What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

Bad Genez

Green
Metallic is my favorite so far, I'm having good results with the db1 in Lava stance. It's not as + as the frame data reads I believe, but it's good for shenanigans.

E

Eldriken

The frame data for Aftershock is horribly, horribly wrong when it comes down to the hit/block advantage for Earth Shake and all that. If only it really was +80~ on block, LOL.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
crystalline is the best metallic is the worst. aftershock seems like it can have some dirty shit since he has an air low that you can ex for pop up. metallic still seems good though. probably the first character in the game with 3 viable variations (if not 1st then one of 4 or less)
goos shit nrs
not to get off topic but multiple chars have 3 strong variations

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
If you think your opponent is going to is going to try and blow up the gap in any string into db2, you can do Ex db2 run cancel and punish because the armor carries over into the cancel, this makes for a great punish. It also can make so "Safe" ex moves unsafe like cassies power flip for example. will look further into this and may make a video

Bad Genez

Green
If you think your opponent is going to is going to try and blow up the gap in any string into db2, you can do Ex db2 run cancel and punish because the armor carries over into the cancel, this makes for a great punish. It also can make so "Safe" ex moves unsafe like cassies power flip for example. will look further into this and may make a video
That sounds hella dirty, I'm gonna have to test that one out later, could have crazy pressure potential.

Wish I could upload videos somehow, I have a whole list of combos of my own for Tremor atm.

E

Eldriken

That sounds hella dirty, I'm gonna have to test that one out later, could have crazy pressure potential.

Wish I could upload videos somehow, I have a whole list of combos of my own for Tremor atm.
If you can't upload videos, just post the notations. Works just as well. =D

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
EDIT: It seems to only work on Really fast armored Moves lol

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Any fast 2 hits should be able to beat Tremor armor cancel anyway...but I think this is going to be very useful in some matchups.
Tremor armor kind of sucks

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Any fast 2 hits should be able to beat Tremor armor cancel anyway, I think this is going to be very useful.
Tremor armor kind of sucks
At least it blows up Kung laos spin for full combo :REO
EDIT: different special moves can be baited different ways, so you can back dash and wiff punish(Sub Zeros frost bomb), some you can run cancel and then block for punish, Some that cant be punished due to push back you can run cancel then jump over for full combo(Kenshi Ex Rising karma)

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm working on getting the longest possible knockdown in the corner after stone punch, calling rock drop and using b3 for a launching doomsday earthshake.

This character is godlike.

sealt

Noob
I'm working on getting the longest possible knockdown in the corner after stone punch, calling rock drop and using b3 for a launching doomsday earthshake.

This character is godlike.
longest knockdown in the Corner is f4 and into safe db3. When your opponent dont wakeup you have a hard to block overhead into low.
Vs ex reptiledash and tempest lao ex spin you can block the wakeup attack.
i didnt tested it vs backdash...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm on a family trip but excited to get home and try this guy, I think crystalline is my favorite. I don't think I'll like him as much as predator but we'll see.

E

Eldriken

So zoning or nah?
I think it will highly depend on the character you're going against. I think he'll get outzoned by every zoner type character in the game due to the slow startup of his specials. But for characters that struggle against zoning characters, he may be able to pull it off.

I could be wrong. We'll have to see, I suppose.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I think it will highly depend on the character you're going against. I think he'll get outzoned by every zoner type character in the game due to the slow startup of his specials. But for characters that struggle against zoning characters, he may be able to pull it off.

I could be wrong. We'll have to see, I suppose.
Thanks!

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I don't think is too early to say that if something groundbreaking doesn't get discovered, Tremor is going to have a hard time.
He is helpless after any knockdown if the opponent keeps pressing him, EXdb2 armor is too slow and can't be used as a wake up; his pokes are not good too...winning against Kung Lao & Friends looks extremely tough. He is as bad as Quan Chi on wake up, but far less deadly when he gets his game going. He is also pretty punishable.

The zoning is kinda slow but decent I guess; will help in some matchups but looking at the roster it won't be useful against any top tier character (except Raiden maybe, but even then...he only needs 1 armored superman and Tremor is dead).

I don't see how can he do well at any tournament in this meta...hopefully I am wrong, he looks super cool

What do you guys think about him?

E

Eldriken

I don't think is too early to say that if something groundbreaking doesn't get discovered, Tremor is going to have a hard time.
He is helpless after any knockdown if the opponent keeps pressing him, EXdb2 armor is too slow and can't be used as a wake up; his pokes are not good too...winning against Kung Lao & Friends looks extremely tough. He is as bad as Quan Chi on wake up, but far less deadly when he gets his game going. He is also pretty punishable.

The zoning is kinda slow but decent I guess; will help in some matchups but looking at the roster it won't be useful against any top tier character (except Raiden maybe, but even then...he only needs 1 armored superman and Tremor is dead).

I don't see how can he do well at any tournament in this meta...hopefully I am wrong, he looks super cool

What do you guys think about him?
Have you not seen his d1? lol It's Doomsday's d1 all over again and is only -3 on block. It has the most deceiving range ever. His d4 is pretty godlike as well.

Shtutik

Noob
so how do you play tremor ? he s got no 50/50 only low / strings are slow as fk footsies are kinda average he s got no cancel pressure as well , i only like his rock drop overhead cause its + on block its good and NO ARMORED WAKEUP Skydrop 2.0 lol zoning is kinda average as well. Even low strings are unsafe right ? Mk X is all about pressure and mixups how do you pressure or mix it up with Tremor ?

E

Eldriken

so how do you play tremor ? he s got no 50/50 only low / strings are slow as fk footsies are kinda average he s got no cancel pressure as well , i only like his rock drop overhead cause its + on block its good and NO ARMORED WAKEUP Skydrop 2.0 lol zoning is kinda average as well. Even low strings are unsafe right ? Mk X is all about pressure and mixups how do you pressure or mix it up with Tremor ?
He hasn't been out long enough to be told how he should be played. We can only speculate at the moment. I personally feel he's not gonna be a pressure character but instead, a setup heavy character.