What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

f24

Don't F*** with a God
F12,
all Jail

Midscreen or corner
I'm sorry but I can't seem to get these to jail for the life of me, unless I'm directly in front of the opponent. I have Lao set to always block and then reversal with normal tornado. I'm not fast enough to jail with any of those strings unless I'm directly on top of him. What am I doing wrong?

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I'm sorry but I can't seem to get these to jail for the life of me, unless I'm directly in front of the opponent. I have Lao set to always block and then reversal with normal tornado. I'm not fast enough to jail with any of those strings unless I'm directly on top of him. What am I doing wrong?
You have to be on top of him.
F1 gives you a bit of more space to work with. you probably have to get used to the timing

f24

Don't F*** with a God
You have to be on top of him.
F1 gives you a bit of more space to work with. you probably have to get used to the timing
Oh I misunderstood your post. I thought you had meant that uprock allowed you to jail on block from midscreen distance.
The listed block advantage is -9 and that's certainly not accurate.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
yes same as before. the window is just a little bigger for them to react in now. You will still have to get them to respect normal uprock.
The main difference between the previous uprock was you had time to see it blocked and then go for your jail, the nasty thing now is I don't think you can even react to a blocked uprock and jail F1 now. Which means because we have fuck all in the mid department we could normal uprock and if they don't armor we have to worry about getting poked after being however + uprock is.

This application is for the meaty uprock in the corner, you're not doing this move midscreen it didn't work before now you can go make a cup of tea and come back and react to this shit lol

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
The main difference between the previous uprock was you had time to see it blocked and then go for your jail, the nasty thing now is I don't think you can even react to a blocked uprock and jail F1 now. Which means because we have fuck all in the mid department we could normal uprock and if they don't armor we have to worry about getting poked after being however + uprock is.

This application is for the meaty uprock in the corner, you're not doing this move midscreen it didn't work before now you can go make a cup of tea and come back and react to this shit lol
Yeah your right,I just noticed in trainer. I play mostly metallic and lava drop has always carried greater risk for the opponent to react with a punish than the other 2 variations because of the hit advantage. Im gonna see if I can run some matches with a friend and get a better look at uprock.

Gilbagz

Joker here~

Safe normal uprock still exists
window is sorta tight but just a proof of concept
dunno what the old optimal bnb was, but my friend used to do 31% so im guessing a 2% sacrifice isnt the worst

Haven't tested against 6 and 7f moves yet though
have a feeling it wouldnt be safe against those, but at least it covers the majority of the cast

@Undeadjim
@YOMI DJT
@FaYd

Tested vs 7f reversals
works but is insanely tight

Last edited:

Redux

Ex Phase

dunno what the old optimal bnb was, but my friend used to do 31% so im guessing a 2% sacrifice isnt the worst

have a feeling it wouldnt be safe against those, but at least it covers the majority of the cast

@Undeadjim
@YOMI DJT
@FaYd

Tested vs 7f reversals
sick man thanks for finding it, it seems to be consistent with 9f wakeups if you do it right and allows for a combo with uprock. If your a bit late though their wakeup just absorbs the uprock and they aren't stunned by it.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
sick man thanks for finding it, it seems to be consistent with 9f wakeups if you do it right and allows for a combo with uprock. If your a bit late though their wakeup just absorbs the uprock and they aren't stunned by it.
Technically, even if they armour it
You block and punish which is still good, and you get higher damage cos your combo is shorter without the uprock and it doesnt count to scaling

Redux

Ex Phase
Technically, even if they armour it
You block and punish which is still good, and you get higher damage cos your combo is shorter without the uprock and it doesnt count to scaling
yup, the trick seems to be to do uprock as soon as the animation for stone punch is over in a combo with reasonable gravity. for 30% f12 db2d 4 db2u b2 db2.

InFlames

dead

@Undeadjim
@YOMI DJT
@FaYd

Tested vs 7f reversals
Optimal corner BnB is around 37 to 39%

It's a good oki setup but you're basically sacrificing 10% for it

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Optimal corner BnB is around 37 to 39%

It's a good oki setup but you're basically sacrificing 10% for it
39% no bar?
God damn
So he was doing 52 for one bar?

Edit: Just checked combo thread. Looks like optimal meterless bnb was 36%
You could probably squeeze an extra percent or two out of my set up.
But yeah still a 5% drop in damage.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Normal uprock armor break

much like the old 21~rock drop/b2~rock drop setups im not fond of setups that can just be tech rolled/left punishable if tech rolled, either way nice few diff normal up rock armor breaks poppin up, will help for when they fix the otg bug :/

when they fix the otg bug :/
Is that confirmed? I mean the last Hotfix would have been the perfect opportunity, if they intended to do so. And as I remember from the Kombat Kast about the big patch, they even stated, that you can still get the 13% with a delay.

Scaling to 8% would be ok, but down to 3% is just ridiculous.

Arzumis

Noob
Any one else sometimes getting full 13% otg after db1 and db2 at times? I seem to get it more often during db1 than db2 but they occur
Here is some proof

InFlames

dead
Any one else sometimes getting full 13% otg after db1 and db2 at times? I seem to get it more often during db1 than db2 but they occur
Here is some proof

Any knockdown with huge advantage can give you an unscaled OTG if delayed. db2, db1, and b121 all give full damage. Works the same with other characters.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Any knockdown with huge advantage can give you an unscaled OTG if delayed. db2, db1, and b121 all give full damage. Works the same with other characters.
Do you know if this is going to be taken out? Am I going to be really sad by the next hotfix lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
that paulo mentioned in a streamchat that they aware tremor still has a few frames to get the 13% id be confident its going asap.

also found a stealth nerf, armor frames have been removed from the end of ex shatter(all variations), before you could jump over tremor and if you jip'ed him at 11 or 12 a clock youd see the armor flash even though tremor was still in recovery, this isnt the case anymore, if your opponent jumps over your shatter your dead.