What's new

Question - Killer This Is For Our Own Good.

Do you think Berserker Stance Cancels should cost stamina?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • No.

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • You're insane for ever bringing this up.

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I know it's early in his life.
I know it's unusual.
But I know that if it isn't brought up that it can result in seriously unnecessary measures being taken once it's more regularly exploited.
And I'm not all that great at fighting game logistics jargon, so I'm just going to put it plainly.

I can't for the life of me justify the fact that Berserker Stance cancels don't cost any stamina bar.
Just about every other cancel or technical gimmick in the game I can think of, from A-List to HQT to Dragon's Fire, Hollywood Cassie to Tremor, Thunder God Raiden to Hellfire Scorpion, ALL of them eat up stamina. Yet Leatherface somehow avoids it, in spite of the fact that he has no outstanding weakness yet to be identified that could give cause for such a thing.
Why am I bringing this up? Why not just let it ride and enjoy the dirt while it lasts? Because I fucking love this character and I don't want to see the same thing happen to him that's happened to Tremor, Tanya, and every other character that needed just a bit of a tweak to be purely balanced out but ended up being mutilated and put back together in way too different a format.

Maybe I'm insane. Maybe I'm unnecessarily upplaying my character. Maybe scallops are flying out of me shorts. But I'd rather gather everyone's general consensus now and nip this in the bud before it ends up biting us in the ass way down the line.
He isn't broken. He isn't overpowered. He's no more insane than any other top tier character come lately. But this particular nuance has been bothering the hell out of me and needed to be addressed.

Thoughts?

They shouldn't cost stamina. On block, almost all of them are punishable as hell, B1 being the safest at -4. Even on hit it can be risky, the opponent can backdash after if timed. But they'll be hit if you use F12

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I think they likely should cost stamina, but I don't know if it would have the desired effect. Maybe it's just my lack of familiarity with cancel pressure variations, but BS stance seems to lend itself more to mix-up mind games rather than continuing pressure like the others you mentioned.

I don't know that stamina burn would limit Killer's game enough to prevent further nerfs. I love the charcter, but fast punishes that go into easy 48% midscreen combos with the option to end instead with a stance cancel bait-and-punish for another full combo is kinda crazy.

WATCHD0G

Noob
well he doesn't run when he cancels so no i think it's fair....plus i have seen many ppl hit him out of it quite easily

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
This is what I think: There is a reason why they made him so good.

I heard there is a new movie coming out hence they put Leatherface in the game and why so good. A lot of people including me was mad about them adding yet another guess character(no matter how much of a horror fan you are), they should have known, but they added him anyway. I say they were looking at their pockets all along. Leatherface OP = tournament exposure.

The design of the character is great nonetheless, I really like it. They might have put more time into this character than our own MK originals when working on him. I think that as a community agreement this character shouldn't be allowed to play at tournies, not because it's broken but because it was an advertisement low blow. We should hit back. But that's just the activist in my mind speaking/protesting.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I want to see video of the posters in here punishing Killer's cancels 10/10 times on reaction in a real match
There is only one practical cancel in most circumstances, and that is BS4. BS4 is beatable with a poke, and the cancels are negative on block so they are also beatable with a poke. Not saying it is easy, just that the best response to the BF4 animation is the fastest poke you've got, and either way you beat Killer. It has to be a fast reaction, sure, but it is a reliable counter.

The mixup at the end of combos is where BS4c gets tricky, as the F2 into BS4 leaves Killer with time to cancel into other options, but adding stamina cost to BS4c won't change that.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
All the cancels can be punished on block im pretty sure. Just give people some time to get the timing on the punishes down. Its only been about 2 weeks. in time people will start punishing them. Also if you make them cost stamina it hurts killer badly.

Indecisive

I want to see video of the posters in here punishing Killer's cancels 10/10 times on reaction in a real match
As i said a above its only been about 2 weeks. and we have 7 characters out at the same time. It will take some time for people to punish the cancels consistently.

Indecisive

Hit me up a year from now when people still don't punish them every time in tournament.
*Shrugs* Alot of stuff doesnt get punished and wont get punished in tournament. It happens. But there are answers to it. Not being able to answer it 100% of the time doesnt mean it should be fixed. :/. What they should do is reduce the block stun on the cancels cause it fucks with the punish timing. :/

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I know it's early in his life.
I know it's unusual.
But I know that if it isn't brought up that it can result in seriously unnecessary measures being taken once it's more regularly exploited.
And I'm not all that great at fighting game logistics jargon, so I'm just going to put it plainly.

I can't for the life of me justify the fact that Berserker Stance cancels don't cost any stamina bar.
Just about every other cancel or technical gimmick in the game I can think of, from A-List to HQT to Dragon's Fire, Hollywood Cassie to Tremor, Thunder God Raiden to Hellfire Scorpion, ALL of them eat up stamina. Yet Leatherface somehow avoids it, in spite of the fact that he has no outstanding weakness yet to be identified that could give cause for such a thing.
Why am I bringing this up? Why not just let it ride and enjoy the dirt while it lasts? Because I fucking love this character and I don't want to see the same thing happen to him that's happened to Tremor, Tanya, and every other character that needed just a bit of a tweak to be purely balanced out but ended up being mutilated and put back together in way too different a format.

Maybe I'm insane. Maybe I'm unnecessarily upplaying my character. Maybe scallops are flying out of me shorts. But I'd rather gather everyone's general consensus now and nip this in the bud before it ends up biting us in the ass way down the line.
He isn't broken. He isn't overpowered. He's no more insane than any other top tier character come lately. But this particular nuance has been bothering the hell out of me and needed to be addressed.

Thoughts?
thats because its not the same as a run cancel

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Not easy doesn't mean impossible, and not easy doesn't mean broken.

Again, the cancels aren't being used to make strings safe and continue pressure, at least not in anything I've seen so far. Making them stamina dependent wouldn't change their mindgame usage at all.

Has anyone actually tried utilizing the BS cancels for rapid pressure in a manner that would require a stamina cost balance?