What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I don't agree with alot of this tier list.......

Oh well, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
The S+, S, and S- ratings crap is so unnecessarily lopsided towards the positive side. This is worse than video game reviewers which use a 10 point scale but never score below 7. Just put the ratings a S-F scale and make a note of how close or far apart each tier is. If there is a group that is very close to another one then that is when it is ok to use S+ or something like that.

Anyways, I feel like the real purpose of the bad rating scale was to make everyone seem "S" tier or over powered.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm just happy this list actually contained HawkGirl...she seems to be forgotten in these discussions. I don't believe in Tier List's...but these are some of my observations through my experience:
Cyborg: Controls the air very well...very deceiving fireballs...
AquaMan: Can be seriously scary when up close and aggressive, however HG does not struggle against this character.
SuperMan: Frustrating character, good zoning...but I never thought he'd be considered top...
Green Arrow: Haven't played a good Green Arrow yet...doesn't seem too threatening
DeathStroke: A one trick pony, surprisingly good offense/up close game
Grundy: Scary up close...that's it
Bane: Same as Grundy
Wonder Woman: I haven't played an aggressive Wonder Woman yet (I've only played Mr.Mileena's run away WW) but I predict she will be much more heavily represented in the future...she seems solid with her B2 and her 33 low starter, her corner pressure is INSANE.
Raven: Can be difficult, negative on block, I think she is slightly over hyped...her trait is bad ass.
Killer Frost: Undeniably solid, HawkGirl has an easy win here
Harley: Shockingly not a good character imo, her zoning is blah
Black Adam: Annoying but managable
Sinestro: Crazy zoning...I don't care what Pig has to say about his negative frames, this character is nuts, IMO
Batman: Seems rather solid
Doomdsay: Crazy in the corner, seems solid, except that stomp is like Sheeva's
NightWing: I actually don't think he's good at all, contrary to popular belief, yeah his staff stance is great...HawkGirl could care less about this character
Lobo:seemed pretty solid when I played Reo's, apparently is not
Shazam: I play Emperor Gametime's Shazam (which is really good) so I find him to be an ok character, kind of annoying teleport, has a nice command grab.
CatWoman:pretty Solid, have to be patient with strong zoners
HawkGirl: OP as fuck ;)
Not a lot of experience against Lex Luthor I guess, eh? ;p

Dizz_88

Noob
I agree with this tier list, except harley I think she should be moved up. I also agree with pig, injustice is not balanced at all. Super-Man is braindead and is top 2 in my opinion. At least Kabal (in mk9) took high execution to use, so therefore everybody was not able to be good with him. Anybody half decent can pick up supes and be good with him.

I also believe this game favors zoning characters over rushdown characters.

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
I hate to be "that guy", but are we sure we're not REALLY jumping the gun on Cyborg's supposed block infinite?

Maybe people have seen it done beyond two reps privately, but on the Internet the only (inconclusive) evidence I have that it even exists is (a) people on TYM claiming to have done it, and (b) one YouTube video of a guy who keeps messing it up past two reps. Seems to me that at least publicly, there is WAY too much hearsay surrounding this part of the character and not NEARLY enough physical evidence that this really has the power people claim it does.

Until there is HARD video evidence, tool-assisted or otherwise, that the IAFB completely locks ANY character down PAST TWO REPS (by "any" I don't mean "all", it can be character-specific for all I care as long as I see WAY more than 2 reps), I think it's irresponsible to start jumping out of our seats going "CYBORG TOP TIER BECAUSE BLOCKSTUN INFINITE". That's NOT good science.

I'm just happy this list actually contained HawkGirl...she seems to be forgotten in these discussions. I don't believe in Tier List's...but these are some of my observations through my experience:
Cyborg: Controls the air very well...very deceiving fireballs...
AquaMan: Can be seriously scary when up close and aggressive, however HG does not struggle against this character.
SuperMan: Frustrating character, good zoning...but I never thought he'd be considered top...
Green Arrow: Haven't played a good Green Arrow yet...doesn't seem too threatening
DeathStroke: A one trick pony, surprisingly good offense/up close game
Grundy: Scary up close...that's it
Bane: Same as Grundy
Wonder Woman: I haven't played an aggressive Wonder Woman yet (I've only played Mr.Mileena's run away WW) but I predict she will be much more heavily represented in the future...she seems solid with her B2 and her 33 low starter, her corner pressure is INSANE.
Raven: Can be difficult, negative on block, I think she is slightly over hyped...her trait is bad ass.
Killer Frost: Undeniably solid, HawkGirl has an easy win here
Harley: Shockingly not a good character imo, her zoning is blah
Black Adam: Annoying but managable
Sinestro: Crazy zoning...I don't care what Pig has to say about his negative frames, this character is nuts, IMO
Batman: Seems rather solid
Doomdsay: Crazy in the corner, seems solid, except that stomp is like Sheeva's
NightWing: I actually don't think he's good at all, contrary to popular belief, yeah his staff stance is great...HawkGirl could care less about this character
Lobo:seemed pretty solid when I played Reo's, apparently is not
Shazam: I play Emperor Gametime's Shazam (which is really good) so I find him to be an ok character, kind of annoying teleport, has a nice command grab.
CatWoman:pretty Solid, have to be patient with strong zoners
HawkGirl: OP as fuck ;)
It's funny you left out Ares.

Hawkgirl isn't OP.

Just a flying rat.

Dizz_88

Noob
The game favors versatility like in MK. The more things your character can do the better. The best example is Superman.
Yes, Super-man and other characters (like night-wing, batman) that are balanced are very good. But in general zoning is better for several reasons. For one zoning does great chip damage on block, rushdown doesn't do crap for chip on block. Another reason is NRS has built tools to help people get out of the corner and a great anti-rushdown tool in push block (but costs 1 bar). Pressure is not the greatest unless it leads to a combo.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yes, Super-man and other characters (like night-wing, batman) that are balanced are very good. But in general zoning is better for several reasons. For one zoning does great chip damage on block, rushdown doesn't do crap for chip on block. Another reason is NRS has built tools to help people get out of the corner and a great anti-rushdown tool in push block (but costs 1 bar). Pressure is not the greatest unless it leads to a combo.
The game needs a push back mechanic because certain characters like Killer Frost and Nightwing would have easy block infinite combos in the corner. This game also has some of the most simple-minded 50/50 mix ups seen in modern fighting games. The balance between zoning and rush down is fine.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I'm just going to give my thoughts on the characters I play. I'm not going to tier them, but I will talk about their tools.

Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman is a really strong character with tools for every possible situation. She has above average mobility, great meterless damage, stunning frametraps, and a great corner game.

I think the reason she's being slept on is that Superman/Aquaman/Green Lantern do a better job of having obvious tools for almost any situation. Some stuff like her shield stance bf3 isn't as obvious, and she doesn't have a set gameplay she can autopilot as much as f23 breath or Aquaman b2/ground trident pressure. Plus she has 5-5 or 6-4s down the board, which is awesome if you play her, but she doesn't overwhelm certain matchups as much as the top three definitively so I think people feel like she isn't as big a threat as she is.

She also has amazing parry's in both stances and considering how many d1 are mid and how many moves almost force your opponent to fish for a d1 she can really make them afraid to hit a button even when they have frame advantage.

Playing against her or playing as her I think most matchups feel winnable, which is a great balance imo.

Harley: Also a Jack of All trades character. Her best tools are imo her low b2,2 and her 2d3 which is stupendous on block. Also her meterless damage is solid and her MB Play Doctor is a flat 10% bonus damage. Her zoning is okay to interrupt an opponent, but it doesn't deal enough damage at 4% per hit to really intimidate anyone.

Her air gunshot is good, but it doesn't knock down or deal great damage so it's best as an annoyance. He biggest problem is that it's safe to block low against her, she can do 9% on an instant overhead, but otherwise her actual overhead is stubby and difficult to land except on a hard knockdown.

I think she suffers from a similar problem to Wonder Woman in that she doesn't win any matchups convincing, but she has the additional issue of having real issues with zoning. If her command dash weren't basically inferior to her actual dash and only cancellable into two options that both can be blocked low and the fact that a lot of zoning still hits it makes it feel like an orphan move. Plus none of her setups work fantastically. The db2 MB stuff is okay but it can be neutral jumped, she has a lot of safe buttons after 2d3 but none of them are overhead, and the command dash mixup on knockdown is visually difficult to see which side it's on, but again it's all low, so just hold down and the crossup doesn't even matter.

Flash: I honestly think he isn't fully explored enough, by me or anyone else to really place anywhere. His hard knockdown mixup game is amazing. He needs a meter to get damage but he gets 41% for one bar, and 49% for one bar plus trait. He has a real issue with zoning, I've seen some neat tricks with the vibration move into trait and lightning charge to set up a knockdown, but that's inconsistent.

He also doesn't keep frame advantage off much so if they block that first nasty mixup they can push buttons unless you risk one of his reversals, which get punished hard. On the other hand his reversals are good. Like he has the six frame reversal nobody knows about. (Everyone always mentions Corps Charge) His dash cancels are good, but I dunno, I don't think his options off it are scary enough to do much except pick up a throw once in a while. He does have one tool I don't see getting used enough which is d12bf1 mb. It's a 6 frame low that nets 41%. That alone I think gives him some options.

I feel like a lot of people aren't using him because he doesn't have obvious tools for everything, and he, despite having an anti-zoning move isn't really great at getting in on zoning. His command dash will duck one hit, but at long range it's gotta be cancelled to a block unless you make a risky read on the low.

Lobo: He needs help. I have a big writeup in Reo's Lobo thread. But he has issues everywhere except midrange, and even there his execution needs make him hard to use. His visual design and combos look cool so that's something.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
i feel like

#1. we shouldnt compare this game to mk, sf4, mvc, etc

#2. It is extremely unbalanced and apparently everyone is scared to admit it.

When you guys realize im right in 4-6 months call me
I have to agree with you. In do time , tournaments will be at most 5 different chars.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The game needs a push back mechanic because certain characters like Killer Frost and Nightwing would have easy block infinite combos in the corner. This game also has some of the most simple-minded 50/50 mix ups seen in modern fighting games. The balance between zoning and rush down is fine.
KF has no block infinites... 3~4 can only be looped 3x before she is pushed out and 111~4 cannot be looped as the first hit is high and she gets full combo punished for it.

Lobo trait has to be fixed so he recovers faster... it's ridiculous.