What's new

TYM this is much needed...health campaign 2015 #gympic

Will you join the TYM Health Campaign 2015 #gympic ?

• Yes!

• No!

• Another thread from Fly? Good god please just stop this is stupid. "Sorry guys I am bored"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe one of you guys can help me? Ive been lifting for about 7 months the first month I used to get form down but after I developed a routine where I try to work out each muscle group twice a week. I add usually 5 lbs. each week or two to each exorcise but I'm not really gaining much weight or looking bigger. So I'm putting in the work but not getting all the results, tips?
In my opinion. Working out each muscle twice a week is superfluous. You're not giving your muscle enough time to repair themselves. To gain mass, you need to be lifting heavy with average reps. Ex: 10, 8, 8,6. Then, make sure you're getting enough protein. Protein is essential in growing muscle. If you don't mind me asking. How much do you weigh?

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
In my opinion. Working out each muscle twice a week is superfluous. You're not giving your muscle enough time to repair themselves. To gain mass, you need to be lifting heavy with average reps. Ex: 10, 8, 8,6. Then, make sure you're getting enough protein. Protein is essential in growing muscle. If you don't mind me asking. How much do you weigh?
Also it's better to raise your weights by 2.5lbs every week. Make sure you're doing some compound exercises such as chest press/barbell press along with isolation for the fastest growth!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Maybe one of you guys can help me? Ive been lifting for about 7 months the first month I used to get form down but after I developed a routine where I try to work out each muscle group twice a week. I add usually 5 lbs. each week or two to each exorcise but I'm not really gaining much weight or looking bigger. So I'm putting in the work but not getting all the results, tips?
If you are looking to build muscle then you want to do higher weight and lower reps. You may already know that, but just in case.

It could also have to do with your diet. Make sure you get tons of protein and aren't eating a whole bunch of junk.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is a common problem that stems from not eating enough. Simple as that. Increase your calories (not just protein) increase your muscle mass.

Heavy weight is not what gets size. It is purely a volume thing. If you combine heavy and volume then it's even better.

How many overall reps and sets do you do per muscle?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Daily swole report:

Swam (is that a word?) 700 meters and ran 3 miles.

Did 8 sets of bench - 135lbs for max reps with 30 sec of rest #torched!

Did 8 sets of pull ups the same way #nausia!

Shady

Noob
I'm down with promoting physical activity and everything. I think people shouldn't forget to exercise and do whatever. For my part, I already sit at a desk for work for over 8 hours so when I need to squeeze in something I either hit the gym every day or am in 2 leagues (soccer & basketball) to keep in shape. Quitting smoking helped too. Went from 250 in the summer to to 220 and then to 235. So a good transition taking place here (6'5, in case 200+ seemed too big :p)

I will not however post a gym pic as I hate the whole fucking culture of people taking gym selfies. The truth is should go to the gym for yourself, to feel good, to be healthy and to improve yourself. It's not for others that you do it. More so, I think everyone has different body types, metabolism, etc. so everyone is different so someone showing off their "gains" may look different for different people. Gym selfies are just a part of a narcissistic bullshit culture. Why do you need approval that you go to the gym? Just fucking do it for yourself man.

/RANT

The actual idea of promoting a healthy lifestyle in this community I'm a 100% behind though. Let's just find a different way.

EDIT:

TOC EdDoughBoy

Jax Bruh
This is a common problem that stems from not eating enough. Simple as that. Increase your calories (not just protein) increase your muscle mass.

Heavy weight is not what gets size. It is purely a volume thing. If you combine heavy and volume then it's even better.

How many overall reps and sets do you do per muscle?
Usually 2 sets of 10 after a warm up. But for some things like dead lifts 3 sets of 5. If eating more is the solution that's what I'll do.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Usually 2 sets of 10 after a warm up. But for some things like dead lifts 3 sets of 5. If eating more is the solution that's what I'll do.
eating more will help quite a bit but only if the volume is there.

I would recommend this:
Instead of increasing your weight per exercise by 5 lbs every two weeks, try increase the number of over all reps you do by 5.

For example:
You currently do Deadlifts 3 sets of 5 for 15 total reps.
Week 2-3 aim to get that up to 15-20 total reps.

Do that for every exercise until you are between these ranges

• Chest: 60-120 reps per week.
  • Back: 60-120 reps per week.
  • Quadriceps: 60-120 reps per week.
  • Hamstrings: 60-120 reps per week.
  • Shoulders: 30-60 reps per week.
  • Biceps: 30-60 reps per week.
  • Triceps: 30-60 reps per week.
  • Calves: 30-60 reps per week.
  • Abs: 30-60 reps per week.
Once you get the volume where it should be, your calories where it should be, and the wight where it should be, you will most definitely see better results.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I love the fact you're trying to raise a serious issue. It's even worse for the kids of this generation, because they get a PS3/4 and an iPhone shoved in their hand when they are 5, so why would they want to go outside?

I consider myself lucky. I've been gaming since I was 5, but I also knew how to get out and skate, run around with friends, swim, etc.

But I also spent many teenage years gaming almost non-stop (whether FPS/RPG/etc), and I never fluctuated above or below more than 10 lbs.

I turned 21, still gaming hard, and started drinking while playing.

Still no weight gained.

All I'm saying is people are different. I have a friend who eats and games all day long, and is skinny as a pole. I also have a another friend who barely games and barely eats and he's overweight.

It's just kind of ridiculous, people need to find their own rhythm.

As Lewis Black says "what's good for one of you, may kill the person sitting next to you"

I love the fact you're trying to raise a serious issue. It's even worse for the kids of this generation, because they get a PS3/4 and an iPhone shoved in their hand when they are 5, so why would they want to go outside?

I consider myself lucky. I've been gaming since I was 5, but I also knew how to get out and skate, run around with friends, swim, etc.

But I also spent many teenage years gaming almost non-stop (whether FPS/RPG/etc), and I never fluctuated above or below more than 10 lbs.

Still no weight gained.

All I'm saying is people are different. I have a friend who eats and games all day long, and is skinny as a pole. I also have a another friend who barely games and barely eats and he's overweight.

As Lewis Black says "what's good for one of you, may kill the person sitting next to you"
It's really important to note that just because you don't gain weight doesn't mean your body internally is healthy.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Still no weight gained.

Yea what joe said. At 21 you never see the outer repercussions of your habits. It's down the line you will regret them.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just a quick update to my food post: one of my favorite foods is guacamole, and I decided to research how healthy it is. On Quora, this is the most popular answer I got:

Guacamole is good for you, no matter which way you slice it. In fact, guacamole should be considered a so-called "superfood." It has raw garlic (1), avocados (2), lime juice (3), cilantro (4), onions (5), and jalapenos (6)...plus some salt and pepper. Some people add tomatoes as well.

With guacamole, you're getting a powerhouse of unprocessed, fresh nutrition with every bite. Eating the guac with baked whole wheat pita chips or vegetables (or as a substitute for mayo on a sandwich) is better for you healthwise than, say, consuming it with tortilla or potato chips. Even adding it to your regular diet is a smart move from a nutritional standpoint. Whether or not studies which claim that one or more of the ingredients in guacamole later turn out to be wrong or exaggerated, it's no leap of faith to suggest that eating a dip made with fresh, green ingredients is far more healthier for you than...well - processed nacho cheese dip in a can.
My local grocery chain actually makes their own fresh guacamole and packages it for sale. A huge thing of it (easily a week's worth) is like $6.00. I've been using it as a dip for celery sticks. At first I wasn't sure if they would go together, but it's actually pretty good and quite filling.

Last edited:

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
I have no idea how i'm supposed to work, work out, and play MKX as just one person. Is cloning an option yet?