What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Character Biography --

Cast out from Atlantis as a baby, Arthur Curry grew up on land, thinking himself a normal human, but when he matured, Atlantis returned, claiming him as their rightful King. Caught between a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and Atlanteans looking to last out in revolt, he's committed to protecting the entire globe. Read More >

This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

Reedoms

Noob
They could go for the fun Brave and the Bold style but judging from the rest of the cast they seem to be going for a more serious type. My guess is he will either be his 90's hook hand or current Trident wielding bishi.

Aquaman's moveset will probably revolve around the Trident of Neptune. That means water and lightning based attacks and good pokes.

Aquaman is an "interesting" character.
Actually he is not likeable at all as a superhero, since you simply can't care about him. There are better outsiders than Aquaman, so probably the main reason is gone.
Other than that he is a hero, who spends a lot of time under water, interacts with weird beings and characters and his backstory / adventures are not really something you can relate to. You simply can't. It's like Thor and Marvel.
But there are the Superfrieds and that really ruined his reputation. Now DC is trying to back him up to get rid of the bad image, since they obviously want to sell Aquaman comics, which are quite good by the way. The current on-going is better than Superman's and that is crazy.

In Injustice he will be a badass without a doubt, probably pretty much high tier, mainly because they will try to simply make him badass and likeable. I would still wonder if people would actually stick to him, rather than play with characters they like more.

Expect Superman, Batman and Joker to be the most used characters online! Up to a specific rank of course.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
You know it would be cool if Aquaman could flood the arena a bit. Making other characters walk and dash slower, while fish jump out and tail flip or something.
Oh he can summon his pokemon

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
ZAQ -I hope Aquaman is in this game because there are always worthless characters in fighting games. At least if he is in it, a good character won't be wasted in his place. Shoutouts to Jade and Sindel players

Those are fighting words don't make me go get Espio, he's craycray.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I hope Aquaman is in this game because there are always worthless characters in fighting games. At least if he is in it, a good character won't be wasted in his place. Shoutouts to Jade and Sindel players.
Please entertain me with your extensive knowledge of Aquaman's character, or get bodied by a "worthless" character upon release and go cry to your butt buddy moderators.

Aquaman is cute.
He would be the first Male I ever main in ANY fighting game.
Aquaman is not "cute", fuck off.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Character Biography --
Cast out from Atlantis as a baby, Arthur Curry grew up on land, thinking himself a normal human, but when he matured, Atlantis returned, claiming him as their rightful King. Caught between a surface world constantly ravaging the sea and Atlanteans looking to last out in revolt, he's committed to protecting the entire globe. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!