What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 at E3 2016 Thread

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Yeah, he's a transition, but there's still hope. Martian Manhunter was a background character and Doomsday was an interactable, so there's no reason a transition character can't be playable.
I like your attitude. I'm still hopeful as well. He would be very interesting and unique to play. #keephopealiveBM

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
They will probably add DLC to unlock all the gear for like $30 lol.
Right, just like unlocking the Krypt in MKX. I'm sure it will happen, which to me, nullifies the whole point of the gear, and putting ANY emphasis on gear.

I'm actually counting on it because fuck grinding. I want to play the fucking fighting game, not WoW.

However, I'm worried they're going to go with a more complex method of sale, like selling you pieces of gear in $5 packs, or one by one for $1. Hell, or like $20 to deck out one character with full gear. That would fucking blow.

Watch them develop some kind of trade market for gear and then limit how much you can hold.

Right, just like unlocking the Krypt in MKX. I'm sure it will happen, which to me, nullifies the whole point of the gear, and putting ANY emphasis on gear.

I'm actually counting on it because fuck grinding. I want to play the fucking fighting game, not WoW.

However, I'm worried they're going to go with a more complex method of sale, like selling you pieces of gear in $5 packs, or one by one for $1. Hell, or like $20 to deck out one character with full gear. That would fucking blow.

Watch them develop some kind of trade market for gear and then limit how much you can hold.

Said it before when they started selling fatality coins in MKX, and I'll say it again here:

If it means long term support and them not abandoning the game after 1 year then they can bleed the filthy casuals dry.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Screenshot:
Sorry if this has been covered but the thread is 20 pages long....

Dose anyone know what the values are in blue here?

Reading some of the thread and my own thinking I though the gear system was kind of like the variation system with actual powers and special moves linked to gear.. but this makes it look like the gear is just stats..

The bar shows STRENGTH, ????, DEFENCE, HEALTH.

and I think it is those values that gear is in fact improving.. not adding moves or changing normals and stuff?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I thought it was on an hour from now?
Nope, it actually just ended around 20 minutes ago. Don't worry though, they didn't show anything new. Just more of the same.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah -- You get gear, and in the simplest terms, that gear is like costume pieces that actually powers up your character. So I could make a defensive Batman, but you could make a offensive Batman, and maybe we will find each other online and we would both have our own Batman."

Stuff like that.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't know if it's been said but Wonder Woman was confirmed by WB.

http://www.warnerbros.com/studio/news/warner-bros-entertainment-and-dc-entertainment-celebrate-75-years-wonder-woman

The way Boon was talking about Manta in I believe the IGN intro sounded like "hey if you make a big enough fuss who knows". So keep asking for him if you want him. At least would get him considered for DLC.
Thanks for posting! For anyone who doesn't want to find the part where they confirmed her, here it is:

"Wonder Woman returns as a major player in the upcoming video game “Injustice 2,” the highly anticipated sequel in development by NetherRealm Studios to be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2017."

Jynks

"Wonder Woman returns as a major player in the upcoming video game “Injustice 2,” the highly anticipated sequel in development by NetherRealm Studios to be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2017."
It is nice to have confirmation but no one actually thought WW would not be in the game right? I mean that would be like making a Street Fighter and leaving out Chun-Li or Ken or something. She will be in EVERY injustice for all time, and probably ANY game set in the DC universe.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
It is nice to have confirmation but no one actually thought WW would not be in the game right? I mean that would be like making a Street Fighter and leaving out Chun-Li or Ken or something. She will be in EVERY injustice for all time, and probably ANY game set in the DC universe.
Chun li did get left out of sf3 until third strike, crazier things have happened.

I wanna know how the gear system is gonna work with alts, is the gear on top of the alt skin or is gear the alt, if so doesn't the fact it's random parts for random characters make it grating to get an entire set, I don't want mismatched outfits, like the entire outfit is complete but you never get the boots so supergirl just left looking a hot mess in odd socks waiting for dat drop.

I also hope they have the official Cavil and Affleck faces with their bvs alt skins like they do on mobile.

Jynks

Chun li did get left out of sf3 until third strike, crazier things have happened.
hah.. ok bad example.. be like leaving out Ken in a street fighter game. If there are any "auto-includes" for injustice it is Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.. no one can deny this. The DC Trinity is a lock for every Injustice for as long as the franchise exists.

Jynks

it is like everyone that interviews them is to much of a pussy to ask ANY questions that might actually interest the competitive community. Just look at this thread and there are a ton of questions right here we all wana know badly..