What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Not sure i get the "cookies" part :D You mean cookies as the lava rolling stones? Because those for sure look like cookies, dawg.:DOGE
The metal and aftershock look more like cookies id actually eat, but yeah. the bf4 for days combos are the cookies i speak of

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Offense is too weak.
It's definently a lot better now, u gotta grab a lot with tremor. Still up to the poke game but u can't get bullshitted anymore. AS has gaurenteed corner set ups that can lead into high dmg. It's a 50/50. Tremors amazing in neutral. He's very solid now and all of his MUs are all better

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It's definently a lot better now, u gotta grab a lot with tremor. Still up to the poke game but u can't get bullshitted anymore. AS has gaurenteed corner set ups that can lead into high dmg. It's a 50/50. Tremors amazing in neutral. He's very solid now and all of his MUs are all better
What is the corner 50/50 mix up?

Experienced high level players in the Tremor match up will stagger their low pokes in a timely fashion so that the vast majority of anti-low poke set ups will be rendered useless. Most grabs will be escaped on reaction too unless you grab out of the corner. What made pre-patch Crystalline Tremor so good was that he could bait low pokes and throw techs and punish them with a safe armored launcher. Aftershock has nothing remotely as effective. I am unconvinced that he is a high tier character. He is not on the same level as the currently perceived top tier characters like Ermac and Kitana. Not even close.

Krabman

Noob
Not really tremor really plays the exact same as before he just got more plus highs which he already had. People can still poke
They wont be random poking in neutral or I'll be spamming IAQ. The range and speed of f4 is amazing, and really complements to his zoning.

OmGxBdON

What is the corner 50/50 mix up?

Experienced high level players in the Tremor match up will stagger their low pokes in a timely fashion so that the vast majority of anti-low poke set ups will be rendered useless. Most grabs will be escaped on reaction too unless you grab out of the corner. What made pre-patch Crystalline Tremor so good was that he could bait low pokes and throw techs and punish them with a safe armored launcher. Aftershock has nothing remotely as effective. I am unconvinced that he is a high tier character. He is not on the same level as the currently perceived top tier characters like Ermac and Kitana. Not even close.
After db1 in the corner - ex dd1, the opponent can either poke or block. D1 stuffs everything and any normal will hit on block. Basically u have tons of set ups off of your poke. And strings can be staggered or OH can be used to make a lot of mix ups. Grab combos into 48%. B3 combos into 40% I think which stuffs moves as well. It's basically a mix up that the opponent has to hold.

It's basically like csz when he was broke except it cost a bar. It's the same situation. It's definently not a gimmick, just saying

OmGxBdON

They wont be random poking in neutral or I'll be spamming IAQ. The range and speed of f4 is amazing, and really complements to his zoning.
Well yeah like o said he plays exactly the same haha. F4 is now plus I,stead of punishable, it was always a good footsie tool

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I've barely got any games in on Aftershock and Crystalline because Metallic is so much fun right now. You can be really cheeky with delayed shatter now.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Is it safe to say Metallic is his best variation?
all are in good place atm imo,
(apart from the obviously good universal changes across all variations)
the new lava shatter is the tits! well worth losing the armor on his gold shatter for.
aftershock even though got the shatter nerf still got buffed with the stamina changes.
crystalline flex is still one of the best moves in the game.

my only complaints about tremor from this patch is that THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED THE FUDGING PUSHBACK BUG that ive tagged paulo & co about multi times, :mad::mad::mad:
this patch makes me slightly more miffed that i still cant use aftershock to its full zoning power as i play on stick so cant use the analog stick to get those crazy ia's, #stickplayers1stworldproblems

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Is it safe to say Metallic is his best variation?
Nope, for now it's safe to say, ppl should train whatever they feel, and wait for mach-up result in tournaments before even talk about tier or whatever. And its valid for the whole cast atm...