What's new

Strategy True King of Atlantis -- Aquaman General Discussion Thread

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
May the bracket gods bless you.
Dude.... my brackets. omg. Operation wolf - Reo first round (I was a cage player so that didnt help either) - Winter Brawl- Curbolicious second round (same thing, fuck kabal). And then on saturday night, Kt smith round 1, then Riyo in losers (really close matches in the mirror but he got me). Its endless

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Dude.... my brackets. omg. Operation wolf - Reo first round (I was a cage player so that didnt help either) - Winter Brawl- Curbolicious second round (same thing, fuck kabal). And then on saturday night, Kt smith round 1, then Riyo in losers (really close matches in the mirror but he got me). Its endless
I'll be rooting for ya then. Just don't abuse rush all the time. Mix your game up all the time.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'll be rooting for ya then. Just don't abuse rush all the time. Mix your game up all the time.
You seem to think I trident rush every time lol. It's match up, health, and meter dependant. At this point the only punishes I know for it are flash and superman. You said before that there are many punishes. Do you know them?

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
You seem to think I trident rush every time lol. It's match up, health, and meter dependant. At this point the only punishes I know for it are flash and superman. You said before that there are many punishes. Do you know them?
batmans bats i think, GL's might, lex charge, dick in staff stance i think

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can just mash forward like crazy and the last hit wont whiff if you do it fast enough. Also, some chars can only punish you if you move forward during trident rush/MB trident rush unless you have it in the most perfect spacing. An example of this is GL's B1

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The way I do it is I add in a button (i use 3) and do ff3 ff3 ff3 like a special move in mk, it seems to come out every time for me. GGA Dizzy do you know if lexs charge punishes? I dont have a system in front of me. I seem to remember it not punishing even though it should.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The way I do it is I add in a button (i use 3) and do ff3 ff3 ff3 like a special move in mk, it seems to come out every time for me. GGA Dizzy do you know if lexs charge punishes? I dont have a system in front of me. I seem to remember it not punishing even though it should.
It for sure doesn't punish trident rush if you dont move at all. Not sure if it does if you move forward during it

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It for sure doesn't punish trident rush if you dont move at all. Not sure if it does if you move forward during it
Yeah, I will test it. I can post a video with stuff that may or may not be able to punish, just so that there is no confusion on anything. Probably late tonight.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay recording this would be actually semi annoying, so here's what I found. Lex, if you do not move forward on regular rush, you are safe. On ex rush if you dash but space it to get pushback, you are safe. Same thing with green lantern b1. Batman punishes with bats. Nightwing, no punish at all. Can someone double check these for me?

Okay recording this would be actually semi annoying, so here's what I found. Lex, if you do not move forward on regular rush, you are safe. On ex rush if you dash but space it to get pushback, you are safe. Same thing with green lantern b1. Batman punishes with bats. Nightwing, no punish at all. Can someone double check these for me?

About Batman and Nightwing you are right. Haven't checked Green Lantern's b1 yet.

McNasty

Moist.
What are aquamans best options vs grundy? Does he have any grab immune normals or specials? Obviously jump back 2 is pretty tasty vs walking corpse just curious if theres other things.