What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
She was used by Sooneo who made it to the 2nd place of Rumble in the Tundra, using both her and Green Arrow. Yes he used GA way more then Star, but he used her a couple of times. and he also good a godlike clutch finish with her at the Grand Finales.
Good lookin out, I'll check that out right now.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So..

Don't know why it's really bothering me now but I'm starting to miss her damage from her bnbs.

Most of my damage comes from two things:

B2 anti air
And MB B3

kevkopdx

Noob
So..

Don't know why it's really bothering me now but I'm starting to miss her damage from her bnbs.

B2 anti air
And MB B3
Ya... how do u think she is now? She seems pretty mediocre... like mid tier... i love using her but her up close game is pretty lame

So..

B2 anti air
And MB B3
I've always missed it, though I appreciate why it had to be toned down from what it was. Pre-patch Starfire vs Bane/Black Canary etc. were legit 7-3 matchups, and toning down her damage at least gave them some sort of reasonable chance against her!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Ya... how do u think she is now? She seems pretty mediocre... like mid tier... i love using her but her up close game is pretty lame
I feel the exact same way because she does very well against a lot of the cast but even so she has to play extremely smart or it's hard to make up for Your mistakes.
I feel like Meterburn rolls murder her too. Like, throwing out an orb or dust is so dangerous because of the long recovery time. characters like Supergirl or Flash will pretty much take away half your life on reaction if they see you do it and have a bar. If you happen to use trait and they are in your face, then they just d1/d1 punish you and now your best zoning tool is on cool down.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I've always missed it, though I appreciate why it had to be toned down from what it was. Pre-patch Starfire vs Bane/Black Canary etc. were legit 7-3 matchups, and toning down her damage at least gave them some sort of reasonable chance against her!
Yeah it was a reasonable change for the same reasons you mentioned.

What does Starfire actually need to be a good character?
She is good. Just not very good or very bad. Having people like sonic fox publically say she is “trash” is a good thing. Not many will use her and she may get buffs. I fee she is upper mid with no clear losing 3-7 mu’s. Her biggest issue is her neutral. No really good fast advancing mids.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Frankly, her problem is that people try to sell her as a zoner yet she's inferior even in that.
If we leave her zoning as is and fix her frame data, we'll get a pretty good all-around character.

Hey guys I’m fairly new to Starfire (only been playing her a couple weeks) some match ups I hate but she’s overall a fun character to play regardless. I was wondering if there is a discord for SF players to talk to each other and was wondering where I can go from where I am currently at since I am having success with her in Tournaments, Ranked Sets and just Sets with friends (although they don’t appreciate the zoning and I often get a salty Green Arrow). However overall I wish to make her my secondary.

Current combos I know are bnb utilizing her b3/f3 or b2 (anti-air), and 23 which stem from air dashing in mostly.

Any tips will help greatly, thank you!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Hey guys I’m fairly new to Starfire (only been playing her a couple weeks) some match ups I hate but she’s overall a fun character to play regardless. I was wondering if there is a discord for SF players to talk to each other and was wondering where I can go from where I am currently at since I am having success with her in Tournaments, Ranked Sets and just Sets with friends (although they don’t appreciate the zoning and I often get a salty Green Arrow). However overall I wish to make her my secondary.

Current combos I know are bnb utilizing her b3/f3 or b2 (anti-air), and 23 which stem from air dashing in mostly.

Any tips will help greatly, thank you!
https://discord.gg/ESxkFBW