What's new

Tournament Play: Disabling Interactables

Interactables in Tournament Play?

• Total voters

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@Juggs, I doubt the interactables will change when the game is released. For casual play it's fine, but it's up to us as a community to regulate them at tournaments and majors. I hope this is a topic organizers put consideration into. This game has so much potential.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'm a team nah bum so I ain't going to vote, but I really hope if top players are tired of this shit they actually pressure TO's to just ban them. Is there a good argument for them in like any of the past 3 NRS games. What did they add to the game that outweighed the negatives?

Agilaz

It has begun
There should be a third option:

Leave them on, make them all single use per match. I think interactables can add a bit of an x-factor to matches, and having them be usable only ones adds a layers of decision making I believe.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor

Leave them on, make them all single use per match. I think interactables can add a bit of an x-factor to matches, and having them be usable only ones adds a layers of decision making I believe.
If there was a way to make them single use everybody would be happy with that. I don't see it happening though it would be nice.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games

That would be dandy, but that's up to NRS, we can't rely on their mercy with 3 weeks to go. We can however turn off interactables, we have that power at least.

Ostin

Noob
They’ve already increased dash speeds and change the way you enhance moves. If people really want to change the way corner escapes work or their strength or if they can be independently disabled, just keep telling nrs. I don’t think it’s impossible for nrs to change them. I also don’t ever like the idea of wanting to ban something before it’s even out. So keep it in till it’s clear there no counters to corner escapes.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
They do little damage though
Doesn't matter. They contradict the main focus of the game. If NRS wants to focus on a more strategic game with heavier emphasis on footsies and neutral then interactables should be banned in tournaments.

Look at Smash bros. for example. Items and smash ball are turned off for competitive play because it takes away from the strategy of the game. So do interactables. They're not healthy for the type of game NRS wants MK11 to be.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Doesn't matter. They contradict the main focus of the game. If NRS wants to focus on a more strategic game with heavier emphasis on footsies and neutral then interactables should be banned in tournaments.

Look at Smash bros. for example. Items and smash ball are turned off for competitive play because it takes away from the strategy of the game. So do interactables. They're not healthy for the type of game NRS wants MK11 to be.
I disagree the interacbles enchance the environment you are in . It gives people ideas how to use them

Ostin

Noob

Smash items are also completely random. They Spawn at random times, locations and can even just be a bomb that randomly explodes and kills the person just for trying to use them. No one died by using their own interactable with no interaction from their opponent.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I disagree the interacbles enchance the environment you are in . It gives people ideas how to use them
It enchances the environment your in , it makes feel like your there. If it were VR and you could
fight MK wouldn’t you want intercables ?
I think you're missing the point of this discussion.

Let's agree to disagree. It seems you may not understand where some of us are coming from on how interactables contradict specific fighting game starts the developers want to focus on. Maybe you're unaware of what they are or just don't see the full extent of what they can provide for a game?

Whatever the case may be I hope one day some light is further shed on this situation that may alter, or even help you understand why people aren't fond of them in this game.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Inj 2 had balanced interactables?
Really?
Superman had an unblockable reset on Metropolis stageif I’m not wrong. It takes THE ENTIRE bar.
I was fighting interactables back when MKX was announced but now I don’t see any problem. Win any way you can. Not like someone is against zoning here.

Can we get some hard data on if they're actually invincible? I swear i've already seen footage of people knocked out of the wall run by stuff like jades overhead.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This thread is stupid. Intractables including corner escapes- cost meter to use. It's not like I2 where you can do it indefinitely at no cost. It takes what...16 seconds for a bar? Something like that? That's 16 seconds where you need to think carefully about how to use the next bar.

It's fine. There was never a time that I got hit with an interactable and thought, "man, I would have won this game if it weren't for this spear on Shang Tsung's island."

Be aware of your surroundings.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I am not playing a grappler in tournament anymore because of the corner divekick interactables. Never again will I put all my effort into walking down a zoner just to finally get my chance to start my game only to have them mash out invincible flying divekick into plus frames as many times as they want. That interactable type and any other unlimited corner interactables are broken beyond belief and I have no idea why NRS loves them so much. They are an absolute cancer.

If those remain they should take all 4 bars no bullshit. How NRS thinks flying free escape from the corner you can use multiple times is the same as the -30 on block lance on Shangs Island I will never understand

This thread is stupid. Intractables including corner escapes- cost meter to use. It's not like I2 where you can do it indefinitely at no cost. It takes what...16 seconds for a bar? Something like that? That's 16 seconds where you need to think carefully about how to use the next bar.

It's fine. There was never a time that I got hit with an interactable and thought, "man, I would have won this game if it weren't for this spear on Shang Tsung's island."

Be aware of your surroundings.
hmm i dont think they cost anything actualy lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i prefer the interactables, kinda sux if you have such interesting backdrops and all you can do is look, when you could in fact interact with it in the fight.