What's new

Top 50 Xbox Live Leaderboard

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They might only lose to high ranked players, and also beat a lot of them. My first night I moved up to top 12 with only about 75 matches. I think I lost 2 times the first night. You can basically do the same now.

Im so Low because I have waaaay to many losses.

I have like 1500+ wins and 1000 or so losses.

Im around the low 1000s(like 1100 or so)

I just play to play. Im good, but I lose too often, not to mention I started playing with Scorpion :(

Derek

Noob
I honestly just stopped playing ranked matches on my l SuGaR l tag. I mean I get bad feedback and people swearing at me all the time for no reason, I don't even put my headset on. I play on my other tag iSeraphiM all the time though. BTW, that tag runs up next month so I'm probably going to make another one along the lines of UMK SuGaR or something.

I originally set a goal to get into the top 250 on l SuGaR l and at one point was really close I was in the 350's and I lost one match to some kid who wasn't bad at all but was ranked into the 1,000's and dropped into the 600's where I now remain.

yeah, i got up to 35 then i started to get those mystery connections, where it looks green but your really playing in red. thats when i said forget it, its not going to happen. so, i just play for fun, random and what not.

its really nothing to get serious about, its not arcade exact so, you can't be serious.

Derek

Noob
Bob Dole said:
yeah, i got up to 35 then i started to get those mystery connections, where it looks green but your really playing in red. thats when i said forget it, its not going to happen. so, i just play for fun, random and what not.

its really nothing to get serious about, its not arcade exact so, you can't be serious.
Close enough, and it's still better than Kaillera.

:twisted:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's better than Kaillera. Kaillera doesn't even exist compared to it. There are enough good quality games and players on XBLA to be able to take it seriously. There are very few players in the very top 0.1% who don't deserve to be there.

It's opinion, and it depends on how it runs on your computer. The only real way XBLA is better is because there is almost always no delay, but even that's in quesiton because I always see people complaining about it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have been playing on Kaillera since your grandfather was in diapers. XBLA is far and beyond superior. I know how to optimize Kaillera, and in comparison I get a playable game on Kaillera as often as I get an unplayable game on XBLA. Aside from that, 360 emulation of UMK3 is better than MAME, and there are no desyncs, and far less random disconnects.

Dreemer played on XBLA for 5 minutes a couple weeks ago and it was instantly apparent to him in his experience with Kaillera.

Shock said:
I have been playing on Kaillera since your grandfather was in diapers. XBLA is far and beyond superior. I know how to optimize Kaillera, and in comparison I get a playable game on Kaillera as often as I get an unplayable game on XBLA. Aside from that, 360 emulation of UMK3 is better than MAME, and there are no desyncs, and far less random disconnects.

Dreemer played on XBLA for 5 minutes a couple weeks ago and it was instantly apparent to him in his experience with Kaillera.
Damn, good one.

I still prefer playing on kaillera, but I guess I have to change my mind now. :roll:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only reason I could see people preferring to play on Kaillera would be freedom of controller usage, but that is not really comparable when getting technical since I did use my arcade stick for about an hour on XBLA and it was unreal, and I can use a keyboard but not the exact layout I want. I might actually be able to hook that back up now as well. This of course required effort, but it's still there.

In the most standard situation for Kaillera, you must play using the good connection setting, which has a minimum 1/4 second delay. There is a lot of button loss as well, there's virtually no loss on XBLA, even when the frame rate drops in bad connections. If you play using excellent it is manditory that both players have less than 30 ms to the server. Input starts getting a little screwey on excellent with the new clients and emulinker and the quality is about equal to the average XBLA game. Very unstable, disconnects a lot. LAN setting is now worthless. Constant ghosting of buttons, inputs go crazy, desyncs like crazy, but the quality is very good, about the same as a better than average game on XBLA. It also requires pings in the teens or lower.

Now here's the kicker. I can play people in California on XBLA with no noticable lag on either side. On Kaillera, this is impossible. Also, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of times more available players.

In closing, I don't know why anyone would prefer Kaillera over XBLA when both are available.

I will state why I prefer kaillera and that's it.

I'm not saying it's better overall, just I prefer it under my given circumstances. I'm limited to the standard 360 controller in xbla which blows in every way possible. I get less frustrated with the joystick so I use that instead of the D-pad. It's way to slow for when you need to do things like triple direction presses and Back Forward motions. It's also higher up which makes it harder to use the bumbers. Overall it's really frustrating to play with this controller and I would rather have delayed actions than wrong actions (like random jumps).

My point is the controls are a bigger pain then the connection. For example I will explain Kung Lao usage. On XBLA the biggest juggle I got with him was aaSpin, JP, whif dive, spin, JK...
Just last night I played against a friend on kaillera and I got a few cycles of the inf at best. I even got to the corner once. I personally can do better with a little lag than with my current options on XBLA. I also don't play as often as others so it's not much of a problem.

It's a shame the xfps 360 didn't live up to it's potential. Things could have been great. The controls are the only real thing xbla back.

So basically you prefer Kailerra Because of Controls?

If you were to get a Mad katz controller, or a modded D pad controller you would have no problems?

abc ur dead0 said:
So basically you prefer Kailerra Because of Controls?

If you were to get a Mad katz controller, or a modded D pad controller you would have no problems?
I prefer kaillera because I play better on it. I'm planning on buying a madcatz when I get my 360 fixed but I'm sure it's no match to the PS controller.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
sup sigz

thats why this leaderboard sucks.

we need some monthly seasons.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If there are enough people playing eachother on a regular basis who feel like participating and we want to know how the whole board is doing against eachother just keep a win loss record (obviously more sophisticated than that) but you know what I mean.

Shock said:
If there are enough people playing eachother on a regular basis who feel like participating and we want to know how the whole board is doing against eachother just keep a win loss record (obviously more sophisticated than that) but you know what I mean.
Not a bad Idea. Main People I Play with would be, Annihilator, XL, Rockzilla, RedPsychosis, and Sugar. We could keep track of who has the most wins, and who has the most losses. Not a bad idea at all.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Played my first ranked set in a long time tonight, and a bunch of casuals.

I lost my second ranked match tonight and got very angry because it was totally controller related, so I played about 30 more and got up from 34 TS #28 to 36 ranked #17. This is the first time in months that I've been able to move up at all. I will try to and brute force my way to the top 10 again.

My record is now 927 and 31.