What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The only negative I have with Injustice going the legacy route, a lot of the Injustice cast was pretty straight forward and boring to play.

Like Batman and Aquaman need some tweaks to diversify their gameplay, but Superman? They need to heavily rework that mother fucker.
He needs a whole new set of normals and a few new specials.
That dude was just so bland to play in that game.

trufenix

bye felicia
Getting some very ground zero-esque feels from that metropolis stage. Wonder how the Ace o' Clubs got re-built first. Maybe the ghettos were somehow spared that would mean some characters might have survived the blast.

ZYZZBRAH

The rain falls where it may.
Well i never played injustice and with the same moves returning for some characters, i think i'm going to be able to prepare for this playing injustice 1

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ohh I'm so using Supergirl!!

Supergirl=Scorpion and Fujin with zoning tools. Fujin wind funnel and Scorp's teleport, full screen heat vision? Yes!! That whirlwind made me so happy :)

Last edited:

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
The only negative I have with Injustice going the legacy route, a lot of the Injustice cast was pretty straight forward and boring to play.

Like Batman and Aquaman need some tweaks to diversify their gameplay, but Superman? They need to heavily rework that mother fucker.
Uhhhh what? You might have never seen Darth Arma's batman or Darksyde Dash's Kal

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Love the legacy movesets. I'm sure animations will get slight tweaks as time goes on, but this is good. It's building heavily upon the previous game. That's a very good thing as far as a competitive fighter goes.

The combo escape looks amazing, and it looks like either the escapes have character specific properties, or they can be directed. It also seems like they can be baited and punished, as Aquaman did his typical BnB and landed the FTD when the opponent attempted to escape it.

Shorter clashes, with varying knockback distance. Wonder if that's character specific though.

I'm reeeeeeeally looking forward to this game now!

I've always thought his design fit the character perfectly. Really strong and effective but ultimately basic simple and straightforward tools.

Is it pretty blase? Absolutely, but speaking as a self professed Supes fan....the character is kinda that way a lot of times also.

Shorter clashes, with varying knockback distance. Wonder if that's character specific though
Ohh...that's a subtle thing with potentially big implications. Too early to tell at this stage obviously, but rushdown characters getting a closer clash distance versus zoning characters would be really interesting.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Returning normals, strings, and movesets which will be adjusted for the new game is literally the best possible outcome in every way. Mind blowing that some people would actually be against it.
I mean that's easy for you to say coming from a game like Tekken where they do that every game, it's just that with Injustice the moves/gameplan of some characters were so boring that people might not want that back. Never mind that NRS' signature is changing things up drastically every game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Where to they get these sycophantic interviewers from? Can not they at least ask ONE question that might be relevant?

IS GEAR SPECIFICITY LINKED TO THE POWERING UP? OR CAN YOU CHOOSE GEAR SOLELY ON AESTHETICS BUT STILL GET WHAT EVER POWER UPS YOU WANT?

This is the real burning question for the community. Will it be like a MMO where you need to gear grind and then as the game life gose on everyone ends up in the same gear.... or can you make aesthetic choices of gear that you just like the look of and the power up stats are assignable to the gear.

Or something like that...

trufenix

bye felicia
Ohh...that's a subtle thing with potentially big implications. Too early to tell at this stage obviously, but rushdown characters getting a closer clash distance versus zoning characters would be really interesting.
I hope if they do it at all they leave the choice to the player, either via inputs or the amount of meter waged or something. They keep beating this "play the way you want to" drum, they shouldn't pigeonhole a character a zoner or rushdown, that's everything thats wrong with SF5 right now.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i seriously doubt this is final, but if for some reason it is then its lazy af. to keep ALL the same normals and specials AND animations, i dont think any fighting game has ever done that. in SF they have the same/similar ones but never cut and pasted animations and stances.

I'm definitely not on board with aquaman literally being a reskin from injustice 1. I am okay with having SOME same normals and special moves but I'll wait until it drops before I freak out.

I'm not sure how I feel about the breaker thing that keeps going o
n. That's the main reason I never liked KI. If you make a mistake you should have to pay for it. But again we'll have to see cause if you have to spend resources (meter) to break it then I'm sure it'll be fine.

However anyway you slice it this game is gonna be HYPE!

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Mmm I freaking love the MB B3/F3 system the first game in the Injustice series had. Glad it's returning. Hopefully people can't just panic armour in the neutral lol.
I never used Batman and am not able to recall, but is this the same MBF3 he had in IGAU? If so, its interesting that it did not launch like a MBF3 used to...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Mmm I freaking love the MB B3/F3 system the first game in the Injustice series had. Glad it's returning. Hopefully people can't just panic armour in the neutral lol.
It looks like being hit during an armoured F3/B3 delays the startup of the move.

Either that or they've made them slower/I'm wrong.

You can see that they went with a stagger system instead of a bounce. Promoting dash-in combos for more movement/wallcarry or just better grounded punishment?