What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
3...4...5 ? first is superman and second adam, no question
Who knows, I don't know those other chars MUs so I don't think I would be able to accurately place them. I agree that there's little chance hes above #3.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
In my opinion the top 5 is Superman, Black Adam, Green lantern, Batgirl, and Aquaman. The order, I am not really sure. I dont think many have GL in there top 5, idk where people are putting batgirl either.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Dude, you're cool and everything but sometimes you really like to sound like the biggest smart ass ever...you're a married man, act more mature than this.
I am

This is my way of avoiding getting involved in a pointless debate w an Aquaman downplayer

Pig Of The Hut

All the top players talk about how this site is full of useless and unhelpful posts where they label posters as "cry babies". Please explain to me how your post of "lol" educated me into appreciating that I have a misunderstanding of the character? How is your post useful and how is it that your post will educate me?

The reason I say his trait is okay and the current cool down time is acceptable, is because it needs to be activated in anticipation (in many specific match ups). I cant see a d1 icearrow from GA and then trait, because I will get hit by the B3. For me I see that as the trait "not working". If the trait was to "work" in such a situation, then absolutely 1000000000% increase the cool down time to 12 seconds. Can I again stress that this is my opinion, before you take out that Zod rifle and send me to timbuktu.

P.S. Big fan of your work in the community!
After the patch and ill do a Kryptonite academy episode w Tom and We will go from there

It'll be interesting to see the changes if any, I "lol" because your post came off as massive downplaying of a current top 3 character

Pig Of The Hut

So anyway... what do you think Zod Aquaman is? Despite the fact that I had no idea what is going on, it seemed pretty even. You were just outplaying me.
I think ZOD is top 3-4

And I think ZOD Aquaman is 5-5 as the game stands now

I've not played an Aquaman yet that's changed my mind

I strongly believe it's an even tool set because in a lot of situations trait is not an issue

Overall Aquaman defines and dominates Mus so strong because of his trait and lucky for ZOD he has answers for it unlike most

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think ZOD is top 3-4

I strongly believe it's an even tool set because in a lot of situations trait is not an issue

Overall Aquaman defines and dominates Mus so strong because of his trait and lucky for ZOD he has answers for it unlike most
I could see Zod being that high. I had never player a Zod, let alone a Zod like yours, so you kind of put me in shock haha. He stops trait and can control space to compete with Aquaman. Seems even.

Pig Of The Hut

I could see Zod being that high. I had never player a Zod, let alone a Zod like yours, so you kind of put me in shock haha. He stops trait and can control space to compete with Aquaman. Seems even.
Be happy to play more and discuss MU

Jump at me more w ji2 at max range

Don't try to zone me , rush me down hard

Shawi

Noob
After the patch and ill do a Kryptonite academy episode w Tom and We will go from there

It'll be interesting to see the changes if any, I "lol" because your post came off as massive downplaying of a current top 3 character
You know what, I rate you for that reply. 5* seriously! But I was never trying to downplay at all - Aquaman, for me, comes in my top 4 - Superman, Black Adam, then Aquaman or Batman. That doesn't take away from the fact that he is well rounded.

If I were at NRS I'd change his trait completely. Have it something completely different - the idea behind his trait is just stupid but working with the tools given, maybe they could keep the duration and refresh times but reduce the rate of hit stun reduction. Then maybe against the flash, if you activate trait after being hit by the first of his kicks, the trait won't "work" - Therefore requiring more predictive activation.

And hell yeah get an Aquaman Academy episode! Loved the Raven one btw

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I'm gonna punch a wall real hard if they nerf aqua trait to shit and nerf a bit superman and do nothing to adam...

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I think ZOD is top 3-4

its not just his trait though,the amount of space he controls with his normals is ridiculous.i used to main aqua but when I was winning I used to just burst out laughing thinking to myself 'it really isn't me winning its just the character is stupid good'

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
its not just his trait though,the amount of space he controls with his normals is ridiculous.i used to main aqua but when I was winning I used to just burst out laughing thinking to myself 'it really isn't me winning its just the character is stupid good'
Ok, dude..what do you suggest ? take his trident out ? get outta here...we get it, guys...Aquaman is the best in the game, sooo fuckin broken...omg...whatever

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Ok, dude..what do you suggest ? take his trident out ? get outta here...we get it, guys...Aquaman is the best in the game, sooo fuckin broken...omg...whatever
lol wtf are u talking about? I didn't say anything about nerfing aquaman,I was just stating some stuff.in No way was I bitching about anything.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Everyone here is...about his trait more than anything.
well I'm not.although aqua is without question a top 3 character I don't want him to be nerfed at all,I enjoy fighting that character.at least I haven't got to chase him all over the screen like black Adam,now that is a character that's fucked up

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I don't want Aquamans trait to be nerfed at all. But if it must be nerfed they could make it that when he uses trait he will be at disadvantage and has to deal with heavy pressure and guaranteed throw attempts etc. I just wish NRS will do a big balance patch after all the dlc is done.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I don't want Aquamans trait to be nerfed at all. But if it must be nerfed they could make it that when he uses trait he will be at disadvantage and has to deal with heavy pressure and guaranteed throw attempts etc. I just wish NRS will do a big balance patch after all the dlc is done.
They can throw you..

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
He only shouldn't be nerfed if other top tiers are not. But if black Adam and superman and all are nerfed, he should be too
Dude what type of Aquaman main are you? I started maining Aquaman because of my suspicions that my main, which is Superman, will be nerfed to the ground. Now I'm hearing the Aquaman nerf pleas too. It is frustrating and that is why this community is a joke. It is history repeating itself. I hope NRS delays the patching after all the dlc is done.