a connection suitable of playing the game at the proper frame-rate.

Also, projectile based characters are turtlers, so that comes across as contradictory.....Chest Reflect discourages turtling and Zoning in a rushdown based game. No one should be able to win at UMK3 by sitting back and throwing projectiles....it defeats the purpose of playing this particular game. I swear all I ever get stuck with is people who shoot projectiles and runaway cuz they suck and can't fight. Do u realize how badly U Sub would dominate NightWolf w/out Chest Reflect? Yea, that's ALL we need more Scrub-Zero players who now have MORE reason to runaway like little bitches. great ideas, man

Search Function is a man's best friend: http://testyourmight.com/threads/things-that-need-fixing-in-mkak-use-this-thread-only.7614/

and you forgot either remove invisibility entirely or give it to everyone as well as nerf Robo-Smoke bullshit easy-auto damage a Cerebral Palsy Victim can do. #1 scrub character ever.

Noob
1. HP/LP no longer cancellable by Block. (the only universal change I would make)
2. Kabal's spin - longer startup, less active frames, shorter distance traveled, longer recovery.
3. Human Smoke - slightly less damage on combos... maybe make pop up start damage protection.
4. Kitana - remove damage protection from fan lift
5. Jade - increase damage output on combos, add air throw to her arsenal
6. Kung Lao - remove auto tracking dive-kick, limit spin to 1 spin per combo.
7. Classic Sub-Zero - add Ice Clone to his arsenal.

I'm sure I'll think of more, I'm getting ready to leave work.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Im sorry u can't trap teleporters and do LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP,LP.

By the sounds of this, you shouldn't be playing UMK3 at all. Find a new game, man. it sounds to me you're just looking for an easier way to win instead of adapting and becoming better at the actual game itself.

You should play NoDoubt's Jax or Kitana then you'll understand why Teleports are ESSENTIAL in balancing the game. Judging by your posts, it doesnt sound like you are high-level enough to actually give valid input on this topic, TBH.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
1. HP/LP no longer cancellable by Block. (the only universal change I would make)
Removing Kara Jabs would ruin competitive UMK3. If there was for some reason a patch, the only universal change should be getting rid of the Glitch Jabs, not the Kara Jabs.

- Make it so you can only cancel 1 jab (HK/LP) with block or run. Make it impossible to jab multiple times while blocking.

- Remove the aspect of an auto-combo whiffing on hit. This happens most often with Jax and Kabal's auto-combos. After a few hits, it will whiff leaving you open to punish.

- Nerf Kabal's spin and jab priority. More start-up and recovery on the spin.

- Overal damage nerf 15%

- Human Smoke and Ermac damage nerf -10%.

- Change Shang's Sonya morph to a different command. As well as change Sonya's leg grab a different command.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I would also get rid of that corner punch infinite, I've seen a couple of players now who have used it and it just isn't in the spirit of a fighting game. That and as 9.95 mentioned, the punch block cancels. One of the best players I have fought started just standing still while punching and blocking when they realised I might actually win one game. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for your opponent and for the game

I've only seen those tactics used by South Americans actually, anyone else noticed this?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I would also get rid of that corner punch infinite, I've seen a couple of players now who have used it and it just isn't in the spirit of a fighting game. That and as 9.95 mentioned, the punch block cancels. One of the best players I have fought started just standing still while punching and blocking when they realised I might actually win one game. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for your opponent and for the game.

I've only seen those tactics used by South Americans actually, anyone else noticed this?
I wish I could thank this post again. Punch-blocking in any form is a cowardly move and is essentially cheating your opponent out of a win they basically already had. Total troll-tactic used to make very average and sub-average player appear better than they really are.

This happens in the current game, mid-screen, corner,etc.... Balancing teleporting would have no affect on MK jabs. If anything, it would make it more difficult to apply jab pressure. Plus, like i said, a teleporter should only become trapped if they trap themselves. that seems fair to me. Mk2 applies the same thing to Raiden, which, again, is fair imo. It's fair because if you stay mid-screen, and don't try to turtle, you won't become trapped. However, if you try to play lame, you run the risk of trapping yourself. How is that a bad thing? It's classic risk vs. reward. I never said remove the teleport. I said, make it a way to get in, but don't give it the ability to do big combo damage by giving teleporters instant recovery. That's all. cBeing trapped in corners doesn't bother me, but i'm old school.
But u don't HAVE to trap yourself....some people can just kara-jab so good they can force you into a corner from almost anywhere. If you don't have a teleport to get out, you're more than likely, FUCKED.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I would also get rid of that corner punch infinite, I've seen a couple of players now who have used it and it just isn't in the spirit of a fighting game. That and as 9.95 mentioned, the punch block cancels. One of the best players I have fought started just standing still while punching and blocking when they realised I might actually win one game. To me, that just shows a lack of respect for your opponent and for the game

How is it not in the spirit of a fighting game to play to win? In fact, using anything and everything you can to win IS in the spirit of fighting games. The corner jab infinite is pretty lame, but it is avoidable and it isn't banned from tournaments. Punch blocking is a 100% beatable and the only people who complain about them are the people who don't take the time to level up and learn how to not only beat them, but use them for themselves.

So you would say it is in the spirit of a fighting game if someone could press one button at the start of every game and win it instantly? They would win every time, which you are saying is the spirit of a fighting game?

How I feel about it is this, if you are just blocking the whole match, then of course you are not actually fighting your opponent, which is not in the spirit of a fighting game. It is the same when you just stand still punching AND blocking, you are not even trying to fight your opponent. The people who I saw use that tactic, would just keep punching away and wait for me to do something. I could stand there the whole match doing nothing and they would keep punching away and hope I attack them.
How is that in anyway a respectable tactic in a fighting game? There is no skill involved in doing it, any player at any skill level could do it, they wouldn't need to "level up" in order to use it effectively.

Run jabs, kara jabs, mind games/punishers, sweepers, infinites and so on are all things that take skill to be effective. I don't mind people using certain tactics to win, but if you are not even going to bother attacking me, then what is the point of playing a fighting game.

For me, the point of a fighting game, is NOT ONLY about winning, but having fun and the challenge of the fight. I don't have fun and I don't get any better watching someone glitch jabbing constantly with no interest in actually attacking me.

Most martial artists would probably agree that the reason they love fighting someone is not because of the winning, but the fight itself. Some of my favourite matches have been where the fight was epic, not because of the fact that I won or lost.

Anway, I guess I will just agree to disagree on this one, because I don't think many people will agree with me about it.

EDIT: Whoops, I noticed I was talking about the corner inf in my previous post. It is not always possible to get out of it and while you are trying you can take so much damage that you will probably lose even if you do manage to escape. Pressing 1 button constantly with the right timing might take practice but it does not take skill. You could teach a child to do it. Obviously deliberately getting the opponent in the corner takes skill, which I don't mind at all, but once you get them in the right position, you could give the controls to anybody who has practiced the timing of pressing 1 button constantly, which has nothing to do with fighting and everything to do with pressing one button. Like I said at the start, pressing one button to win is not in the spirit of a fighting game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So you would say it is in the spirit of a fighting game if someone could press one button at the start of every game and win it instantly? They would win every time, which you are saying is the spirit of a fighting game?
At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at the start of every game and win it instantly? At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at ANYTIME and win the game instantly? So I don't understand why you said the above.

How I feel about it is this, if you are just blocking the whole match, then of course you are not actually fighting your opponent, which is not in the spirit of a fighting game. It is the same when you just stand still punching AND blocking, you are not even trying to fight your opponent. The people who I saw use that tactic, would just keep punching away and wait for me to do something. I could stand there the whole match doing nothing and they would keep punching away and hope I attack them.
How is that in anyway a respectable tactic in a fighting game? There is no skill involved in doing it, any player at any skill level could do it, they wouldn't need to "level up" in order to use it effectively.
It doesn't matter if it's "respectable". If you don't know how to beat it, why would I not use it? It's not my fault that you haven't taken the time to learn how to beat something you obviously have seen done before. You say any player at any skill level could do it and it requires no skill. So if everyone can do it, why have you not put in the time to learn more about it?

Run jabs, kara jabs, mind games/punishers, sweepers, infinites and so on are all things that take skill to be effective. I don't mind people using certain tactics to win, but if you are not even going to bother attacking me, then what is the point of playing a fighting game.
So if someone is turtling or zoning, they too fall under the same paradigm you're advocating. They aren't attacking you so they aren't playing a fighting game. You have a lot to learn, young one!

For me, the point of a fighting game, is NOT ONLY about winning, but having fun and the challenge of the fight. I don't have fun and I don't get any better watching someone glitch jabbing constantly with no interest in actually attacking me.
See, this is where you need to heed your own words, "For me". Exactly, other people aren't obligated to follow your rules, under any circumstances. The only rule there is, is to win. That's it. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will improve not only in this game, but in every game you play.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Players are so spoiled now that they just want patches for everything they cannot easily beat. Instead of actually dedicating time into a game, why not just ask for the shit you can't beat to be taken out? And if it doesn't, just quit the game because it's not worth actually practicing a game anymore. While you're at it, go around advocating that the game is shit because of that thing you can't beat, and it takes no skill to be good at because of it. And anyone who plays it is wasting their time playing a broken game.

UMK3 is fine. It has been taken to a new level that many refuse to go to. But they don't stop at this refusal. They take it a step further and instead of taking responsibility and admitting they either just don't want to level up, or can't, they shift the blame to the game and claim the game isn't good enough for them to play anymore. This new mindset of the entire gaming community really just makes me want to leave competitive gaming altogether. The true competitive drive and dedication has been lost somewhere, and I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

If the only goal is too win, then fine, do what ever you can to win. Just remember, this is a game and the reason most, if not all of us PLAY it is because it is fun. I don't find glitch jabbing and the corner inf fun at all, whether I am doing it or my opponent is.

The corner inf can not be stopped if done correctly, how am I meant to "level up" and beat that?
Glitch jabbing takes no skill. Attacking someone doing it takes no skill either, once you know what to do, you can do it everytime.

"At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at the start of every game and win it instantly? At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at ANYTIME and win the game instantly? So I don't understand why you said the above."
What I meant was, that would take no skill and neither does the two tactics we are talking about, but you would win the game right? Which you said is the spirit of a fighting game, winning.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The corner inf can not be stopped if done correctly, how am I meant to "level up" and beat that?
Wasn't referring to the corner jab infinite.

Glitch jabbing takes no skill. Attacking someone doing it takes no skill either, once you know what to do, you can do it everytime.
Subjective.

"At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at the start of every game and win it instantly? At what point in UMK3 can you press one button at ANYTIME and win the game instantly? So I don't understand why you said the above."
What I meant was, that would take no skill and neither does the two tactics we are talking about, but you would win the game right? Which you said is the spirit of a fighting game, winning.
You're obsessed with things that you think take skill or do not. It doesn't matter what you think takes skill, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks takes skill or not. No one is here to impress you, they are here to win.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Players are so spoiled now that they just want patches for everything they cannot easily beat. Instead of actually dedicating time into a game, why not just ask for the shit you can't beat to be taken out? And if it doesn't, just quit the game because it's not worth actually practicing a game anymore. While you're at it, go around advocating that the game is shit because of that thing you can't beat, and it takes no skill to be good at because of it. And anyone who plays it is wasting their time playing a broken game.

UMK3 is fine. It has been taken to a new level that many refuse to go to. But they don't stop at this refusal. They take it a step further and instead of taking responsibility and admitting they either just don't want to level up, or can't, they shift the blame to the game and claim the game isn't good enough for them to play anymore. This new mindset of the entire gaming community really just makes me want to leave competitive gaming altogether. The true competitive drive and dedication has been lost somewhere, and I don't see it coming back anytime soon.
Sometimes I feel you are truly hopeless lol.

If all I did for 20 matches when we played was crouch-block and that's it, would you want to play me? You can't leave until someone gets 10 wins and you can't complain about my playstyle cuz it's legal since it's in the game. You just have to suck it up and deal with.

That's basically how we feel playing GJ/KJ scrubs. What is the damn difference between me holding crouch-block for 20 matches and GJ/KJ? Either way, you're still blocking the entire time.

I think alot of you people are being selfish considering there's about 10 people in the world who use GJ and the rest of the players say it's bullshit. Majority rules in every other fucking situation. How did you guys manage to manipulate this situation to convince the other 90% of UMK3 players that WE are the ones who are wrong?

And just FYI, I'm like border-line ready to retire from UMK3 for good cuz of this fucking garbage. You people need to remember what it's like to work for your damn wins again.

That's right 3 years of intense playing and practice and mastering almost every difficult tactics and combo in the game....

and for fucking WHAT? FOR FUCKING WHAT? To get beat by some dickhead w/ a Robo-Smoke and a NightWolf and a GJ and nothing else intricated into their shitty scrubby style? Fuck that shit. I didn't do all that work for nothing.

Time to turn off easy-auto mode, Guys.

Subjective.
And some people just can't do it on pad due to button configure also. I can do it just fine on stick, but that's about ALL I can do on stick.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It has nothing to do with who's good at the game because nobody's even playing it when there are blockjabs involved.
Of course they are. Maybe you meant you aren't playing it?

Dedicating time into what?
Getting better. Beating a tactic that is seemingly dominant is too hard of people these days. They'd rather just quit than practice.

You can't beat this technology. You can't beat it... you can (have to) do it yourself, that's it.
Yes you can, which I've explained before. It doesn't just require doing it yourself, but that helps.

Blockjabbing is just a braindead action that you train your hands to do and react to your opponent when they do anything other than exactly what you are doing. It's a game of chip damage, reverse tug of war to the corner to bait a mistake from your opponent when they see an incoming universal broken infinite. That's high level UMK3.
And blockjabbing is just another aspect of the game. It only dominates when you let it dominate.

The way I see it you are completely wrong about this. The game has devolved from what was once a good fighting game. Maybe you don't understand that because you never really got to see how it used to be, but it's nowhere near as good with this trash in it. There is no definition of a perfect fighting game so it's your choice if you want to play it. That's fine.

I did see how it used to be, and I played during the time the old way was played. Everyone who started playing UMK3 competitively when it came out for XBLA in 2006 basically learned from Shock and his friends and they didn't use blockjabs. So I'm familiar with how it used to be played. And this "trash" has not always been in the game, but it's been in the game since MK1. It's just no one ever fully utilized it.

Sometimes I feel you are truly hopeless lol.
The feeling is mutual my friend.

If all I did for 20 matches when we played was crouch-block and that's it, would you want to play me? You can't leave until someone gets 10 wins and you can't complain about my playstyle cuz it's legal since it's in the game. You just have to suck it up and deal with.
There would be no reason to just crouch block. You would lose 0-20 if you did that. I don't get the point.

That's basically how we feel playing GJ/KJ scrubs. What is the damn difference between me holding crouch-block for 20 matches and GJ/KJ? Either way, you're still blocking the entire time.
Because you can't win holding crouch block the entire match, maybe?

I think alot of you people are being selfish considering there's about 10 people in the world who use GJ and the rest of the players say it's bullshit.
Amen! And out of the people who actually are adept with and against GJ's, how many of them say they aren't as broken as they seem once you actually know how to defeat them?

Majority rules in every other fucking situation. How did you guys manage to manipulate this situation to convince the other 90% of UMK3 players that WE are the ones who are wrong?
Majority rule doesn't mean anything. The majority once made black people sit in the back of the bus, does that make it right?

And just FYI, I'm like border-line ready to retire from UMK3 for good cuz of this fucking garbage. You people need to remember what it's like to work for your damn wins again.
Very ironic statement.

That's right 3 years of intense playing and practice and mastering almost every difficult tactics and combo in the game....

and for fucking WHAT? FOR FUCKING WHAT? To get beat by some dickhead w/ a Robo-Smoke and a NightWolf and a GJ and nothing else intricated into their shitty scrubby style? Fuck that shit. I didn't do all that work for nothing.
The problem exactly. All these players who have played for a long time feel they're entitled to something because they've practiced the game without including GJ's in their practice or experience. So now that on the next level you need to use and defend against GJ's, there's this barrier that is nearly impossible to get over mentally. You've put all this time into the game, now there's this tactic that you haven't practiced against that's beating you down. The solution it simple yet pride and ego prevents people from seeing it.

NoDoubt

nasty
There's more depth involved between 2 high level umk3-glitch jabbing opponents than people realize and thats where the issue gets everyone by DA NUTZ.

Player A (glitch jabber) + Player B (cant glitch jab) = Player A owns

Player A (glitch jabber) + Player B (glitch jabber) = Both own eachother...slowly...in a chip-fest, brainded marathon.

High level Player A (glitch jabber) + High level Player B (glitch jabber) = Awesome fuCKiNg mAtChES!! YOMI BRO

Just my view. Players can be brainded and block everything his opponent does and own him...if his opponent dont KNOW how to deal with the SHIT. lol. But if his opponent knows, then the glitch jabber is just gonna get chipped out all day and then realize...oh no, I need to do something and get a hit in before I get chipped all day losing my life my a dumbass.

When both players know how 2 deal, both players do not glitch jab brainded. They cant...cuz they both know the ropes. So higher level thinking is involved. Spacing starts...the whole high level vocabulary of fighting games kicks in.

^ - watch and learn. Online? Yes. Online PLAYERS? Hell yea....both online players so both be in the groove. And both could own offline as well im sure. Theres enough strategy within each of these matches aside from all the stupid dropped combos that yall u need to take notes on. Dont wanna take notes? Then let me.

2:28 - miss spin does HP glitch to stop his up close and pause his rushdown for a second so she can get space. Then at 2:33 apon a cross-up, she combo-breaks out by buffering her fan swipe in between his interval. combo breaks = key 1.

3:09 - Fan swipe combo breaker out of nightwolfs glitch-rushdown. in BETWEEN glitch intervals, yet again stopping it and forcing her on the offensive. By now...marvirrasta has lost so much life being chipped out

3:17 - HP glitch to stop rushdown again. U need to glitch b4 ur opponent does to stop his glitch durations in position...to do that u gotta read your opponent.

3:31 - toe-taps between jabs always work. U time it right, u cant get thrown or even chipped...u chip them and they cant do shit but back up...try again, or cross u over...or just back the fuck up lol.

5:02 - Unblockable moves. Causes forced positioning and keeps pressure. Jax round pounded and Marv got nervous and didnt counter miss spin's surprise jump kick and uppercut.

6:17 - Combo breakers.

8:37 - Slow jabs....a secret tactict only a select few of us know how to utilize to its full potential ; ) Obviously U do them in the corner on someone u kill them. But...its other uses remains a mystery XD

8:44 - HP glitch jab to stop rushdown and goes straight into combo. You interrupt your opponents jab duration and chip them or even combo them if they dont block cuz of pressure all at once...too many times she does this to him .

STOP BRAINDED GLITCH JABBING WATCH 10:08 - Combo breakers...and more and more. Time your specials/combos differently than usual and u make ur opponent make mistakes. You can just stand there and combo break all day...if your as godly as Miss Spin. Pshhhhhh

just my OPinION

MKK hanzo

Awesome words
I have very few to add to this post but my usual Dominican dick riding.

Why those guys play an INMENSELY far more broken game than Umk3, and no one there complains?

Why those ppl keep leveling up in MKT n64 year after year and here ppl complains still about something like gjabing in one spot cause "it looks ugly"?

For Gods sake.

I wish I could travel to.RD and stay there a week or so and level up my game. That would be my "dragon ball z time chamber" XD

But again, those ppl accept the game as broken as it is and only have 3 universal rules (wich we shared without knowing it) that are:

No lp corner inf

No relaunchers

No same char in 3 vs 3

Lol they EXPLOIT the game to its limits and deal with gjabbers like nothing!! Why others cant just say "Im gonna do that" and level up?

I havent seen a standing gjabber there winning, and if I dont see it there, then it means nothing. They are the best, so upon them and their level I will base and judge my opinions of the game. Picture the japanese at sf.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

MKK hanzo

Double post:

I had the HONOR of playing yesterday agains Ryan Hart himself at SF4AE.

I lost 10 - 0. The guy is a beast, and then he took the turn against other player and I.told him to pick Seth and he told me that "no, cause if the other player doesnt know how to.defend against Seth it woulnt be fun for both".

So I think its the same as the ppl that "suffer" against gjabbers.

I played Bass two.days ago and we ended up 18-4 in my favor, and he only gjabed standing... Im not an online player by any means, what does that tells?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2