What's new

Top 50 Xbox Live Leaderboard

Enigma

Noob
I will be updating an .htm page at my webspace every night at Midnight (ET) of the Top 50 in the Ranked Versus on UMK3. As each day goes by, there will be info on what changed over the past 24 hours with each player.

http://members.cox.net/aneternalenigma/top50.htm

Guys, I'm real sorry there was no update at midnight for 11/03, but my Internet went out around 8:30pm last night and didn't come back on until literally a few minutes ago (it's 1:00pm now). I'm going to update it now, though.

please forgive my ignorance....but where do these rankings come from? It doesnt look anything like the xbox live rankings. Im new to the xbox live thing.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's update every 24 hours so naturally there will be some off stats. This is based on the Ranked Matches list which is the only one that means anything.

thats cool

shock, i think i was the one in japan that was laggin..

for some reason...i get a great connection with people that only have one or two bars....but whenever i play someone with 4, it lags. do you know why?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wonder if the connection can be better to people with even bars, sort of like playing on "good" through Kaillera when one person can be playing on LAN and the other can't.

Enigma

Noob
Updated for 11/02. Expect the update to go up around 12:30am ET every night (unless noted otherwise)

the higher you get on the board the people you play will be matched to your "skill level" making it seem like people are learning how to play better and better match!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I dunno, I still play a lot of really low ranked players. I'm back up to 5th place. A couple guys lost some matches above me, probably to eachother. It's going to become a struggle for the top 10 I think within a couple weeks. Moe is pretty solidified right now though. I am having trouble breaking 40. I was at a high 39 the other day but lost 5 matches because of that blasted controller. I made up for it a bit going from 8th to 5th winning about 50 matches and losing once I believe.

I haven't played Moe yet (can't wait) , but I'm thinkin' Crazy Dominican is gonna be tough to knock from that high position. Played him last night, real good challenger (maybe I should break my random only selection) :p
Play me!!!

-Pappyland- :)

crazy dominician won't play me on either my name or my friends name

so i have no idea how good he is

same goes for supercop and gogeta

Br0ken

Noob
I plyd crazy dominican about 3 days ago in a rank match and won...He had some skill so I invited him to a versus game..All he uses is nightwolf and kabal...The final score was 15-5 in my favor.He does have skill but I think players should use more than 2 ppl...

Oh well... he used a variety of chars against me, I play him often enough NOW though. And man am I disheartened today... gonna take a nice long break from ranked games before I smash that god damn Xbox pad...

--Pappyland--

-By the Way, thanks Enigma, this thread is a great idea.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He probably used NW and Kabal because he had to in order to compete with Broken. He beat me 10-4, I used random select, landed on mostly low tier characters like Sheeva and Sektor, vs him using Kabal, NW, Ermac, and Kitana who is hard to play against when you get Sheeva. I did random select because there was considerable lag against him as well and he asked how, but only used it once and lost that match. I was also crippled on the gamepad. Once I get a stick I should be able to get back on track. I liked the fact that he did high damage Ermac combos similar to ones I do, but I didn't like the fact that I got hit by at least 5 random blockable lifts. I thought maybe he was from Dominican Republic but he said he's from NYC, he is probably on DSL. I invited him to NEC but he says he cannot play on arcade sticks.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Weird, if he's from nyc I should get a really good connection with him since I'm from long island. I usually have a pretty noticable amount of lag when I play him though for some reason. I played one of my friends from NY and it was like offline. I actually thought he was from DR too lol.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hopefully you'll be able to get a good stick from this site one day in the unforseeable future! Otherwise, there are a lot of good places to get sticks, it's just you need to know how to modify them.