What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi guys, just want to ask you what's your top5 of worst MU ? I played maybe 200 matchs and can say that's my top of worst MU are : Superman / Darkseid / Batman / Supergirl / Harley.
I really hate play against superman because of his mid zonning, can't really use my special jump, and his reversal grab because it's really hard to punish, can't punish when he is back on the ground and sometime miss him in air with D2. Batman and catwoman revelsals hate too because there is a tight timing to punish slide or air claws

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I also want share my opinion of tops and cons of cheetah.
Pros :
all mixups do hard knockdown
excellent F3 with fast double hit
decent B3 range
tik throws
7f punish with good damage if have at least 2 bars
decent against zonners (hard vs superman, darkseid, batman)
meterless short mixups with good damage
CONS :
bad hitbox of D2 for AA
very bad supermove, slow startup and take full damage, can lose 30% against deadshoot EX rifle during animation
and of cause jump in 1 on block leave a big big window
meterless short mixups put opponents always on the ground and give him 50/50 to reversal
some of them are unsafe
B1,2 has a big window
F2,3,1+2 hard to connect in combo
no many ways to activate trait

I think she will be good with a full invulnerable super, and with a bigger block stun with JIP+1 and of cause a neft of batmans and supermans

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I played a Cheetah last night who used some mid-screen setup that allowed her b3 to cross-up for a full combo. I haven't seen anything about this setup on TYM. Does anyone have any information about it? It was just a combo ended in a way that allowed her to b3 before I had woken up, the b3 passed over me but still hit. I can't remember exactly what they did to set it up.

I played a Cheetah last night who used some mid-screen setup that allowed her b3 to cross-up for a full combo. I haven't seen anything about this setup on TYM. Does anyone have any information about it? It was just a combo ended in a way that allowed her to b3 before I had woken up, the b3 passed over me but still hit. I can't remember exactly what they did to set it up.
Yeah there's a post on here about it all you do is dash under and do a b3 its not hard (harder to explain the mechanics than do it lol)

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I found it, its on my YouTube and you can find it in riptorns corner b3 thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't know if you guys knew this but I just found out that Cheetah can hold her blood lunge against Dr. Fate's projectile and if he MBs it, she can let it go after she low profiles the first one and go through the second one, you can punish his mb projectiles. However, if he does the non-MB version he will be able to punish your lunge.

I think this is huge and yesterday at RHS I saw Pig and Wound talking about Cheetah beating Dr. Fate... What do you guys think? I can definitely see her winning it, I haven't played Dr. Fate in a long set yet so I don't have a big opinion on him, I've played a lot of good Fate players but in single games on ranked.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't know if you guys knew this but I just found out that Cheetah can hold her blood lunge against Dr. Fate's projectile and if he MBs it, she can let it go after she low profiles the first one and go through the second one, you can punish his mb projectiles. However, if he does the non-MB version he will be able to punish your lunge.

I think this is huge and yesterday at RHS I saw Pig and Wound talking about Cheetah beating Dr. Fate... What do you guys think? I can definitely see her winning it, I haven't played Dr. Fate in a long set yet so I don't have a big opinion on him, I've played a lot of good Fate players but in single games on ranked.
Yeah, I think I talk about this in the MU Discussion about Doctor Fate in my Cheetah Guide. From my experience she does rather well against him as long as she's patient. If she ever gets a life lead, I don't know how Fate can reliably catch up. Mb.f3 shits on all of his wakeups, if I recall correctly.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, I think I talk about this in the MU Discussion about Doctor Fate in my Cheetah Guide. From my experience she does rather well against him as long as she's patient. If she ever gets a life lead, I don't know how Fate can reliably catch up. Mb.f3 shits on all of his wakeups, if I recall correctly.
Yeah and you don't have to spend a bar to stuff his wake-ups, regular F3 or even her other normals can stuff it easily depending on the knockdown.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
As for the Deadshot MU, surprisingly I don't think it's that bad... I think he wins but she has a lot of options actually.
- good dash and walkspeed
- she can do lunge reads to his low rifle, multihitting shots and mid shots.
- lunge actually low profiles his mid fulscreen shot at max distance, which means you can hold down lunge and react to either mid shot or low rifle and then let it go. Lunge into j1/3 will punish low rifle, it won't punish mid shot but then you're in.
-after command grab on hit I like to walk forward into D1 to stuff his wake-up and once he respects that I can go for more options or MB F3 is an easier and more rewarding option.
Punish low shot on a read or on block?

JesterSMX

Hi guys, just want to ask you what's your top5 of worst MU ? I played maybe 200 matchs and can say that's my top of worst MU are : Superman / Darkseid / Batman / Supergirl / Harley.
I really hate play against superman because of his mid zonning, can't really use my special jump, and his reversal grab because it's really hard to punish, can't punish when he is back on the ground and sometime miss him in air with D2. Batman and catwoman revelsals hate too because there is a tight timing to punish slide or air claws
We have the same 5. Learning patience and what matchups to not use stance has helped with other characters. GL is giving me trouble though. If I walk him down I get caught with b1 and if I jump or leap I get d2'd or raw lift. Not sure how to approach.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So I've just played my very first match against a good Cheetah player and I'm scared shitless. You guys are monsters, you have no idea what you put your opponents through. I didn't know where to block, ever.

I think I might be scarred for life.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So I've just played my very first match against a good Cheetah player and I'm scared shitless. You guys are monsters, you have no idea what you put your opponents through. I didn't know where to block, ever.

I think I might be scarred for life.
Have you ever played against Bane?

JesterSMX

Warning! Message may contain salt.

Am I crazy or does WW have a block infinite in the corner? 223... As if the matchup wasn't hard enough.

Edit: It's 22(gap)3 Still bullshit imo.

I'm also gonna say Darkseid beats cheetah at least 7-3. A good Darkseid needs to fuck up to lose. He plays keep away to build meter and buy time for trait. By the time I walk him down I eat a mixup and the whole thing starts over again. If we could go into stance at all I think it would help.

You can dash after a missed beam (unless trait is out and they're on point)

Doesn't feel that bad but I can't say I've fought a great dark sied and I'm not a great cheetah

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Warning! Message may contain salt.

Am I crazy or does WW have a block infinite in the corner? 223... As if the matchup wasn't hard enough.

Edit: It's 22(gap)3 Still bullshit imo.

I'm also gonna say Darkseid beats cheetah at least 7-3. A good Darkseid needs to fuck up to lose. He plays keep away to build meter and buy time for trait. By the time I walk him down I eat a mixup and the whole thing starts over again. If we could go into stance at all I think it would help.
223's gap is huge... You can literally full-combo interrupt it anyway, WW has options but there's nothing busted about it.

JesterSMX

223's gap is huge... You can literally full-combo interrupt it anyway, WW has options but there's nothing busted about it.
Yeah it took a couple min in practice mode but why make any string +12? It's not normal. She can still cancel into a safe special so I don't get it.

Edit: Excuse me... plus mb special

Last edited: