What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think his uppercut(d+2) is a good anti air. It comes out pretty quick and it appears to slightly arc behind him like Kano's. Maybe try that? Otherwise his db+1(hold up) may work as an anti air.
I was trying that, but the timing is so strict that if you're out of position by a little - you're beat because you can't move and do it too.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was getting into the mid to high 40's with Earthshaker by setting the ground pulse, doing the long range overhead, and going into his one bar combos from there.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Tremor's main problem is going to be jumping opponents, because it is what you can do aggainst him. Tremor has good low proyectiles, unblockable, low specials, so a smart player will jump a lot . Then, I think the DB1U of Metallic is a key proyectile for this because goes up and nearly full screen
What do you think about this?

Scared of what? Unsafe normals and specials so slow that you can take a coffee break and arrive back in time to react? I see nothing that screams "OP" to me like prepatch Raiden, prepatch Tanya, etc.

Besides, with your perfectly fine and viable Kano fighting Tremor should be a breeze.
i hadnt seen anyone write about unsafe and slow normal so far.

ok, 30 mins with crystal tremor in the lab:

- super-amazing movelist design, coolest char in the game imo.
- and easily the most complex with his shitload of Options. i dont expect a master level tremor sooner than in a year.
- s++ tier material. yes, his overheads are slow, but lbsh this char is ridiculous. he has zoning, upclose pressure, corner carry, cancels, mixups (yes slow ones but thats his only downside), an unblockable, combo damage, pretty gdlk footsie Tools, damage reduction and a good AA Uppercut. the only 2 things that Limit him are quite punishable launchers and slow overheads, but i still think he i this is even beyond vanilla tanya. more like mmh Tier+.he reminds me of scarlett in terms of complexity and strength. im calling it now, this is probably the strongest character that has ever been in any version of mkx.
- as always, nothing is final, lets see how he does in the meta.

Last edited:

CubaKahn

Noob

- and easily the most complex with his shitload of Options. i dont expect a master level tremor sooner than in a year.
- s++ tier material. yes, his overheads are slow, but lbsh this char is ridiculous. he has zoning, upclose pressure, corner carry, cancels, mixups (yes slow ones but thats his only downside), an unblockable, combo damage, pretty gdlk footsie Tools, damage reduction and a good AA Uppercut. the only 2 things that Limit him are quite punishable launchers and slow overheads, but i still think he i this is even beyond vanilla tanya. more like mmh Tier+.he reminds me of scarlett in terms of complexity and strength. im calling it now, this is probably the strongest character that has ever been in any version of mkx.
Hyperbole much?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.

Clearly 30 minutes weren't enough. Please don't post your nonsense before being able to back it up. Go back to the lab and stay there.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
if on ps4 you probably can't play him until PSN updates around 6~ pm EST. This is how it has always been, and how it will always be.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
crystalline is the best metallic is the worst. aftershock seems like it can have some dirty shit since he has an air low that you can ex for pop up. metallic still seems good though. probably the first character in the game with 3 viable variations (if not 1st then one of 4 or less)
goos shit nrs

What a way to be an asshole. Yeah, he's likely jumping the gun, but basically telling him to get the fuck out is pretty childish.
dont worry, i can handle it :D. he didnt even make a point. and im still sure this character will fill the salt shaker soon. i just gotta revise a bit after being in the lab with all three of tremor, theyre basically the same, so theres not THAT much complexity, and i also thought theyd add more bullshit. im going down from s++ to s-s+.

Reactions: GAV

ruff321

Noob
dont worry, i can handle it :D. he didnt even make a point. and im still sure this character will fill the salt shaker soon. i just gotta revise a bit after being in the lab with all three of tremor, theyre basically the same, so theres not THAT much complexity, and i also thought theyd add more bullshit. im going down from s++ to s-s+.
he seems very complex and that what makes him such an interesting character to me. Def a character that you have to invest alot of time in

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'm pretty sure you can be poked out of the DB2D during the combo. I'll have to test it for sure but I was poked out a few times so far online.

E

Eldriken

Maaaan, I'm loving this character so far. I think I'm gonna be all about the Aftershock. I like his other variations, however. But this one is my favorite one so far.

I'm glad he released earlier into the day than I had anticipated. =D

He's safe on a lot of his specials, which he should be due to their horrendous startup. I think he's gonna be a setup heavy character. I can't wait to see what shit people come up with him. :O

Reactions: GAV

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm actually really feeling Metallic, I think the db1 in gold stance is good. Also crystalline is really cool, this variation is like rolling watchtower in Injustice.