What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Characters like vandal savage, ra's al ghul and bane shouldn't even be in a fighting game. They don't have any unique abilities or gadgets. They are generic slightly superhuman/skilled humans. All of bane's moves can be replicated by anyone with low level superhuman strength.

KCJ506

Noob
Variations or no variations, roster isn't going to bigger than 24/25 at launch.
Yeah we'll be lucky if the initial roster even has 30 characters.

Problem is though, there are some people that don't seem to know how fighting games work and think that just because of the modern times and the technology that the developers still don't have limits and will call them lazy for not bringing back every character from the previous game or starting out with less than 30 characters. And then they try to use games like Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Marvel vs Capcom 2 as examples. Games which weren't made from scratch and took less time to do.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Characters like vandal savage, ra's al ghul and bane shouldn't even be in a fighting game. They don't have any unique abilities or gadgets. They are generic slightly superhuman/skilled humans. All of bane's moves can be replicated by anyone with low level superhuman strength.
No, all of those characters are awesome and could/should be in a fighting game because Bane was/is in a fighting game and it worked.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Been playing IGUA1 a lot lately and now that Ive got a little more perspective on fighters I realize just how solid Injustice was when playing against good pwople. Theres more footsies and neutral in Injustice than MKX by a landslid. Jumping wasnt even an issue in the 80 or so matches we played. Jumps ins arent even plus on block most times as I was getting poked out of follow ups and anti airing an general seems a thousand times better than mkx. I was getting Shazam d2 to beat out doomsday body splash into full combo cleany. Walk accelaration seemed to be the only thing really holding the game back besides a few nutty character specific things, but godamn the neutral was so real

Oh and Bane is broke LOL

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Vandal and Ra's are incredibly skilled humans, with literal lifetimes of combat experience. Why would you not be fine with them in the game, while being fine with Batman, who is still just an incredibly skilled human?

Bane has Venom in the game(although he hasn't had in in the comics since forever. Oh, wait, New52 made him a dumb brute who jucies on venom again), which brings him up to the level of superhuman.

Lastly...this game is adapating a world, a world where humans without powers constantly do miraculous things. How is that an issue, when MK games do even more unrealistic nonsense? I mean, what's Kano going to do against Shinnok or Raiden, really?
The thing is these characters don't have any iconic moves or powers, anything ra's can do with his sword can be done by Wonder Woman, amethyst and Beowulf. Anything that bane can do can be done by anyone with slight super-strength, From cyborg to doomsday. It's not about how powerful these characters are but how unique their powers and gadgets are. Batman is a martial artist with unique and iconic gadgets, sane with arrow. Bane's venom isn't anything unique, it doesn't make him shoot rainbows out of his a**. It's just a power up which boosts his existing moves.

What unique moves are ra's and vandal going to have?

Sword thrust? Choke slam? Pile driver? Shoulder tackle?

There are hundreds of DC characters who can do this plus more.

Your mortal kombat analogy is wrong, I m not talking about power levels rather visually unique abilities and powers.

Last edited:

Snoop88

Noob
I would rather bet that they will annouce Shaolin Monks 2 than Injustice 2. It's a MKX font. But maybe they will show two titles? SM2 and IGAU2? If there will be KP3 then they should fix already existing garbage tiers. There's no need to add another broken characters. Or add them and after some time nerf them to the ground. However adding Frost, Skarlet etc. in one character would be nice.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Banes Venom is a drug, not a power, and since it is a drug, he goes through withdrawl when not using it, hence venom makes him buff when using it but when in debuff he is actually weaker than his standard non-venom self. So no, you cant just give that to some other random character since its not a cookie cutter damage buff

The thing is these characters don't have any iconic moves or powers
Actually Bane has one of the most iconic moves in comics, maybe youve seen it before

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Bane_breaks_Batman.png

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Banes Venom is a drug, not a power, and since it is a drug, he goes through withdrawl when not using it, hence venom makes him buff when using it but when in debuff he is actually weaker than his standard non-venom self. So no, you cant just give that to some other random character since its not a cookie cutter damage buff

Wrong again

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Bane_breaks_Batman.png

So you think Swamp thing, grundy, superman, shazam, Wonder Woman, cyborg, Aquaman, captain atom, plastic man, blue beetle, doomsday, black adam, animal man, vixen, barda, grail and darkseid can't pick up a 220lbs man and do this?

Can bane shoot laser from his eyes? Create objects from thin air? Create boom tubes? Or water constructs? Super scream?
The answer is no, his moves revolve around his strength and there are characters who are thousands of times stronger than him. He doesn't have anything going for him other than being a batman villain.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah I wouldn't say dc is a train wreck at all, sure they'd just starting out in the movie verse but bvs wasn't nearly as bad as critics said and honestly you want train wreck yeah marvel shows lol DC owns them there easily as with games and animation, not even debatable.

Rebirth is already bringing back the old readers while new 52 has the newer ones with most of those characters staying.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I think your argument is a bit flimsy here.

Ra's is iconic in how he carries himself and how he acts. As a character, he isn't iconic because of his combat style. That's something that can be left open to NRS.

You sound like you want distinctive characters, except you want them to be distinctive in combat style. In which case, I don't think your complaint has any merit.

Zod and Superman have the exact same powers, yet play completely differently. You don't think NRS is capable of giving the only primarily swordbased player a unique set of moves?

Bane's powerup IS that it increases his strengths. Unless you don't think being able to bullcharge through any projectile should be considered a power?

I mean, I don't know, but are you really claiming it can't be done? That seems...premature, if nothing else.

For Ra's at least, he could use his sword as a projectile in a distinctive way, have distinctive parries...I wouldn't like it, but he would likely have some kind of healing factor for a trait.

So what? Is this really your argument? Most of the characters in MKX can do most of the same moves, on paper, but it is the implementation that matters. None of them really feel the same.

Same for Injustice. Nightwing, Green Arrow and Batman all are very similar on paper in terms of their skills and abilities, yet they all felt extremely different. As did Zod and Superman, as did Shazam and Black Adam.

I don't think my analogy is wrong, I think your argument is full of holes.

Above in your post, that I replied to, you are complaining too many moves are in common, or will be in common wit characters, despite evidence to the contrary.

If your primary concern is that they all feel visually different and have moves/gagdets/traits etc that all look and feel distinctive, I really don't think you should be worried.

Like I said, there are multiple characters in IIGAU who share the same skills or abilities, yet each characters feels distinctive. Do you disagree? Otherwise, what evidence do you have that NRS could not pull that off?

I don't like the variation system in MKX, but even in that each variation feels distinctive, to a point. I really don't think there is cause for concern on this point :\
You are arguing with me over nothing. It seems who you want these characters because of their name, not because they have anything unique going for them? I m sure NRS can them work but why waste slot on these characters when there are characters who can what they can do + more.

Batman and green arrow are not similar. Their gadgets are visually way different.

Zod shouldn't be in game either.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
You are arguing with me over nothing. It seems who you want these characters because of their name, not because they have anything unique going for them? I m sure NRS can them work but why waste slot on these characters when there are characters who can what they can do + more.

Batman and green arrow are not similar. Their gadgets are visually way different.

Zod shouldn't be in game either.
it doesn't matter if a character has an iconic move, what matters is that the character itself is iconic. batman is not cool because he can throw a batarang which just about anyone could do (and by your logic that means batman has no place in the game) they like batman because he is an interesting character. and the argument that they couldn't have a unique moveset is total bs. I guarantee you that out of the decades of materiel with these characters they can create something that makes them stand out from the rest.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
it doesn't matter if a character has an iconic move, what matters is that the character itself is iconic. batman is not cool because he can throw a batarang which just about anyone could do (and by your logic that means batman has no place in the game) they like batman because he is an interesting character. and the argument that they couldn't have a unique moveset is total bs. I guarantee you that out of the decades of materiel with these characters they can create something that makes them stand out from the rest.
Not everyone can throw a batarang because not everyone has it.

Poor bastards

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
The thing is these characters don't have any iconic moves or powers, anything ra's can do with his sword can be done by Wonder Woman, amethyst and Beowulf. Anything that bane can do can be done by anyone with slight super-strength, From cyborg to doomsday. It's not about how powerful these characters are but how unique their powers and gadgets are. Batman is a martial artist with unique and iconic gadgets, sane with arrow. Bane's venom isn't anything unique, it doesn't make him shoot rainbows out of his a**. It's just a power up which boosts his existing moves.

What unique moves are ra's and vandal going to have?

Sword thrust? Choke slam? Pile driver? Shoulder tackle?

There are hundreds of DC characters who can do this plus more.

Your mortal kombat analogy is wrong, I m not talking about power levels rather visually unique abilities and powers.
the thing is, Bane was one of, if not THE most well adapted character in the game in terms of bringing them to life in an fg. I would love to see Rha's and I think he could be made to fit well In the game

virtiqaL

Noob
The ultimate swerve?

The 'II' simply refers to Mortal Kombat 2, and will be a direct sequel to the rebooted Mortal Kombat (2011) and be the true MK9 sequel we have all been clamoring for.

One can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.