What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

How good is tremors gold form not really a big fan of his lava form how good would you say is his gold Form as a standalone, what would be his General strategy in that form?
In this order:

1. Aftershock
2. Crystalline
3. Metallic

What goes for Lava, i love the skin and the resets with db1 are great. Gold has some zoning going on with db1 /u or d which is fine against characters who have trouble with zoners like Kotal Kahn.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Can someone explain to me why doing db1dd is important. I basically see everyone use it but was wondering whats the benefit of it, and if possible the proper way to do so.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Can someone explain to me why doing db1dd is important. I basically see everyone use it but was wondering whats the benefit of it, and if possible the proper way to do so.
In the crystalline variation db1d becomes an armored launcher when you do the EX version, not to mention it is safe as well. It leads into exceptional damage when used in a combo.

The hitbox on it is pretty absurd, almost halfscreen.

Not to mention in the crystal variation, db1 dissipates projectiles when timed right with the down version dissipating low ones.

It's one of the best moves in the game.

ErmacMKX

Noob
In the crystalline variation db1d becomes an armored launcher when you do the EX version, not to mention it is safe as well. It leads into exceptional damage when used in a combo.

The hitbox on it is pretty absurd, almost halfscreen.

Not to mention in the crystal variation, db1 dissipates projectiles when timed right with the down version dissipating low ones.

It's one of the best moves in the game.
My apologies, I was referring to the aftershock variation where people pull up the rock then get rid of it by doing down,down.

The Highlander

There can be only one
My apologies, I was referring to the aftershock variation where people pull up the rock then get rid of it by doing down,down.
By canceling the rock move you make yourself safe. For example, 21d4u4 is unsafe normally, but 21d4u4 db1dd block is safe. It also leads to pressure in that some cancels are very slightly plus (f121, f12).

People see the rock come out and often hold block a second longer, meaning you can cancel then throw, or jump over, or go for another string (e.g, f121 db1dd, f121, for some free chip and you're still plus 2).

You can be hit out of any of these, so you can only do that once they respect and try to block the rock. I like to used db1d to get them blocking low and establish that I will not cancel the db1. Then throw in a few cancels into throw or cross over jump when I need that extra damage. Blocking afterwards is fine too if you expect armour, or a fast poke of any kind.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
Bad news for Crystalline

Saw something like this happen to Dave on Scar's stream so I labbed it for a bit. Found out you can stuff EX Low Shatter completely with advancing normals. Some are harder than others, and some are incredibly easy to do like Johnny's f3 which doesn't even require you to run up beforehand.

@General M2Dave

Crusty

Bad news for Crystalline

Saw something like this happen to Dave on Scar's stream so I labbed it for a bit. Found out you can stuff EX Low Shatter completely with advancing normals. Some are harder than others, and some are incredibly easy to do like Johnny's f3 which doesn't even require you to run up beforehand.

@General M2Dave
Words cannot describe my contempt right now upon seeing that.

smooth move NRS

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Bad news for Crystalline

@General M2Dave
could this be done before last patch or this because of them messing with the amount of armored frames of the ex shatter?
ive had people go through straight shatter plenty of times :/

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yea it seemingly only works in gold stance. Great find none the less! Wonder if it's always been like this.

Crusty

Can I rant please?

EDIT: I'm joking but the number of problems gets worse progressively each day

InFlames

dead
could this be done before last patch or this because of them messing with the amount of armored frames of the ex shatter?
ive had people go through straight shatter plenty of times :/
I tried the same vs straight Shatter and it is twice as easy to do, almost hard to mess up lol

Regardless if he had more armor the advancing string would've broken it so it probably was possible pre-patch just not as good.

marietta1200

Best Coast
not sure if people know this already, im assuming people do but when zoning if your opponent blocks a meter burn up rock ground pulse is guaranteed.
Pretty sure they can still backdash it like pre patch uprock.

EDIT: tested on AI and you're right. Timing is strict but it's there.