What's new

Top 10 favorite games of all time

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about this game. Wow, I never did beat it. But fuck was it fun to use a Game Genie to have whatever power you wanted at any given time! Hats off to you, sir!
Yeah it was a game still to this day I never beat, I want to beat some day though it's on my bucket list lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1-Red Dead Redemption
2-The Last of Us
3-Uncharted 2
4-Batman: Arkham City
5-Assassin's Creed II
6-God of War
7-Mortal Kombat 9
8-Grand Theft Auto 5
9-Half Life 2
10-Far Cry 3

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's off the top of my head. I deliberately avoided mentioning games that belong to the same series more than once (otherwise Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 3 and 4 would have been somewhere in there).

Also, those of you who ranked Arkham Knight over Arkham City are out of your minds.
awesome list

But Arkham Knight > Arkham City for sure for me. Going back to the old combat and predator system is impossible after Knight's system. Iv put countless hours just into the challenge maps as Nightwing because of how good the combat is in Knight. Not to mention the orgasmic map. But Arkham City was on my list and is amazing but yeah

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
1. Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite.
2. Mirrors Edge.
3. Dragon Age Origins.
4. Left 4 Dead 1, 2
5. Mass Effect.
6. Dark Souls.
7. Darkest Dungeon.
8. Dishonored.
9. Portal, Portal 2.
10. Mortak Kombat X.

Nariman

Noob
1. Dark Souls
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Mass Effect 2
4. PoP The Two Thrones
5. Mortal kombat 4
6. Assassins Creed II
7. Modern Warfare
8. PoP Warrior Within
9. Resident Evil 4
10. Arkham City

JDM

Noob
No order.

Zelda : OOT
Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe
Goldeneye 007
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Age of Mythology
Onimusha
Guitar Hero 3
Pokemon Yellow

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Super Metroid
Mass Effect 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Persona 4
Final Fantasy VII
Mega Man X
Star Wars: KOTOR
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Subsistence
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

coolwhip

Noob
awesome list

But Arkham Knight > Arkham City for sure for me. Going back to the old combat and predator system is impossible after Knight's system. Iv put countless hours just into the challenge maps as Nightwing because of how good the combat is in Knight. Not to mention the orgasmic map. But Arkham City was on my list and is amazing but yeah
Combat is definitely more polished in Arkham Knight and the map is indeed fantastic. But I think the story in Arkham City was better and more importantly, NO FUCKING BATMOBILE BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT... Which is my biggest issue with Arkham Knight. They took a can't-screw-up concept (because it's the freaking Batmobile, and it's awesome) and made it extremely tiresome. Riddler challenges with the Batmobile plus the Arkham Knight tank boss fight drove me nuts. I thought Arkham Knight started out with fantastic promise, especially in terms of story. The opening couple of hours were breathtaking, but the game doesn't finish as strong.

Last edited:

N00B

Noob
1) GTA 5
2) Saints Row 3
3) Saints Row 4
4) Max payne 3

P.S. If MKX would had some kinda mods, trainers, programms and you can change characters framedata (+ - frames on block, on hit, startup frames e.t.c.) and for example make Kung Lao's s1 6 fr, f1 9 fr combostarter, b3 13 fr, f3 15 fr, f4 13 fr -6 on block, armor on spin for two meters, and make Raiden's f2 10 fr -3, d4 11 fr -8, df2 shocker -5, ex db2 VB knock downs -7 on block, like you want and play, MKX would have some more longevity. And would be in the top 5 or maybe even in top 2.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Combat is definitely more polished in Arkham Knight and the map is indeed fantastic. But I think the story in Arkham City was better and more importantly, NO FUCKING BATMOBILE BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT... Which is my biggest issue with Arkham Knight. They took a can't-screw-up concept (because it's the freaking Batmobile, and it's awesome) and made it extremely tiresome. Riddler challenges with the Batmobile plus the Arkham Knight tank boss fight drove me nuts. I thought Arkham Knight started out with fantastic promise, especially in terms of story. The opening couple of ours were breathtaking, but the game doesn't finish as strong.
The story in City was better, but the gameplay in Knight is better.

I actually enjoyed zooming through the city on the batmobile once I got used to it -- moreso than trying to glide around that weird divided map in Arkham City. I also had a lot more fun with the Riddler challenges.

The tank boss battles were meh.. But stuff like the Batmobile racing challenges made up for them.

Overall I can't fault anyone for liking either game more. Two great titles

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Combat is definitely more polished in Arkham Knight and the map is indeed fantastic. But I think the story in Arkham City was better and more importantly, NO FUCKING BATMOBILE BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT... Which is my biggest issue with Arkham Knight. They took a can't-screw-up concept (because it's the freaking Batmobile, and it's awesome) and made it extremely tiresome. Riddler challenges with the Batmobile plus the Arkham Knight tank boss fight drove me nuts. I thought Arkham Knight started out with fantastic promise, especially in terms of story. The opening couple of ours were breathtaking, but the game doesn't finish as strong.
I actually enjoyed the batmobile combat, there was just too much is all. I liked fighting the cobra drones as well, just didn't like the boss fights. Batmobile was really good for traveling the map, going fast as shit then ejecting into a glide is dank.

As for the story, City was better no doubt. City was also more consistent in terms of everything being top quality. I guess what really put Knight over City for me was the side missions and options after the main story being so much better.

UPR_Nova

Noob
1. Super Mario World - secrets, secrets and more secrets.
2. Galaga
3. Ms. Pac-Man - gotta be the wifey because homie is too slow.
No, I'm not lying about 2 and 3. Even though I'm not old enough to have been part of their release or hay-day, best believe I was in the arcade trying to put up all 9's when they were around.
4. NBA Jam - Sega. See me with Zo and Johnson on Charlotte. Goal tend glitch to shut people out and "He's on fire!"
5. Old school Tiger Woods - the one where you called out "hole monster" when the screen changed and you put the controller down and waited on the ball to roll in (you gotta take an extra drink if you "bucket" the ball without touching the green). Today's golf, the screen changes and you are 27 feet from the cup. Also, if you don't shoot at least 30 under, you can't hang.
6. Gran Turismo - doesn't matter which one.
7. Guitar Hero - you don't want any, trust me.
8. MK9 - first competitive fighter and only fighter to make the list.
9. CoD 4 Modern Warfare - Captain Price in here.
10. CoD World at War - flop shots and hip fire...everyone that could really ball out looked like worms.

Edit: Honorable mention Devil May Cry series.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The only thing better in Arkham Knight were the graphics. This game felt like a fucking Ubisoft sandbox. = awfully repetetive. There were no interesting boss battles and they hamfisted the batmobile so fucking hard it was unbearable at one point.

UPR_Nova

Noob
@Juggs That feel when you listed MK3 twice. I know updated verison but ya.
Also that feel when people pick Bioshock Infinite over Bioshock 1

In No order:
Bioshock 1.
Horizon Zero Dawn
Skyrim
Wind Waker
Link To The Past
Injustice 1
Spyro 3
Crash 3
Rachet Deadlocked
Advanced Wars Duel Strike
Daaaaaaaam Horizon up there in the top 10 GOATs??? That is a really, REALLY good game though.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Also, played a lot of FIFA with my brother (soundtrack for FIFA games is always good) and and had a lot of fun playing casually Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur 4 (with Darth Vader and Yoda guest characters :D) and 5, Blur, Virtua Tennis 4 with my buddies on ps3 back in the days.
Some other great games I forgot to mention:
- Walking Dead: The Game
- Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma - this is not a well known game, but it is great and very clever. It's like a mix of Saw, Butterfly Effect and some of the modern time science theories :).

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Not in order.

Donkey Kong country 3
diddy Kong racing
Star fox adventures
God of war series
Jak and daxter series
Super smash bros
Street fighter x tekken
Mk9
Igau
Mkx

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I see a lot of RPG fans posting here. If any of you are D&D fans, you should absolutely check out Knights of the Chalice. It's an indie game that's one of the best adaptations of the D&D rule-set I've seen. It's just fun, retro, and awesome, and under $15! I started playing through it again last night and was reminded what an amazing game it is (and what a difficult game it can be, for you challenge junkies), so I just wanted to post about it here for anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of playing it.

myri

Time Warrior
In order:

1 - Life is Strange
2 - The Last of Us
3 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
4 - The Walking Dead: Season 1
5 - MAG
6 - Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
7 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
8 - Firewatch
9 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2