What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I have no problems switching between any variation, especially when I started of with Aftershock and then went to Crystalline, but I will give Crystalline a chance. Got used to corner armor setup. We'll see tho.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Also this was my last set that was recorded day before the major October 4th balance patch hit. After labbing yesterday a bit with Crystalline and rewatching the video I see how much of an offensive gameplan I usally had with all the armored anti-air launchers, low armor launchers etc, not giving a damn sometimes when I get hit by d1 because I can armor my way trough and such.

It's gonna be interesting to adapt with what we can now basically call a "new" meta/game as everyone were changed.

@YUZU_RZA @Marinjuana @General M2Dave @Killer Xinok and other Crystall mains how do you feel about Crystalline's offense now? I know it's a bit early to judge him but I think we all had some new experiences with him since yesterday.

aw man, pc player here. i loved aftershock tremor way back, but XL tremor feels horrible aside from the mids. uprock feels useless and the OTG does 5% for 1 bar?!

i play a jax buddy of mine and he can run and punish a whiff uprock from fullscreen?? i used uprock so much to zone people who had no patience and always held upforward or constant run. :(

to players with longer experience on XL tremor, do you guys use the move anymore? nevermind the corner setups, but just in neutral/zoning?

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
but XL tremor feels horrible aside from the mids.
That's not true.

-------------------------
D1 is now 8f from 9

Flash Parry (Ex straight Punch cancel) was left untounched, so we still have one and only such amazing tool in game that gives us ability to cancel into any normal/attack with one hit armor/ mix/ reversal/ wakeup/ jail our opponents. Tho because of the new universal running Stamina nerf we can only do one Flash Parry cancel instead of two in a row.

F1 is freaking 6f fast high lol. Easer punishes, jailing after ExDB2 Run cancel because F1 comes one frame earler.

Decent B1 14f mid that finally lets us jail opponent after D1 hit (which is +15 on hit).

F4 is freaking +6 ON BLOCK (was -14, tho it was a mid, now its high)

We still have our Hard To Blockable in the corner with EXDB3 uprocks after hard knockdown for 45-47% using one bar, into another knockdown lol.

Overall he gets new and better pressure tools with new B1 MID, especially in the corner that basically makes B1 5f mid if you fallow up with it after EXBF4 rolling stone (that's +9 on block), etc etc.

The only thing Im still not used to is the loss of armored launcher, but thats a universal change - we all gonna adapt to it in a matter of time/experience.

#TremorFamily !

Last edited:
sorry for being lazy, i should've said mids and frame data. i'm aware of the changes you mentioned, but in terms of how his zoning could deny people who hold upforward it's ridiculously neutered.

and yes i know about the ex htb, what i asked was if you use the regular move in neutral, even, since it is now punishable from fullscreen.

edit: like the entirety of my complaint is how you can't cover airspace half or even a quarter as well/safe as you could before at fullscreen so people will be able to jump way more freely as nobody has to respect uprock anymore. it will even trade terribly in the opponent's advantage in cases like ermac soul ball if you do it roughly at the same time at long range.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
Also this was my last set that was recorded day before the major October 4th balance patch hit. After labbing yesterday a bit with Crystalline and rewatching the video I see how much of an offensive gameplan I usally had with all the armored anti-air launchers, low armor launchers etc, not giving a damn sometimes when I get hit by d1 because I can armor my way trough and such.

It's gonna be interesting to adapt with what we can now basically call a "new" meta/game as everyone were changed.

@YUZU_RZA @Marinjuana @General M2Dave @Killer Xinok and other Crystall mains how do you feel about Crystalline's offense now? I know it's a bit early to judge him but I think we all had some new experiences with him since yesterday.
Great set man, ggs !

I was on stream on stream yesterday with @OmGxBdON on the chat. The first games was TERRIBLE, I was like a baby with a new char in a new game against new match up. But after +40 games I had some good feeling. Let me learn de new meta & the new matchups. I'll try to uplaod a set this weeknd or next week bro

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Great set man, ggs !

I was on stream on stream yesterday with @OmGxBdON on the chat. The first games was TERRIBLE, I was like a baby with a new char in a new game against new match up. But after +40 games I had some good feeling. Let me learn de new meta & the new matchups. I'll try to uplaod a set this weeknd or next week bro
Aww shit bro, you have a twitch account? Im gonna sub for sure, whats the name of it and when you usally stream?

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
aw man, pc player here. i loved aftershock tremor way back, but XL tremor feels horrible aside from the mids. uprock feels useless and the OTG does 5% for 1 bar?!

i play a jax buddy of mine and he can run and punish a whiff uprock from fullscreen?? i used uprock so much to zone people who had no patience and always held upforward or constant run. :(

to players with longer experience on XL tremor, do you guys use the move anymore? nevermind the corner setups, but just in neutral/zoning?
Haha I stopped using the move ever since it was nerfed, rolling stone takes over that role and IMO it's better. I only use it to close onlatches up close

Haha I stopped using the move ever since it was nerfed, rolling stone takes over that role and IMO it's better. I only use it to close onlatches up close
thanks for the relevant feedback!

i do disagree with rolling stone taking over that role because it only covers runs, not jumpforwards. especially at longer ranges people will just jump it on reaction and negate it. i generally used uprock to negate the upforward, and then people would eventually try run since full run would beat uprock at a distance, which i would then counter with rolling stone.

but now the entirety of that plan doesn't work, and i only have rolling stone, but nothing to actually prevent them from just jumping which is the hardest to deal with and gives them the biggest reward.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Imo tremor is the strongest character post patch.. with no launching armor threat he can do his f121 ex bf4 for free.. and you can OS to prevent opponents jumping over it.. and for those who doesnt know, he has a safe setup with raw up rock, that jails into f121.
Also b1 and f2 are amazing

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
thanks for the relevant feedback!

i do disagree with rolling stone taking over that role because it only covers runs, not jumpforwards. especially at longer ranges people will just jump it on reaction and negate it. i generally used uprock to negate the upforward, and then people would eventually try run since full run would beat uprock at a distance, which i would then counter with rolling stone.

but now the entirety of that plan doesn't work, and i only have rolling stone, but nothing to actually prevent them from just jumping which is the hardest to deal with and gives them the biggest reward.
It recovers really quickly, to really easy to bait out jumps. You play on pc? U just have to get used to it. U don't have the up rock anymore so u have to use tremors good anti airs along with rolling stone to make it work. I've been using the nerfed up rock version of tremor Ik how it works. Up rock could be ran under, rolling stone can't and recovers fast.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Imo tremor is the strongest character post patch.. with no launching armor threat he can do his f121 ex bf4 for free.. and you can OS to prevent opponents jumping over it.. and for those who doesnt know, he has a safe setup with raw up rock, that jails into f121.
Also b1 and f2 are amazing
What is the OS?

Interesting perspective, but I have found the opposite to be true. From my short experience of using the current version of Crystalline, Tremor is worse. I agree that Tremor no longer has to worry about launching armor attacks, yet you fail to mention that neither do his opponents. You play Crystalline at a very high level so I do not have to tell you that no buffs will ever compensate for the loss of an armored EX low stone shatter, which is an entirely worthless move in the current version of the game. Crystalline's defense is nowhere near as effective as pre-patch.

Mystic Ermac is the new Crystalline Tremor of the game. Mystic has a safe half screen armor attack that replenishes life and steals meter. He has 50/50 mix ups. He has fast and safe pokes and low pokes. He has a teleport for anti-zoning.

Killer Xinok

What is the OS?

Interesting perspective, but I have found the opposite to be true. From my short experience of using the current version of Crystalline, Tremor is worse. I agree that Tremor no longer has to worry about launching armor attacks, yet you fail to mention that neither do his opponents. You play Crystalline at a very high level so I do not have to tell you that no buffs will ever compensate for the loss of an armored EX low stone shatter, which is an entirely worthless move in the current version of the game. Crystalline's defense is nowhere near as effective as pre-patch.
I always do f121 ex bf4 21, if they jump 21 will catch them, if they keep blocking, 21 will jail after ex bf4. And after all these launching armor nerfs, tremor still has his flash parry, that is kind an armor launcher

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I always do f121 ex bf4 21, if they jump 21 will catch them, if they keep blocking, 21 will jail after ex bf4. And after all these launching armor nerfs, tremor still has his flash parry, that is kind an armor launcher
Thanks for sharing the OS.

Flash parry is very good but is not on pre-patch EX low shatter's level. EX low shatter was one of the very best moves in the past two or three versions of game. Currently, the move serves no purpose whatsoever. It has merely become a slow launcher that costs one bar of meter.

You will also find that closing the gap on some zoning characters has become more difficult because of the universal changes to the run and the improved projectile recoveries. At this point, I genuinely believe Aftershock is Tremor's best variation. The universal changes to the run and the weakened rush down game cater to Aftershock more so than to Crystalline.

Killer Xinok

Thanks for sharing the OS.

Flash parry is very good but is not on pre-patch EX low shatter's level. EX low shatter was one of the very best moves in the past two or three versions of game. Currently, the move serves no purpose whatsoever. It has merely become a slow launcher that costs one bar of meter.

You will also find that closing the gap on some zoning characters has become more difficult because of the universal changes to the run and the improved projectile recoveries. At this point, I genuinely believe Aftershock is Tremor's best variation. The universal changes to the run and the weakened rush down game cater to Aftershock more so than to Crystalline.
yep, ex low shatter combo was insanelly good. and yeah, you're right, aftershock may cover most matchups now.