What's new

TYM this is much needed...health campaign 2015 #gympic

Will you join the TYM Health Campaign 2015 #gympic ?

• Yes!

• No!

• Another thread from Fly? Good god please just stop this is stupid. "Sorry guys I am bored"

Results are only viewable after voting.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
During my lunch breaks every day: there is a trail just outside my office that I like to go walk a couple of laps on. Each lap happens to actually be one mile (there are markers spread along the trail). I get an hour-long lunch break, and I just bring my own lunch to work every day and eat at my desk (so I'm not considered to be on my lunch break, as I also work while eating at my desk).

I always feel great afterwards. Even just taking the time to go out for a strong walk for about 30 - 40 minutes every day or every other day can help! Though, it helps me to bring my iPod and just focus on the music while I walk, and not so much focus on the walk itself.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well 1. Probably is not going to happen...
2.I already do so not an issue
3.I already can't drink beer or soda but are you saying even large babies are out of the question... Thats a tough
I refuse to be the facebook shirtless guy but I live for the gym.

I posted a pic in the TYM pics page and have no fucking clue how to do it again... @Espio you can you move that pic over here?

i was waiting for you to arrive. We made made it folks!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
During my lunch breaks every day: there is a trail just outside my office that I like to go walk a couple of laps on. Each lap happens to actually be one mile (there are markers spread along the trail). I get an hour-long lunch break, and I just bring my own lunch to work every day and eat at my desk (so I'm not considered to be on my lunch break, as I also work while eating at my desk).

I always feel great afterwards. Even just taking the time to go out for a strong walk for about 30 - 40 minutes every day or every other day can help! Though, it helps me to bring my iPod and just focus on the music while I walk, and not so much focus on the walk itself.
That's what I'm talking about!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I just recently got done with a 3 week long case of food poisoning (seriously... three weeks) and lost 15 pounds because of it. Super upset, but it makes me that much more hungry to reach my goal weight by mid-year and end-year.

Also, I don't want to change my avatar because my pic of my dog licking Captain America's ass still makes me laugh.

LETS MAKE THE NRS COMMUNITY THE MOST FIT FGC COMMUNITY!!!!!! #allgamersarentoverweight

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Interesting to see this thread because I was thinking over the last few weeks that getting in shape and becoming a better gamer are at least somewhat mutually exclusive. Let's do both - get in the kinda of shape that you'd have to be in to actually succeed in a real fight in the MK universe!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Real talk, if you just cut out soda and grab the sun chips over the doritos, you're already on your way to better health. I'd be all over this campaign if it weren't for my 50 work week and 20 hours of school crap, I miss my muscles (to the 5 people who've seen me here, I used to be slightly muscular rather than the Skinny Minnie I am now)

D

Deleted member 35141

Its avery awesome thing your doing.
I really do hate the stereotypes though that gamers are beer swelling fat chip junkies.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This is a good idea, I've been steadily increasing my weight training since late last year and have noticed some real improvements this past few weeks. I'm not nearly swole enough to post pics yet though, I'm extremely lean at the moment and building up mass is my next real goal. I'm not looking to be the next @Decay but my build doesn't really reflect my current strength. Which isn't the end of the world but still...

For the buff dudes, any general tips on building mass? Do bear in mind I am naturally super thin, my metabolism is ridiculousy fast and since doing more training it's become even faster.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@flipkev
@Pig Of The Hut

This is a good idea, I've been steadily increasing my weight training since late last year and have noticed some real improvements this past few weeks. I'm not nearly swole enough to post pics yet though, I'm extremely lean at the moment and building up mass is my next real goal. I'm not looking to be the next @Decay but my build doesn't really reflect my current strength. Which isn't the end of the world but still...

For the buff dudes, any general tips on building mass? Do bear in mind I am naturally super thin, my metabolism is ridiculousy fast and since doing more training it's become even faster.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@flipkev
@Pig Of The Hut
I'm in the same boat. To gain weight I really had to eat a ton and stack up on supplements, which I did't like. I don't want to ruin my metabolism and eat more than I normally do to get buff. So I settled for yoga, which I love!

But if you really want to get big, you are asking the right people! Good luck!

Decay

King of the Bill

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@flipkev
@Pig Of The Hut
You're going to have to find a way to increase your caloric intake. If you are normally lean, and you want to add mass, calories are the way to go, and you might have to go overboard if your metabolism makes it hard to gain. Just my 2 cents.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
In a game like poker, your physical health is very important especially if you're traveling and playing in live tournaments. Some tournaments last days with you playing for 14+ hours a day. It also helps you mentally being in good shape. While gaming tournaments may not be as physically demanding, or mentally because not as much money is on the line, I think the aspect is there. When your mind and body are in sync, you just naturally perform better in everything you do.

So yeah, definitely keeping this in the fighting philosophy sub forum. For the record, I'm not in good shape at all, but I'm definitely working on it! I'm not severely overweight or anything, just not in shape. @AK L0rdoftheFLY

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You can workout while you play video games which actually helps a lot.

Back in the MK9 days when I used to play ranked matches a shit ton, I would do dumbell lifts in between ranked matches. So let's say I played ranked matches for 5 hours straight, maybe after every 3 ranked matches I would do a set of 15 either curls or lawn mower pulls. So after that 5 hours I got a damn good workout in, and kicked a lot of ass in MK9 lmao. All you need for this is a 10 pound or 15 pound dumbbell, no need to get heavy. Especially if you're doing it every 3 ranked matches, maybe you want to start off easy at first and lift every 5 ranked matches

It's kind of sad I never did this for Injustice, maybe I'll have to bring back this routine for MKX :D To being healthy!!!

I work out 3/4 times a week: workout day -> rest day -> workout day. People should definitely start working out, it keeps you healthy and you will also feel better. Working out also increases my appetite and allows me to eat more. Who wouldnt like to eat more? Ladies love guys who work out. This doesnt mean you have to be all buff, you just need to take care of yourself more.