What's new

Question - Killer This Is For Our Own Good.

Do you think Berserker Stance Cancels should cost stamina?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • No.

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • You're insane for ever bringing this up.

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
But they can backdash it!
No they can't lol

The so what is that there's no mixup for the wakeup like other characters have. Also that's no necessarily true what you said. A lot of mid hitting wakeups have enough pushback or low enough BA that they are only checked with a poke or fast special and are not FCP by most of the cast.
So the following characters have a 50/50 on wakeup:
Tanya
Alien
War God Kotal

That is 7 variations out of like 80. That is in no way the norm lol.

As for the second claim of wakeups that cannot be FCP by most of the cast on block:
Demolition Sonya
Kung Jin
Bartitsu BRC
Kano
Liu Kang
Ferra Torr

That is still only about 10% of the variations in this game.

My point here is that Leatherface's wakeups are average in this game. Almost no one has a 50/50 mixup on wakeup and very few have wakeups that you cannot FCP on block.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
As for the second claim of wakeups that cannot be FCP by most of the cast on block:
Demolition Sonya
Kung Jin
Bartitsu BRC
Kano
Liu Kang
Ferra Torr

My point here is that Leatherface's wakeups are average in this game. Almost no one has a 50/50 mixup on wakeup and very few have wakeups that you cannot FCP on block.
And Sub Zero
And Ermac
And Goro
And Jax
And Jason

My break is over and I'm sure there's lots more but I advise you look at the frame data a little more.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
No they can't lol

So the following characters have a 50/50 on wakeup:
Tanya
Alien
War God Kotal

That is 7 variations out of like 80. That is in no way the norm lol.

Demolition Sonya
Kung Jin
Bartitsu BRC
Kano
Liu Kang
Ferra Torr

Could you show me a video of F2~BS4 not being backdash-able? I haven't been able to do this and have always believe that it could be backdashed.

Zoidberg747

And Sub Zero
And Ermac
And Goro
And Jax
And Jason

My break is over and I'm sure there's lots more but I advise you look at the frame data a little more.
Sub has no safe wakeups
Ermac and Goro I forgot about
Jax's dash punch is -7. Hard to punish but still possible.
I could've sworn Jason didnt have any either.

Even if all those are right that's still only a 4th of the cast. Most characters in this game get punished if their wakeups are read. And the ones that don't really don't have nearly as good tools as LF does so its a moot point. He would be broke if he had a safe wakeup.

Could you show me a video of F2~BS4 not being backdash-able? I haven't been able to do this and have always believe that it could be backdashed.
I must've tested it on someone with a bad backdash cause you're right. I retract my statement about reducing hitstun of F2 then because if you can beat it without a bar then its not that bad.

Still broke in the corner though lol.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Sub has no safe wakeups

Even if all those are right that's still only a 4th of the cast. Most characters in this game get punished if their wakeups are read. And the ones that don't really don't have nearly as good tools as LF does so its a moot point. He would be broke if he had a safe wakeup.

I must've tested it on someone with a bad backdash cause you're right. I retract my statement about reducing hitstun of F2 then because if you can beat it without a bar then its not that bad.

Had someone backdash out of it today. After that I used BF4c to fake them out into another full combo.

It's beatable, but BF4c turns it into a dangerous read. Leatherface seems to have some unique and interesting tools.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Sub has no safe wakeups

I feel like you misread my original comment.

FCP by most of the cast.
So when we look at Subs. Ice Burst's pushback helps against characters without quick advancing strings that are cancelable or popup. That segments a large portion. Slide low profiles most high punishes so slide beats characters without a mid starting string with startup less than 8 that are again cancelable or popup, again segmenting a large portion of the cast.

If we look at armored wakeups in that light rather than "if one character can punish X move then X move is FCP" it hightlights character strengths and matchup advantages. My original comment was to highlight that wakeups and playing on the defensive are not strengths of LF and thus exploiting that or limiting his strengths in pressure or scaring people with mixups shows he's relatively a balanced character (from what I've seen) overall.

Zoidberg747

My original comment was to highlight that wakeups and playing on the defensive are not strengths of LF and thus exploiting that or limiting his strengths in pressure or scaring people with mixups shows he's relatively a balanced character (from what I've seen) overall.
I would agree that they wouldn't be strengths, but I don't think I'd consider them a huge weakness either. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Sub has no safe wakeups

Still can be back dashed though, in fact it's even easier to punish since you're right next to him after.

Zoidberg747

Still can be back dashed though, in fact it's even easier to punish since you're right next to him after.
That seems like a really big risk if you're cornered though because then if I just delay the BS4 a little bit the invincibility frames will be gone and you'll get caught anyway. Or I can BS4c and possibly punish the recovery of some backdashes.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Well, actually, originally it wasn't sarcastic at all. It grew out of a blatant overuse of a serious contention (like most sarcastic phrases)
are you sure? damn i never knew of a time when it was used anything but sarcastically

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Maxter was the one who created the phrase when describing MK9 Cyrax and possible nerfs. He was 100% serious.
ah haha got it

so that means literallly every single time since it has been used either ironically or by other idiots

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
No, it should not cost stamina. None of his attacks are safe on block, plus he doesn't even have any low starters unlike all of the characters you've mentioned. He needs something.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The more days go by, the more people get used to my tricks, the better I feel about this being a no.
When I proposed this question, I wasn't convinced one way or another; I was just trying to plan ahead to keep this wonderful brute from being wrongly changed.
But no...no, I think the no's will have it with this one.

If it were up to me, the fixing F2 idea sounds like the best way to go about quieting the eventual bitching to come, because it will and we all know this. But debate and sound logic are the sane tools with which to keep our insane companion strong.

Keep the talk flowing, boys.

He has a 6f poke and 2 armored reversals, one being low and one being OH. Unless Jax has infinite blockstring pressure you wont be able to pressure him forever.

And when its his turn to pressure you he has safe pressure that builds tons of meter, and whenever he lands any combo he can end it with a cancel that leaves him + enough to guarantee even more pressure. I also think saying his neutral is bad is a lie. His f12 works fine if you space it right because the 2nd hit is Mid and comes out fast, so you can't just low profile him.

Killer is a damn good character and he most likely needs normalizations. I say that as someone who mains LF lol.

It is fuzzyable but so what? In that case they would be reading you are going to wakeup in the first place. There are very few wakeups that are safe on block in the game. Most of the time if your opponent baits the wakeup, you get punished. He doesn't have the best wakeups but they aren't subpar either.
nope dead wrong.

I really like the part where u say 'what u said about his neutral game is a lie bc if u space f12 out perfect it works great bc 2 is a mid' Very funny stuff. Keep it coming.