What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I recently talked to Tom Brady and REO, two testers and high level Injustice: GAU players, on Skype. I asked them to opine about a tier list after a month of the game’s release. The following is their tier list. The characters are listed in alphabetical order within each tier.

S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo
this game has 10-11 viable characters

period

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm confident that THTB would beat Aris.
Wut?

Judging by how everyone is playing the game compared to me, and who Aris has been competing against, I'd say I'm flattered by your confidence, but I hope you wouldn't actually think of betting on me on that matchup.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm just happy this list actually contained HawkGirl...she seems to be forgotten in these discussions. I don't believe in Tier List's...but these are some of my observations through my experience:
Cyborg: Controls the air very well...very deceiving fireballs...
AquaMan: Can be seriously scary when up close and aggressive, however HG does not struggle against this character.
SuperMan: Frustrating character, good zoning...but I never thought he'd be considered top...
Green Arrow: Haven't played a good Green Arrow yet...doesn't seem too threatening
DeathStroke: A one trick pony, surprisingly good offense/up close game
Grundy: Scary up close...that's it
Bane: Same as Grundy
Wonder Woman: I haven't played an aggressive Wonder Woman yet (I've only played Mr.Mileena's run away WW) but I predict she will be much more heavily represented in the future...she seems solid with her B2 and her 33 low starter, her corner pressure is INSANE.
Raven: Can be difficult, negative on block, I think she is slightly over hyped...her trait is bad ass.
Killer Frost: Undeniably solid, HawkGirl has an easy win here
Harley: Shockingly not a good character imo, her zoning is blah
Black Adam: Annoying but managable
Sinestro: Crazy zoning...I don't care what Pig has to say about his negative frames, this character is nuts, IMO
Batman: Seems rather solid
Doomdsay: Crazy in the corner, seems solid, except that stomp is like Sheeva's
NightWing: I actually don't think he's good at all, contrary to popular belief, yeah his staff stance is great...HawkGirl could care less about this character
Lobo:seemed pretty solid when I played Reo's, apparently is not
Shazam: I play Emperor Gametime's Shazam (which is really good) so I find him to be an ok character, kind of annoying teleport, has a nice command grab.
CatWoman:pretty Solid, have to be patient with strong zoners
HawkGirl: OP as fuck ;)

Nightwing is S-tier with the small exception that he has some horrid matchups (still working on how to help with the superman and hawkgirl match up) . Other than that. Everyone pretty much has to respect him and dear god. Don't get caught in the corner with no meter.......

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm still really bad with Green Arrow but he seems easily bottom 10 right now. He's got some issues atm.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
MK had the following viable characters after 2.5 years of play

Kabal
Kenshi
Lao
Cyrax
Sonya
Cage
Kit
Jax
Mileena
Skarlet
Freddy

So no its about the same
Plus we didn't discover who was viable until a little after a year of play. IGAU we figured that out in less than a month.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I'm just happy this list actually contained HawkGirl...she seems to be forgotten in these discussions. I don't believe in Tier List's...but these are some of my observations through my experience:
Cyborg: Controls the air very well...very deceiving fireballs...
AquaMan: Can be seriously scary when up close and aggressive, however HG does not struggle against this character.
SuperMan: Frustrating character, good zoning...but I never thought he'd be considered top...
Green Arrow: Haven't played a good Green Arrow yet...doesn't seem too threatening
DeathStroke: A one trick pony, surprisingly good offense/up close game
Grundy: Scary up close...that's it
Bane: Same as Grundy
Wonder Woman: I haven't played an aggressive Wonder Woman yet (I've only played Mr.Mileena's run away WW) but I predict she will be much more heavily represented in the future...she seems solid with her B2 and her 33 low starter, her corner pressure is INSANE.
Raven: Can be difficult, negative on block, I think she is slightly over hyped...her trait is bad ass.
Killer Frost: Undeniably solid, HawkGirl has an easy win here
Harley: Shockingly not a good character imo, her zoning is blah
Black Adam: Annoying but managable
Sinestro: Crazy zoning...I don't care what Pig has to say about his negative frames, this character is nuts, IMO
Batman: Seems rather solid
Doomdsay: Crazy in the corner, seems solid, except that stomp is like Sheeva's
NightWing: I actually don't think he's good at all, contrary to popular belief, yeah his staff stance is great...HawkGirl could care less about this character
Lobo:seemed pretty solid when I played Reo's, apparently is not
Shazam: I play Emperor Gametime's Shazam (which is really good) so I find him to be an ok character, kind of annoying teleport, has a nice command grab.
CatWoman:pretty Solid, have to be patient with strong zoners
HawkGirl: OP as fuck ;)
When you can chill in the top corner fullscreen of course a lot of characters look just ok, lol. :p

Nobody can touch a character that can chill up there and attack (Superman, Black Adam, Hawkgirl). A design flaw IMO, but we'll have to make do.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
At the moment the list seems credible. As time goes on I think Aquaman and BAtman will drop a bit. If Batman gets nerfed only, he will drop heavily.
Pig Of The Hut Shang is also tournament viable.

volkmair

Noob
Been playing Lex, Bane and Lobo, I sure can pick them. Its early days though who knows how this list will get shuffled about.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Injustice is a better fighting game than MK. No input bug. No meter drain glitches. No silly blocking mechanics.

And no Smoke.
That is yet to be seen, we'll have to wait for all the DLC characters. Moroever, Raven like Smoke is a counter-zoner.