What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Just a couple of questions:

The frame data says Aquaman's D2 is -3 on block, but I'm sure it's more, as I can punish it with Batman's B2. I've tested this out quite a few times actually. I'm guessing this is another case of the frame data being off?

Another question, why does Aquaman's low scoop sometimes beat armored moves (say MB B3)?
Scoop is 2 hits, so it will break armor if the 1st part of the move hits. Also it is probably wrong frame data, I would put it closer to -7 or -8.

coolwhip

Noob
Scoop is 2 hits, so it will break armor if the 1st part of the move hits. Also it is probably wrong frame data, I would put it closer to -7 or -8.

Ah, I see about the scoop, thanks.

Batman's B1 is 8 frames and I can punish uppercut almost every time, so I'm pretty sure it's a bit more than -8 (I don't think I'm consistent enough to get a just frame punish every time).

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Ah, I see about the scoop, thanks.

Batman's B2 is 8 frames and I can punish uppercut almost every time, so I'm pretty sure it's a bit more than -8 (I don't think I'm consistent enough to get a just frame punish every time).
Ah okay. I was honestly being nice with the numbers because I really don't know off the top of my head. I'll just say its -12 until someone corrects me lol.

coolwhip

Noob
Ah okay. I was honestly being nice with the numbers because I really don't know off the top of my head. I'll just say its -12 until someone corrects me lol.

Yeah that sounds about right. To be clear, in my previous post I said B2, when I meant B1. Batman's B1 (his low kick) is 8 frames, not B2. Typo.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Ok, Aqua is cool and everything, but since the first week of the game I haven't learned anything new with this character except some minor things...I dont think Aquaman will "age" well per say...I'm starting to get really bored playing him.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I try posting things but not many are interested. Aquaman is not a tech heavy character. He can literally fight 90 percent of the cast with ground trident and b12 trident rush. There is strategy to discuss but no one wants to talk, and I can't do it by myself.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
coolwhip AK Stormthegates

I believe Aquamans D2 is -17. The frame data in-game was listed correctly before the latest patch and got changed for some reason, even though the move stayed the same.

Shawi

Noob
I try posting things but not many are interested. Aquaman is not a tech heavy character. He can literally fight 90 percent of the cast with ground trident and b12 trident rush. There is strategy to discuss but no one wants to talk, and I can't do it by myself.
Don't worry lad. I'll get you a box of tissues.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Aquaman by default is a great character, but people will start losing interest in him...even F23 breath gets more tech than Aqua...i dont know man, I'm really thinking of changing my main to Nightwing cause he's soo damn fun..i hope the last DLC's will be fate and hood and I like one of them so I can have another char to fight with except Aqua...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I honestly think players lack the fundamentals for Aquaman. He has super solid tools that are devastating when used well fundamentally, but there is no bullshit about him, besides his trait. He doesn't have the absurd normal like superman, but b1 is still amazing. Everything he does is great but not broken, and it takes a great player to understand and put that together, instead of other characters where you can rely on one part of the meta game.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I honestly think players lack the fundamentals for Aquaman. He has super solid tools that are devastating when used well fundamentally, but there is no bullshit about him, besides his trait. He doesn't have the absurd normal like superman, but b1 is still amazing. Everything he does is great but not broken, and it takes a great player to understand and put that together, instead of other characters where you can rely on one part of the meta game.

Always thought that as well. He is very fundamental driven. However he is still a very shallow character by design. Use b12 as a footsie tool, FTD for zoning, d2 for controlling air. At this point in the game the only thing that can be discovered for him minus setups with interactables is character matchups. Of course I might bite my tongue in the near future but until then its all cut and dry.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Always thought that as well. He is very fundamental driven. However he is still a very shallow character by design. Use b12 as a footsie tool, FTD for zoning, d2 for controlling air. At this point in the game the only thing that can be discovered for him minus setups with interactables is character matchups. Of course I might bite my tongue in the near future but until then its all cut and dry.
If his water shield MB would do 10% and have faster frames of starup we could find new tech for that.Make it like 8 frames

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I agree completely. The depth in the character is how effectively you use those basic tools. Unfortunately this community is one that wants those instant, obvious tools instead of learning how to perfectly space b12, or conditioning players to dash into ground trident. It's all too subtle for most.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I agree completely. The depth in the character is how effectively you use those basic tools. Unfortunately this community is one that wants those instant, obvious tools instead of learning how to perfectly space b12, or conditioning players to dash into ground trident. It's all too subtle for most.
Anyway, dude, you can't trident rush to victory every match...a lot of moves punish it.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Or instead you could work with the tools you have, perfecting your spacing and meter management.
I am ! I didnt say hes not good...he's one of the best chars in the games, its just so damn boring to play with him...i main Aquaman since day 1...at least something new....anything

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I am ! I didnt say hes not good...he's one of the best chars in the games, its just so damn boring to play with him...i main Aquaman since day 1...at least something new....anything
I apologize. That sounded harsh. I meant that we need to work with the tools we have

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Btw, in the in game frame data, what is f1 on block ? Im not at home so I cant check...i think it should be +3

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sadly, Aquaman, like several of the other top chars, is super basic. If I find anything interesting I'd post it, but so far, what you see is what you get. Most of the not straightforward, weird (broken) stuff he had was removed, like his OTGs and block infinite.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Sadly, Aquaman, like several of the other top chars, is super basic. If I find anything interesting I'd post it, but so far, what you see is what you get. Most of the not straightforward, weird (broken) stuff he had was removed, like his OTGs and block infinite.
Will you go to summer jam and play Aquaman ?