What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

Zenrot

Noob
I am very confident there is going to be a trait nerf.

What are aquamans best options vs grundy? Does he have any grab immune normals or specials? Obviously jump back 2 is pretty tasty vs walking corpse just curious if theres other things.
F3 puts you airborne and B3 can lean out of range if done well

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So..... I am trying really hard to get money for SJ. Hopefully i can represent for you guys if I go. Anyway.... I am thinking about switching to Green Lantern. I believe in Aquaman as a character, HOWEVER, there are a few reasons for the switch. As a player, GL fits me better in my opinion. I really like his aerial rockets for space control, and obviously b1 is godlike. Also, his oki is absolutely ridiculous. My second reason, is quite frankly, the Aquaman forums are dead. Nothing is being posted, top players dont want to contribute, etc. I want a character that I have people to brainstorm with, to help me out, etc. I havent made my decision yet, but we will see.

Zenrot

Noob
So..... I am trying really hard to get money for SJ. Hopefully i can represent for you guys if I go. Anyway.... I am thinking about switching to Green Lantern. I believe in Aquaman as a character, HOWEVER, there are a few reasons for the switch. As a player, GL fits me better in my opinion. I really like his aerial rockets for space control, and obviously b1 is godlike. Also, his oki is absolutely ridiculous. My second reason, is quite frankly, the Aquaman forums are dead. Nothing is being posted, top players dont want to contribute, etc. I want a character that I have people to brainstorm with, to help me out, etc. I havent made my decision yet, but we will see.
Sad to see you go if you do, you're a damn solid Aquaman.

As far as the dead forums, I really think Aquaman has hit a developmental wall. Max damage with no interactable is a tight link that caps at 43%. He gets 48%ish in the corner. Water shield has potential, and Water Shield Cancels and Brady's 6 frame gap strings are my go-to pressure that I don't see enough Aquamen use, but I don't think this character has a lot of secret tech that is left to find.

He's hit the sea-wall, if you will.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Sad to see you go if you do, you're a damn solid Aquaman.

As far as the dead forums, I really think Aquaman has hit a developmental wall. Max damage with no interactable is a tight link that caps at 43%. He gets 48%ish in the corner. Water shield has potential, and Water Shield Cancels and Brady's 6 frame gap strings are my go-to pressure that I don't see enough Aquamen use, but I don't think this character has a lot of secret tech that is left to find.

He's hit the sea-wall, if you will.
Thank you. I will be sure still playing him as a secondary, and I will still post here as much as possible. And yeah, he is a very simple character, very fundamentally based. That isnt necessarily bad, but it can be boring haha.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Do any of you guys think that he might get a Black Manta DLC skin in the future? Im hoping for that, or him being a whole character

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Try other chars as well....green lantern is too easy. I have way more fun winning with with Aquaman than I ever did with GL. You could try batman or deathstroke or even grundy, depends on what you like... also MMH is fun as hell

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Try other chars as well....green lantern is too easy. I have way more fun winning with with Aquaman than I ever did with GL. You could try batman or deathstroke or even grundy, depends on what you like... also MMH is fun as hell
Green lantern is perfect because he is easy. And good. No character can be too easy for me, that doesnt deter me away. In fact, it may make them even better in my eyes. Plus GL fits my playstyle very very well. I am not switching characters because I am bored, I am switching because I believe GL will give me a better chance to win as a player.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Green lantern is perfect because he is easy. And good. No character can be too easy for me, that doesnt deter me away. In fact, it may make them even better in my eyes. Plus GL fits my playstyle very very well.
Well ok then. Go with GL..just dont pick the stupid yellow one

Zenrot

Noob
Thank you. I will be sure still playing him as a secondary, and I will still post here as much as possible. And yeah, he is a very simple character, very fundamentally based. That isnt necessarily bad, but it can be boring haha.
I agree. I play about 7 characters out of boredom because I don't like any as much as Aquaman, but Aquaman just doesn't have things to lab and learn. It's just all about learning the matchups as well as you can. Not a bad thing at all, just a very boring thing.

I'm going to start learning Black Adam on the side. He's not particularly in depth either, but his playstyle is a lot of fun and his combos are too flashy.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
imo it should be a limit per round or something you have to manually recover, otherwise he just plays his usual defense and he'll always have it when you finally get in and open him up
I dont think they could change that... but 12 seconds is fair enough...he's minus on like every special that opens up people for combos

Zenrot

Noob
Lol doubling Aquaman's trait cooldown time. Awesome, now we can't even do our normal BnB's because they aren't hit-confirmable! Everybody get used to doing b123 combos for 35%.

We can at least Trident Rush everyone for 30% right? Oh wait, people punish that now too.

Before we talk about hitting Aquaman with his what is it, 5th? nerf, maybe we should nerf the characters that are better than him at least one time, right? NRS.... right... right NRS? No? Okay :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lol doubling Aquaman's trait cooldown time. Awesome, now we can't even do our normal BnB's because they aren't hit-confirmable! Everybody get used to doing b123 combos for 35%.

We can at least Trident Rush everyone for 30% right? Oh wait, people punish that now too.

Before we talk about hitting Aquaman with his what is it, 5th? nerf, maybe we should nerf the characters that are better than him at least one time, right? NRS.... right... right NRS? No? Okay :(
O boy

Good luck Aquaman forums

Zenrot

Noob
O boy

Good luck Aquaman forums
Relax fun police, I'm joking. Tee hee.

Real talk:

I don't care that Aquaman has gotten so many nerfs. He's good as shit, and still will be even if his trait gets cut more. I'm just sick of hearing whining about him. Remember how Batgirl literally couldn't touch him, now if she uses meter she can actually punish him instead of just bouncing off his trait 100% of the time? Characters have stuff, I wish more people would find it instead of just saying "NRS nerf please, THIS TIME we're gonna get it right!" because it's worked so well so far.

All the constant patching is never satisfying anyone. Every new patch there's a new thing to nerf, because lab time is for scrubs.

TYM Hit list:
~ Low Guns

~ Eye Lasers (coming soon?)

~ Aquaman Trait

~ Aquaman Trait Again

~ Scorpion. Just... the whole character

nymous

Noob
Okay, so I'm confused about trait. You're suppose to be able to block the next hit while being comboed as long as you are not being juggled, correct? I must not be using this right because I'm not able to block after superman's freeze breath, catwoman's cat dash, batgirl's bola, etc. I'm holding backwards before I activate trait and it won't let me block the next hit after some of those attacks.