What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I was kinda hoping he'd use fish in the fights lol. Woulda been nice to have a low projectile of a shark swimming across the stage

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm more hype for Aquaman than any other character in the game right now tbh, looks to me like he has all the tools to be a killa.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
That might have been some over excitement...but he is one of the first that I will try
who else are you liking the look of fly? im digging shazam(raiden) and sinestro (shang tsung) aswell. johnny grundy's looking really good too as is skarlet arrow.c'mon fly you know your digging that fast as fuck green arrow slide!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
who else are you liking the look of fly? im digging shazam(raiden) and sinestro (shang tsung) aswell. johnny grundy's looking really good too as is skarlet arrow.c'mon fly you know your digging that fast as fuck green arrow slide!
Honestly, everyone looks good.

My list:
Bane!!!!
Aquaman
Cyborg (looks broken)
Shazam
GL
Batman
Green arrow

Snakewise

Warwilf?
Nothing quite makes me happier than how Aquaman appears to be turning out. I may be a Superman fanboy, but if I set my bias aside, I don't think I like the look of how anyone plays more so than Aquaman.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nothing quite makes me happier than how Aquaman appears to be turning out. I may be a Superman fanboy, but if I set my bias aside, I don't think I like the look of how anyone plays more so than Aquaman.
He looks like a pretty well rounded character based on what's been shown. Not to mention he has got dat SWAG!

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
im just glad my slow,old eyes finally managed to see that he does have a tridant projectile afterall,thank fuck for that.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
"Aquaman is super dope too. Cvs2 guys will love him. He has the best projectile party ever, ehonda HHS, a trident that aa u anywhere"
From Arturos twitter

I played the demo at pax. After jumping around a bit I ended up playing mostly Aquaman. I played a lot of games with him so I know a little about the character now.

His gimmick is kinda like jades glow. He gets all watery and while in that state projectiles pass through him... sometimes. Not exactly sure how it works. Like, I activated once and Deathstroke shot his machine gun and it went right through Aquaman and Im like, ok, this is glow. But later I got shot even though I was activated. I think it only works while youre not attacking, or something? Anyways it is tied to its own meter, when you activate the meter goes down and when its empty you cant use it again for a few seconds. Comes back pretty fast though.

He has 5 specials:

Down back light: launcher that reverses positions. Hits low.

Down forward light: that move where he stabs you a whole bunch.you can ex it for more stabs. You can spend the bar to ex it even if it whiffs, which I would not have expected. EDIT: This move is invincible on wakeup.

Down back medium: projectile that appears under the opponent. Tracks them wherever they are. The tracking is really good, I never saw it miss the opponent. Pops them up on hit, if close enough you can combo after. The ex spikes them down after the initial pop up.

Back forward medium: standard straight moving projectile, duckable.

Down down heavy: water shield. Aquaman has full super armor as long as you hold the button down but cannot move. You still take damage so im not clear what the point of this is.

Some cool normals i used a lot:

Standing heavy: aquaman swings his trident in a big arc. Huge hitbox on this.

Crouching medium:ridiculous anti air, the hitbox is huge and it pops up for a combo. Okay against grounded opponents too although the hitbox does not extend horizontally as much as standing heavy.

Forward heavy: overhead that launches. Reminds me of jades staff overhead.

Jumping heavy: none of Aquamans jumping normals seem good air to air, so if you and your opponent both jump you are probably in some trouble. They also all have small hitboxes that will lose to a lot of grounded normals. This one seems the best of his jumping normals because it can cross up pretty ambiguously.

Malec

Noob
MK Peanuts

about his gimmik and the meter cost, how fast dose it drain your meter? and can you activate and deactivate the trait like you want?

edit: do you even mean the super meter? or dose his trait has an own meter, like supermans rage were he is in the rage mode for 5 secs and then its on a short cooldown?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I have heard in multiple previews of the game that when he is all watery he falls out of combos faster.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I need a confirm on that too. What exactly is his trait? Drops out of combos?

And he has a parry I've heard. Is it the water shield?

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't said much about Aquaman even though he's going to be one of my major focuses, but hearing he also is a counterzoner like my current mains got me even more interested.

I wanna use his DLC season pass costume, that one is the best in my opinion.

Hearing about his long ranged normal is exciting to me, I love whiff punishing and good footsies so he might get higher priority than I had planned.